Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which is the best SAS kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which is the best SAS kit?

I was wondering which kit is the best marlin, sky or all pro? Im looking into getting one, thanks
Old 07-16-2006, 05:52 AM
Contributing Member

I think it would depend on your year of vehicle.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:40 AM

I like my trail-gear kit.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:15 PM

They are all very similiar, and nearly identical and work fine. I like my All Pro setup, and have seen several other Marlin SAS kits and they look great as well. I would choose Marlin or All Pro, cant go wrong with either.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:11 AM

Not a fan of Sky's front cross-member, personally. I like Marlin's because he's Marlin and will always get my business. I had All-Pro's since it was on the rig when I bought it but I cut off the front hanger and replaced it with FrontRange Off-Roads to lower it a bit (cracked frame necessitated the work).

Personally, I like FRORF's hanger kit best. Then All-Pro's followed by the Marlin/TG design. For full kits, Marlin then AP.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by motocrossfan
I was wondering which kit is the best marlin, sky or all pro? Im looking into getting one, thanks
Like it was stated earlier it would depend on your rig. I have done a lot of looking for kits. you can try this link it was the first one i read and my into to Yotatech.
link

I pretty much decided to use different parts from different manuf.

You can look @
All Pro
Sky manufacturing
Marlin
Trail gear
those where the ones i looked into and cherry picked.

You might find more info searching for SAS swaps.

Robinhood did a good one,4rnr did one, among countles others. Look at what they used/did and go from there.

Good Luck and Welcome to Yotatech
Old 08-02-2006, 08:22 AM

Something to keep in mind is that the Trail-Gear kits included front diff armor, upper axle gusset, knuckle service kit, and wheel bearing kits. Only Trail-Gear included these parts with the kit.

Trail-Gear also offers free ground shipping, that can save you $100-$200 in shipping costs.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:27 AM

Personally I would stick with Marlin or All Pro.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:30 PM

remember, just because a place sends you all kinds of other parts the many places don't, dosen't mean those parts are worth using. i think i would use All Pro, Sky's, or Marlins first.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
its all the same, six, one half dozen, or the other...

get the kit that fits your budget, and go with what works.

Every company has its die hard loyal fans, and that means that the company is doing good by its customers. Some folks have been treated right by a company, and their loyalty stays there. That is exactly how its supposed to work, good customer service will get me coming back to your door every time. People like marlin or all pro because they've been around a while and folks know their service and quality

Trail gears kit is extremely competetively priced, but the free shipping is what would send me that direction. that is pretty key.

The kits are roughly the same. differences are in springs, you can get marlins with either a higher quality USA made spring, for a bit more dough, or a lower quality forign spring for a bit less, and as chris pointed out, his kit comes with a couple extras. Whether or not the spring makes a difference, some say yes, some say no, time will tell.

Choose the kit that fits your budget, and what you want to do with your truck
Old 08-03-2006, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by AxleIke
Whether or not the spring makes a difference, some say yes, some say no, time will tell.
Time has told these usa springs and chinese springs have both been used for a long time! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CALL MARLIN, CHRIS, AND JON. ASK THEM WHAT IS BETTER AND WHY!!!!!!

but if you ask me...MARLIN better springs and thats the important part!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 07:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have installed a Trail Gear front and rear kit. Their stuff is good quality, so I wouldn't worry about that. They are quick to solve issues and good with customer service. As Chris said, their kit comes with stuff the others do not, plus it is a bit cheaper, plus it is free shipping. You can't beat that.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Intrepid
I have installed a Trail Gear front and rear kit. Their stuff is good quality, so I wouldn't worry about that. They are quick to solve issues and good with customer service. As Chris said, their kit comes with stuff the others do not, plus it is a bit cheaper, plus it is free shipping. You can't beat that.

Trai Gear is good product without paying for THE name!
Old 08-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4rnr
Time has told these usa springs and chinese springs have both been used for a long time! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CALL MARLIN, CHRIS, AND JON. ASK THEM WHAT IS BETTER AND WHY!!!!!!

but if you ask me...MARLIN better springs and thats the important part!!!

I know what i think, and i know what chris thinks, and i know now what you think...the issues been hashed, rehashed, and beaten to death for so long it makes my head spin. Calling them is pointless, they aren't going to tell me that i should go shop at someone elses shop.

Honestly i think none of them has the best springs, but thats just me. For a kit, the USA's are pretty good. For the price, TG is pretty good.

Really the point is that these kits are roughly the same. There are differnces, but minor ones. In the end, price, reputation, and the little perks between kits are going to be personal choices that one has to make for ones self. Whichever one you go with you will get good quality.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by AxleIke
I know what i think, and i know what chris thinks, and i know now what you think...the issues been hashed, rehashed, and beaten to death for so long it makes my head spin. Calling them is pointless, they aren't going to tell me that i should go shop at someone elses shop.

Honestly i think none of them has the best springs, but thats just me. For a kit, the USA's are pretty good. For the price, TG is pretty good.

Really the point is that these kits are roughly the same. There are differnces, but minor ones. In the end, price, reputation, and the little perks between kits are going to be personal choices that one has to make for ones self. Whichever one you go with you will get good quality.
and I know now what you think

Talking to the dealer doesnt matter? Of course the dealer will blow some smoke. SOME people can see through it and determine what kind of people they really are.

Last edited by 4rnr; 08-07-2006 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member

I'm not dissagreeing with you. I too like the marlin kit best. I'm trying to offer the facts and not my opinion. Chris has chimed in on mulitple boards and has talked about the testing they do on the springs. I know alot of folks like the USA springs. I give my business to marlin becasue they have done more than right by me, sending me another part free of charge when i broke it during a crawler instal. I'll never shop elsewhere. That being said, for other folks, i don't think there is much of a difference between the kits. You seem to be saying the same thing, and that you recomend marlin because of the service. So get off my case.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:26 AM

service, and I like their springs.

BTW Im not on your case

Sorry I just wanted to use the dancing deodorant bc im not sure when I would ever get a chance to that would make sense.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Contributing Member

thanks, and sorry for the confusion, my earlier posts weren't very clear.

is that what that thing is? I always thought it was a raffel ticket or something. It finally makes sense
Old 08-08-2006, 07:13 AM

haha the dancing deodorant. i dont think that thing will ever make sense to post...but funny anyways.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nobody got the "BAN" reference huh?

Quick Reply: Which is the best SAS kit?