Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marlin or allpro front bumper 1st gen runner

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 09:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScottyC
I don't think you meant to quote me, but the previous post, right?
No. I meant you. I think the fact that you will mod for a BL for 35 bucks is a big plus in your favor. If the OP buys another bumper to save, I don't know, $35-75 in shipping, then has to drop $50-100 in fab work to get it the way he wants it, well where are the savings. He will likely have to pay tax in state too...

I don't want to go out on a limb regarding your shipping as I don't know your situation. I just know that Marlin got mine one state over for $27. I can't see why it would too different going the other way. Only fly in the ointment I can see is if the stinger makes it oversized or some such. Mine was a no stinger model. I just thought the OP should consider all that before making a decision.

SpecialScottie keep in mind bumper price + shipping + tax + fab work for the total price. Shipping might not be the dealkiller.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKNBLU
No. I meant you. I think the fact that you will mod for a BL for 35 bucks is a big plus in your favor. If the OP buys another bumper to save, I don't know, $35-75 in shipping, then has to drop $50-100 in fab work to get it the way he wants it, well where are the savings. He will likely have to pay tax in state too...

I don't want to go out on a limb regarding your shipping as I don't know your situation. I just know that Marlin got mine one state over for $27. I can't see why it would too different going the other way. Only fly in the ointment I can see is if the stinger makes it oversized or some such. Mine was a no stinger model. I just thought the OP should consider all that before making a decision.

SpecialScottie keep in mind bumper price + shipping + tax + fab work for the total price. Shipping might not be the dealkiller.
Great point Blknblu. Considering the extra cost of making the marlin or allpro work with the bodylift, it might be better off just going the other way