99+ Tundra, 00+ Sequoia, 98+ Land Cruiser/LX470 Late model full size trucks and SUVs

Tundra Plant News

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by josephah2000
Hey I'm part of the "Latino" population and my wife and I only have 2 kids!!! And no tinted windows with stickers. You are generalizing too much. That's like me saying that near my house there is a huge population of fat "white" hillbilly people that live in a trailer park....represent the "white" population. Duh they don't!

Oh by the way, I used to own a 1988 Toyota 4wd p/u. It had 253,000 original miles when I sold it in 1998 for a 1998 Tacoma 4wd, trd. Great truck!

But being in San Antonio and now with the Toyota plant halting production it is really a sign of the times and show how dependent industries are on the price of gas. I remember in an economics class the prof stated that the price of gas is inelastic, meaning you'l' buy it no matter the cost and the demand will be unchanged, and I can agree with that but what the books didn't say is that everything else can be affected!!!
With all respect my friend, the exception only proves the rule. The stats are out there, and what Ozzies says is 100% correct. Latino birthrates outpace all other ethnicities. Quick search on google brings up many sites and much info related. Since we're trying to stay on topic, i won't post them up and clutter up the thread.

IMHO, the toyota "Middle Ground" SUV's and trucks are dying. The tundra and sequoia are good examples of this. The Tundra, while larger now, is still not capable of heavy loads while performing with great power. They don't have a diesel option for godsake!
Old 07-19-2008, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are right and no harm done. But it is off topic with this specific discussion. Ozzie also mentioned his/her white friends have 12 kids. One couple doesn't represent the whole? Therefore, this specific Calif. Latinos group being referred to do not represent all Latinos whether in Calif. or anywhere else. Can you agree with that? Again, we don't all concentrate on making many babies, tinting our windows, etching our names on those windows, ..... Kind of sounds like an ignorant remark. And yes I've seen stats that minority populations are growing faster than the majority "white - all in one group" population and in the future the status will change.

Besides what does the Latino population have to do with Tundra's and Sequoia's??? It shouldn't even be in the discussion.

It's always good to hear a different perspective.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Many parts in Toyotas are assembled in Mexico....lawl
Old 09-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just saw this thread. Tundra/Sequoia production was idled for a few months and centralized in TX (formerly split with IN). Same with the AL V-8 plant.

However, nobody was laid off. Instead, associates were given other work until the plants resume production.

I posted what the future holds for Toyota here:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f5/t...d-days-155592/

Toyota has weathered far tougher times than this and came out stronger for it. This time they're even better prepared than the early-mid '80's with worldwide production and the third generation of hybrids rolling out soon.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BT17R
Just saw this thread. Tundra/Sequoia production was idled for a few months and centralized in TX (formerly split with IN). Same with the AL V-8 plant.

However, nobody was laid off. Instead, associates were given other work until the plants resume production.

I posted what the future holds for Toyota here:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f5/t...d-days-155592/

Toyota has weathered far tougher times than this and came out stronger for it. This time they're even better prepared than the early-mid '80's with worldwide production and the third generation of hybrids rolling out soon.
Exactly, I think this will be a good thing for Toyota.

There aren't many manufacturers that have the resources and know-how that Toyota does.

With Toyota being the pioneer of Hybrid technology - I predict that in the next few years Toyota will do nothing but prove why they are the #1 automobile manufacturer in the world.

Fink
Old 09-29-2008, 07:29 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
You 2 make great points, if you have seen the thread with the new rock warrior edition, they're probably trying to up sales, well thats what they always try to do.
But we will see with this one
Old 09-29-2008, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm am half hispanic and half "white". I am my fathers only child who is hispanic, his mother who is in her eighties had 8 children, all of whom have 3 or less children. On the other hand my white aunt has 5 children and has 8 grandchildren between three of here kids. Anyway the point is statistics are representative of no real part of groups, it's a made up generalization. And are we forgetting Hispanics are a minority?

Oh and the world is above 6.25 billion, if anyone is to blame, it's the Chinese.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:37 PM

No matter how bad the economy gets, or how much Toyota cuts production, at least we wont be driving Jeeps!