Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Some recent pics and my new house

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some recent pics and my new house

Here's a couple pics of my Runner with the Yak rack on in front of my new house. I'm just renting this place till spring then I'm going to buy something..kinda scary being 23 and buying a 100k house.. anyways check out the pics.....

Old 11-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice pics! yours looks a lot like mine besides the different bumper, rims and roof rack, along with no tint and fender flares. but its cool, i like it! gl buying a house. ~kYlE
Old 11-09-2003, 11:21 PM

I like your runner, every gen runner has that very rugged look, those roof racks add to the look of your rig. Your new rental house looks sharp also. You sound like a responsible guy to want to own a house at such a young age. I see you live in spokan Washington, I imagine that to be a very out doorsy place to live. Would I need to have "Vision Quest" to live there?
Old 11-10-2003, 12:47 AM

Nice place

Hey i just wanted to say whats up because i live in spokane and own a yellow 87 runner you might have seen it around, were is your new house located i dont really recognize the area. I have lived in spokane for 18 years. I like the runner and the roof rack makes it tough.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member

Way cool there Joey
Will the runner fit in the garage?

I know what you mean about being young and forking out that kind of money.
I purchased my first house when i was 22 for $50,000.
I'm on my 3rd house and its gonna run about $400,000
But then i can fit (6) 4runners in my new garage

So when is the house warming party?
Old 11-10-2003, 06:36 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Toddski
Way cool there Joey
Will the runner fit in the garage?

I was thinking the same thing. That garage looks low!
Old 11-10-2003, 07:15 AM

Nice house Joey!! I'm glad that you and the Runner are back State-side. I know our Toyota friends in the UK will miss you but they'll need to understand that you are living the American Dream.....part of which is owning a home!!!

David
Old 11-10-2003, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

so are you dont with being in the armed forces now? or do you just have a leave or what? glad to see you and your yota made it back!
Old 11-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome back, Joey. Nice to be back in Spokane? BRRR

Thanks for serving for us, we appreciate it even though you don't hear it often enough. You going to be at Fairchild for a while now?

Nice house too, I'll bet you're glad to be back with your Yota again. Probably time to start on more mods again or are there any you haven't done???

Good luck,

Mick
Old 11-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Contributing Member

You're truck is looking sweet. Congrats on the house purchase also. I just bought my first house back in August. Check it out...

Matt
Old 11-10-2003, 05:08 PM

Man this is starting to look like the House and Garden section. Two very good looking houses. The up side to buying a home in Bama is the reasonable price of realestate. $300k will buy you a very big and plush property. $150k will net you a wonderful investment. Congrats to both you first time buyers. I have some gypsy blood in me and I'm starting to think more about a move to Seattle. I wonder if the Seattle property market is very over priced like northern New Jersey, or would $350k buy me a large luxury home in Seattle?
Old 11-10-2003, 05:14 PM

Welcome back and congratulations on the purchase of your house! We are all thanksful and proud that you served our country.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Contributing Member

Hey guys thanks for the compliments. My Runner does fit throught he garage with about 3" to spare. Thinking it's not going to fit this spring when I finish my lift and put 33's under it but like I said I plan to be out of that house by April or so. I didn't buy this one like some of you though. I want to live in the area for a little while first and get a feel of what's out there. I only had 10 days off work to find a house and that's not nearly enough if I was buying. Once again thanks for the comments about serving. We all need to think about those who have served especially tomorrow on Vetrans day.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member

Seattle real estate prices aren't cheap. I don't know about the outlying areas where you'll get more house for your money, but $300K is about the average house price within the Seattle city limits (where I live) and that definitely isn't a luxury house. I suspect Todd would be paying a bit more for his house if he wasn't doing a lot of work himself unless he figures thats what it will be worth when he's done and its costing less.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by alanh
Seattle real estate prices aren't cheap. I don't know about the outlying areas where you'll get more house for your money, but $300K is about the average house price within the Seattle city limits (where I live) and that definitely isn't a luxury house. I suspect Todd would be paying a bit more for his house if he wasn't doing a lot of work himself unless he figures thats what it will be worth when he's done and its costing less.

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member

I suspect Todd would be paying a bit more for his house if he wasn't doing a lot of work himself unless he figures thats what it will be worth when he's done and its costing less.

Thats the main reason why i am building my house myself. The two houses across the street from me are for sale right now for $450,000. The two houses are 15 years old.
We looked around for a house and to buy a 2,000 sq. ft. home that is less than 5 years old is running around $230,000.
My house is approx 3,500 sq ft with a 1,300 sq ft garage on 1 acre. My loan should come in around $200,000 if i play it smart.
Here is a shot of where i am at right now.

Matt...
I still like your house. If we didn't go with a 2 story i would have built the house you have. I really like the look of the ramblers with the tall roof lines.

Joey...
What is the house market in Spokane like?
I used to live over there when i was 6. My parents still like it over there. I tried to get on with the Boeing plant over there but they were bought out by a company and cut everyones pay in half
:cry:
I do remember having 4 seasons and building big snow forts. Those were the days
Old 11-11-2003, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member

Nice rig. Don't let the mortgage debt scare you ... that's what makes America great! By the time you start having kids and you're on your second or third home, you'll be so used to it that you won't bat an eye ...

Nice house ... but what's that white crap all over the yard?
Old 11-11-2003, 06:45 AM

looks very nice joey , it is an improvment on the place you had over here, i bet you cant get used to having soo much room!

looks like a nice area too.

i am just about to move as well and will send you some pics when we are in.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by Toddski

I do remember having 4 seasons and building big snow forts. Those were the days [/B]

Seattle does not have four seasons? No snow? That would be a major plus if thats the case.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Contributing Member

If they do it's a fluke. You can drive not too far from town though and get all the snow you can handle. We already had snow in Eastern WA this year as you can see in the pic.. It didn't get above 35 degrees for a week.

Quick Reply: Some recent pics and my new house