Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Texas Off-Road'n

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Designsbyme
....You should get out more. What a drab town.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/new-engine-yes-no-27779/
Tsk..tsk...tsk...Ya ought to take some reading lessons. Towns are about people...My post was about the desert and the BLM land...

El Paso has been good to us...Lots of good people. Sure, we have our downsides, but what town/city doesn't?

It sounds like you cruised the boulevards while you were here...You'll never see the country from asphalt. Come on down...that's my spring break and I'm overdue for a hike or a road trip. You can PM me when it gets closer.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gwhayduke
If y'all come out to El Paso, I'll show you some awful pretty desert...of course, you'd have to promise you wouldn't tear any new scars into it. We've got mountains, desert, volcanoes (cinder & spatter cones), lava flows, mines, dinosaur footprints, pre-dinosaur footprints, and it's all on BLM land. The mines have quartz, fluorite, barite, garnet, turquoise, magnetite, calcite, calcopyrite, pyrite and a lot more that I can't think of right now. At night you can drown in the starlight.

And all that is the reason I can't live anywhere east of El Paso.
ok. I'm up for this trip. I get every other friday off so I think I could make a 3 day weekend, friday drive, saturday wheel the desert, sunday drive back home. so I'll let you know when I may be able to make it out. I am in the middle of maybe starting a new job with a new company so I need to wait to see if I get an offer first.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:56 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by keisur
ok. I'm up for this trip. I get every other friday off so I think I could make a 3 day weekend, friday drive, saturday wheel the desert, sunday drive back home. so I'll let you know when I may be able to make it out. I am in the middle of maybe starting a new job with a new company so I need to wait to see if I get an offer first.
Spring break starts for me this Saturday, so this weekend or next would be good. Bring some camping gear if you want to get out and stay out. Nights are in the 20's-30's, days have been from 40's to 70's. And bring plenty of water for you and your 4Runner. Also let me know which you'd rather see...volcanoes, dino & permian tracks or old mines. Kinda hard to do all 3 in one day.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hannerhan
TRunner - where exactly in the Big Bend? The park? If so, there are a lot of good rocky roads. Big Bend Ranch State Park is a ton of land as well, and I think there would be good places to get off-road there.
What you mean where exactly? I'm going to cover as much terartory as possible! We are going to be camping at the river spot in the National Park. I plan on hitting all the good mapped trails. I only have three days to check things out but we should be able to cover some land in that time. Have you been to the State Park? I didn't even know it was there until now. :pat:

Last edited by TRunner; 03-09-2004 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by keisur
hey dude, email me I'll give you my cell phone number and you can come over to my neighborhood and wheel a little. check out my website for a video of the stuff I do every other day or so.
Where are you at? I'm in Clear Lake, but my sister lives near the Woodlands and she has a decked out Heep with a 4" lift and 33's. I have been wanting to get her off road as well.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by TRunner
Where are you at? I'm in Clear Lake, but my sister lives near the Woodlands and she has a decked out Heep with a 4" lift and 33's. I have been wanting to get her off road as well.
around barker cypress and clay road. northwest houston i guess.

about the San Antonio trip. I can't do it until at the earliest next month. I'll try to take a vacation day so maybe I can drive 1 day, stay 2 days, and drive 1 day back. I want to see all that stuff. if 2 days can't cut it, then I'll just take 2 days vacation and combine it with one of my alternating fridays off.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:27 AM

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/bigbend/

There's the link to the State Park. I haven't been there myself. I think the National Park will have more opportunities from the looks of it, but this is another option if you have time...
Old 03-10-2004, 08:06 AM

Rocksliders

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
Well Hell...
I'm up for it.

I am planning on being in the area next weekend to get my rocksliders welded on.
...I am still with stock suspension so I will not be able to get all wild... But, I need to christen my rig
my wife is due with our baby in about a month so that might be bad timing..but I sure want to go wheel'n with some other people.
Where are you getting your rocksliders welded?

mochoajr
Old 03-10-2004, 08:09 AM

I am in for some 4 wheeling also!

mochoajr
Old 03-10-2004, 08:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hannerhan
There's the link to the State Park. I haven't been there myself. I think the National Park will have more opportunities from the looks of it, but this is another option if you have time...
I think we may make a day run over there to see the river road but for the most part I think we will be at the State Park. It is a lot more gorund to cover.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by mochoajr
Where are you getting your rocksliders welded?

mochoajr
I got them welded in Dallas this past weekend...
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/pics-my-rig-w-new-sliders-dallas-area-people-please-look-28271/

If you need anything welded I suggest this guy...He rocks
Old 03-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Designsbyme
If you're ever in the Dallas Fort Worth area you'll have to let me know. There are tons of places. Ok, not tons, but at least 3 very good ones.

But if you do you have to give me at least a month. I'm still working on my engine.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27779

Designsbyme..
how is your rig doing??? What have you decided to do?