Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Replace Front Bumper and Body Shop Suggestions (Maryland area)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replace Front Bumper and Body Shop Suggestions (Maryland area)

Ive been lurking for awhile now and gathering good information on my 02 SR5 Sport that I got in July, but now I need some advice...

I was running down the interstate a couple of nights ago, and the car I was following swerved out of the way and leaving me no choice but to hit a piece of debris in the road. Ended up that the debris was a stack of those old square tube metal chairs that had fallen out of the back of someone's truck. I didn't see the truck that dropped the chairs, nor did I think there was that much damage until I got home. It ended up denting the metal part of the bumper pretty good (I'll try to get some pictures up later), looks like my bumper is doing the "Elvis lip" (for lack of a better description). The U-shaped piece (surrounds the license plate) that sits on top of the bumper was pretty busted up too.

I plan this weekend to go and get a couple quotes, but I wanted to see if anyone has had to do this replacement before and what I am looking to be set back. Probably most of the bumper will have to be replaced, and since I have a Sport, they will have to be painted too. Figure some or most of the mounting and other components could be transfered.

Also I live in the Baltimore area and I am looking for suggestions on a body shop or dealership to take it too.

Thanks for the help and awesome website!

Smokey
Old 11-03-2006, 11:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I re-finished my front and rear bumpers on my 99 sport with the colored keyed bumpers as well. Mine were not dented just all chipped and scratched up from the mountains. Instead of having them re-painted again, I opted to have them professionally Line-Xed. The removal and re-installation is very easy and can be done in under an hour. I did this about 1 1/2 years ago and they still look new. Depending on the color of your rig, it may be an option if you like the look. It cost me $60.00 for Line-x to spray them.