Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Ok you guys!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok you guys!

Ok, i know many of you are not into the harder trails, but that certainly does not mean that you guys haven't read alot about products and so forth.. Within the next month goingto be buying a bender, and looking at the JD2 model 3 or 4.. But thats the one that everybody talks about, and is supposed to be a big bang for your buck... Hoping to sneak into doing cages for the rigs I have been building, plus, I have a ton of ideas for mine that will require a good quality bender..
So, lets hear your guys input...
Old 10-19-2002, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JD2

I was eyeing:eek: that one too. It looks like it is a great bang for the buck. I'm not going for one of those until next spring. A plasma cutter is a little higher on my list...

Were you planning to do the hydrallic ram on it, too. What about the tube notching jig?

I've only heard good things about their products, but I haven't heard anything about their competitors - good or bad.

My buddy has been all over me about getting one. He wants me to torch up some crazy full suspension mountain bike frame he designed. He's just going to have to wait.
Old 10-19-2002, 02:30 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Sounds good to me Mike.
Have you thought about making a replacment rear bumper for the 2nd gen 4Runners?

There are only a few out there available like the All Pro one, and the one that Badland Bumpers makes out at his shop.

I'm looking at a plate style that will wrap around, and perhaps carry a jerry can or Hi-Lift on it.

Jeff at Badlands may make me one next year if I'm ready to do it then.
But so far no one has an "off the shelf" one made up from jigs that they can mass produce.

I'm sure there are a lot on the forums that would like a square tubed channel one for the rear with a built in hitch, and shackle hangers on it.
Kind of like the one Steve S is working on for his 3rd gen,
http://home.4x4wire.com/sschaefer/te...round3_001.jpg

http://home.4x4wire.com/sschaefer/te...round3_004.jpg

His will have a swing away tire carrier on it too.
Old 10-19-2002, 06:36 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I NEED A GARAGE!!!!

What kind of ideas are you looking for? what kind of bender to get, or what to project to bend?

I got lots of ideas for projects!

Steve
Old 10-21-2002, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by Corey
Sounds good to me Mike.
Have you thought about making a replacment rear bumper for the 2nd gen 4Runners?

There are only a few out there available like the All Pro one, and the one that Badland Bumpers makes out at his shop.

I'm looking at a plate style that will wrap around, and perhaps carry a jerry can or Hi-Lift on it.

Jeff at Badlands may make me one next year if I'm ready to do it then.
But so far no one has an "off the shelf" one made up from jigs that they can mass produce.

I'm sure there are a lot on the forums that would like a square tubed channel one for the rear with a built in hitch, and shackle hangers on it.
Kind of like the one Steve S is working on for his 3rd gen,
http://home.4x4wire.com/sschaefer/te...round3_001.jpg

http://home.4x4wire.com/sschaefer/te...round3_004.jpg

His will have a swing away tire carrier on it too.

I have seen a few versions of that setup, but have not had the chance to dig into one.... One downfall of mass production, you gotta have the room to store that stuff, granted, I have a large shop, but the room is slowly going with new tooling (the tool just get bigger and bigger, go figure).

Someday I am sure i will get to bust one out....
Old 10-21-2002, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by Robinhood150
I NEED A GARAGE!!!!

What kind of ideas are you looking for? what kind of bender to get, or what to project to bend?

I got lots of ideas for projects!

Steve
Don't worry, been workin around fools with tube buggy's, me gots lots of ideas...
Old 10-21-2002, 11:31 AM

Well, the choice is between the model 3 and model 4, either way its going to cost about 2k, but thats an investment and should be able to make it back pretty quickly