Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tire Repair and Maintenance
Print Wikipost

QUICK!! How to remove spare tire??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uhh, I meant "hammer" as in unscrew it by tapping it with a screwdriver/hammer. Thats what had to be done with some older cars to get the spare unscrewed. They had a plate that swiveled off.

Oh nevermind, laugh it up. yuk yuk

Anyone know what that compartment is on the right side of the hatch then? Or where I can download a PDF manual?

Thanks! I got my cigs and am calm and thinking rationally again.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by CZ Eddie
Uhh, I meant "hammer" as in unscrew it by tapping it with a screwdriver/hammer. Thats what had to be done with some older cars to get the spare unscrewed. They had a plate that swiveled off.

Oh nevermind, laugh it up. yuk yuk

Anyone know what that compartment is on the right side of the hatch then? Or where I can download a PDF manual?

Thanks! I got my cigs and am calm and thinking rationally again.

One is for storing jack and spare tools (of which you arrarently are missing), and I believe the other is to access the rear window washer fluid and a bit of storage space. I used to keep a recovery strap in there in my '89. Or was it my '95? Hmmm... ANyway, if you ever get the bottle jack. it should fit snuggly in the compartment by turning the extension ring thingy with your hand to expand the jack.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:23 PM

Im glad you got the tire off. The other way to remove it is that my friend did. He fliped his truck over on its roof speed in a turn. In his own sick sense of humor, he said it was now easier to change his oil and take off his spare cause he could just reach down and do it.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:46 PM

Best way I have found to get spare off is to open back lid, pull back carpeting and get the torch and cut out the section holding tire on. Then a hinge on the cut out section and throw the spare in the back seat. Now you have access to the spare and escape hatch when you roll it off in a creek or river and the spare doubles as a life raft
Old 05-01-2005, 07:55 PM

Hey guys, so I'm retarded and broke my spare jack (overextended it and it got unthreaded). I need to get a new one and was wondering where the cheapest place to pick one up is.
Thanks,
Austin
Old 05-01-2005, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by tacopie
Hey guys, so I'm retarded and broke my spare jack (overextended it and it got unthreaded). I need to get a new one and was wondering where the cheapest place to pick one up is.
Thanks,
Austin
A Japanese auto mfg. Junkyard??
Old 05-01-2005, 08:07 PM

That thought had occured to me, but just thought I'd see if anyone else had any other ideas.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:18 AM
Contributing Member

not ajax

Originally Posted by Blair
Hey Lee,
That building in the background of your avatar looks familiar...is that Ajax?
hey blair!

that is the front of my building, parked on the grass beside the driveway to take some pix after cleaning up the old girl.

lee
Old 05-02-2005, 04:04 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DealMaker
One is for storing jack and spare tools (of which you arrarently are missing), and I believe the other is to access the rear window washer fluid and a bit of storage space. I used to keep a recovery strap in there in my '89. Or was it my '95? Hmmm... ANyway, if you ever get the bottle jack. it should fit snuggly in the compartment by turning the extension ring thingy with your hand to expand the jack.
wow. you're full of useless and inaccurate information...

on what 99 or any other 3rd gen runner have YOU ever put a jack in the rear compartment and filled your washer fluid in the "other rear compartment"???

1. there is only ONE rear compartment in a 3rd gen.

2. the ONE rear compartment that's found in ALL 3rd gens is for a roadside emergency kit that consists of road flares and a small first aid kit. however, NOT ONE 3rd gen that i've ever seen have actually had the roadside kit in the compartment or anywhere else for that matter.

3. the rear washer fluid is pulled from the same resovior as the front. there is no rear resovior for a 3rd gen.

4. the jack for a 3rd gen is just like he found it - under the rear passenger side seat bottom and NOT in the rear compartment.

Last edited by bamachem; 05-02-2005 at 07:11 AM.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by bamachem

on what 99 or any other 3rd gen runner have YOU ever put a jack in the rear compartment and filled your washer fluid in the "other rear compartment"???

I never had a 3rd gen, which I inferred by the model years included in my post. I stand corrected, er, uhh, educated.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry, it's monday and i was being an ass.

didn't mean to come across so bluntly...
Old 05-03-2005, 10:04 AM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Originally Posted by leebee
hey phil!!

that is one of the better responses ive ever heard! kudos to your g/f!!

lee

She then said "Don't you just put the long jack handle in the back and crank it down? Who wouldn't know that?"

She changes her own oil and stuff though. She's pretty cool. I might just keep her...
Old 05-03-2005, 10:10 AM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Originally Posted by bamachem

1. there is only ONE rear compartment in a 3rd gen.

2. the ONE rear compartment that's found in ALL 3rd gens is for a roadside emergency kit that consists of road flares and a small first aid kit. however, NOT ONE 3rd gen that i've ever seen have actually had the roadside kit in the compartment or anywhere else for that matter.

3. the rear washer fluid is pulled from the same resovior as the front. there is no rear resovior for a 3rd gen.

4. the jack for a 3rd gen is just like he found it - under the rear passenger side seat bottom and NOT in the rear compartment.
And on a "first gen" the jack, extension handle for the jack, took kit, AND rear window washer fluid bag are ALL located in the driver side rear storage compt and the pass side compt is handy for hiding things from the wife...err.. empty.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:24 PM

WOW, thank you for Yotatech and this thread. Now, I can take that spare tire out of my garage and put it where it belong. When I bought my runner 3 weeks ago, it didn't come with a manual and the spare was in the rear cargo. I would have never thought of looking under the seat and probably end up ordering new jack kit. Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you...

Kev
Old 05-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by CZ Eddie
Had to stick it in a TINY little OBSCURE hole.
You aren't, by chance, Michael Jackson, are you?
Old 05-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

cheapest place to get a jack

The dirt cheapest place to pick up a jack would be from the back of somebody else's truck!
If he did'nt discharge the flux capacitor the framinjimulator would overload...

hahahahahahaha Personally I don't worry 'bout the thing mine is seized if I need the spare I have to use cutters or a torch
Cheers aviator