Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final (?) post, 3rd Gen. skids finished, pic intensive long post

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final (?) post, 3rd Gen. skids finished, pic intensive long post

First, sorry Chris and Corey about the size of the post, if you want me to trim it down, let me know.

Second, the pics. It is high and tight, covers it all and double tough.

So, here's the deal. I have six that are up for first come, first serve. The price is $320.00 including shipping to the continental US. In case that's not clear, the price INCLUDES shipping which is NOT inexpensive. Another point that is fair to make is the fact that I will be losing money on this project. I'm not asking anyone to feel sorry for me, this is just the way the project turned out.

Email or PM me for my mailing address if you are interested. At this time I can only accept check, MO or cash. First six received payments are the victors, no favorites, no BS, no games on this end, first six.

Now, here's something to consider. If there is enough interest, serious cash on the table type interest, I will make ten more. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.

Finally, a great deal of appreciation and kudos to Steve Schaefer. He did a great deal of grunt work and thankless fitting, cutting, measuring and legwork on these. Additionally if he weren't so pushy or perfection oriented (birds of a feather as it's said) I probably would have sold the design to someone else and let them have the headache of this project.

So, there you have it, the long and short of what's what.

Mike
Old 09-10-2003, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

Maybe you could look into PayPal, then people could use a credit card. I used that for most of the Sonoran Steel sales. Just an idea.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by sschaefer3
Maybe you could look into PayPal, then people could use a credit card. I used that for most of the Sonoran Steel sales. Just an idea.
Fair point, I'll look into it and post up when I've made a decision.

Mike
Old 09-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks for all of your hard work on these, guys. Much appreciated. They look good, and I am very much looking forward to owning one.

I can pay immediately. Check or PayPal works here. I guess I'll PM you soon, Mike. I think I was one of the first ones to make a deposit to Mike V., which was a couple days after this was announced originally. I'm assuming the rest of my payment will go to you, Mike, but hopefully that extra $50 I deposited will find its way to you as well, if it hasn't already. Any thoughts? I guess we can discuss that privately. I just mentioned it "aloud" in case there were any others who did the same.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:51 PM
Contributing Member

Woo Hoo!

Mike, Do you want me to pay for the shipping or any extra cost?

I realize when you decided to "give" one away for the CO4RJ raffle you weren't expecting to give so much away.

Thank You Both So Much!!!! When I come out there to wheel, I will buy all of the beer!

Last edited by Albuquerque Jim; 09-10-2003 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:56 PM

Originally posted by Albuquerque Jim
Woo Hoo!

Mike, Do you want me to pay for the shipping or any extra cost?

I realize when you decided to "give" one away for the CO4RJ raffle you weren't expecting to give so much away.
No sir, a raffle prize is a raffle prize which means free of charge in my book. I'll get your shipping info by email and you should have yours in the next couple of weeks.

I'm also holding on to one for the 2004 AZRocks / AZ4RJ.

Mike
Old 09-10-2003, 09:59 PM
Contributing Member

a raffle prize is a raffle prize which means free of charge in my book. I'll get your shipping info by email and you should have yours in the next couple of weeks.
BAD A$$! I can't wait
Old 09-10-2003, 10:48 PM

Quick note, I will be totally unavailable the entire day of Thursday, Sept. 11th as we have several functions to attend and grief counseling for over 300 employees that management must be on hand for.

Mike
Old 09-11-2003, 01:53 AM
Contributing Member

Mike, PM sent. Just let me know how to pay.

Steve: did you paint your plate already or is it still naked?
Old 09-11-2003, 04:40 AM
Contributing Member

Unpainted, the welder is going to use it as a guide for the remaining 12. Make exact copies. The RS Type II is back on again.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:21 AM
Contributing Member

Also we designed it to allow for a 1" diff drop and still be up as high as possible.

I'll work on the middle support blocks once the 12 are done. Until then getting these remaining 12 through is my main priority. What will probably happen is that you'll buy the blocks from me and order the Daystar bumpers from Group Buy or anyone who carries Daystar. I'll provide the Daystar part number. I don't want to buy a bunch of poly and get stuck with it. I HIGHLY reccomend the middle blocks, but you don't have to buy them. More support to absorb frontal blows and rearward forces. Toyota used them and so do I.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:32 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by azrain
I'm also holding on to one for the 2004 AZRocks / AZ4RJ.
Unless you or someone else organizes a AZ4RJ, there's not going to be another one. I personally am not interested in taking this on at this point or at any point for that matter. I will be going to the All Pro Jamboree this year as well. So more than likely if they have an AZRocks2004, I'm not going to be there. They want to go back to Florence Junction again. Same old same old. It's Hammer time.

You may want to sell that one as well.

If folks want to come down here and wheel with me/us just let me know and I/we will take you out.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:51 AM
Contributing Member

What will probably happen is that you'll buy the blocks from me and order the Daystar bumpers from Group Buy or anyone who carries Daystar. I'll provide the Daystar part number.
Steve, will the OEM bump stops work in this application? Are they the right height? I have them since I swapped mine out for poly.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:03 AM
Contributing Member

Nope, way too tall. the Daystars are 1/2" tall at the most. Probably less than that.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Contributing Member

All 12 skids have the placement patterns on them and I have called Bill to drop everything off.

1 day early. Another 3 hours into the "volunteer project" again today. I am never doing this again.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:58 PM

Mike you have PM
Old 09-11-2003, 06:59 PM

Hi guys, I'm having a bit of computer difficulties, namely a bug that someone sent me (a family member to boot). I'll be unable to get to my email for some time tonight. I did manage to set up a PayPal account, but I need to fix this bug first.

Hang tight, I'll have it fixed shortly.

Mike
Old 09-11-2003, 08:19 PM

Duh, um, I got lost at the part about using Daystar bumpstops integrated into the skidplate design. Steve, are you putting a bumpstop on the middle support that's in front of the forward-most lower A-arm mount? That support isn't in the pics. I don't understand what you're doing there. So you want to avoid adding another bolt there?

I'm asking this because I still intend to add a middle support to my custom skids where the stock skidplate extended up, and also where Schaefer added the extra support to the Rockstomper. Steve, didn't you just bolt that against the skidplate, or add a bumper there for support? Or maybe I'm way off.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:56 PM

Man, I wish I had the money right now. Is the design still going to be posted if we want to make them ourselves, or was that something else?

Chris
Old 09-12-2003, 04:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ravencr
Man, I wish I had the money right now. Is the design still going to be posted if we want to make them ourselves, or was that something else?

Chris
Even if he posts the design, these are so ridiculously expensive to make, more than likely you won't pull it off.

If you miss these buy one from Trail Carnage.

Quick Reply: Final (?) post, 3rd Gen. skids finished, pic intensive long post