Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Keyless entry quit working and rear window wont work with key...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless entry quit working and rear window wont work with key...

So I am a newb to Yotatech and searched on this issue and have found some useful information, but I am still not quite sure of the diagnosis.
I bought my 2000 4runner limited 4wd a month ago and love every bit of it. I bought it with the fog lights not working and same for the rear wiper. The keyless entry remotes worked great for about 3 weeks, but last week both remotes quit working on the same day... I also turned the key in the lift gate to see if the rear window was working.. this also does not work. It works from the inside with the dash button though.
So i replaced the batteries on both fobs and still no luck. I still have no idea what to try with the window.. I took it back to the dealer i bought it from and they charged me $50 to say sorry we don't know what the problem is.. So if anyone can give me a diagnosis it would be much appreciated!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by dpetri12
So I am a newb to Yotatech and searched on this issue and have found some useful information, but I am still not quite sure of the diagnosis.
I bought my 2000 4runner limited 4wd a month ago and love every bit of it. I bought it with the fog lights not working and same for the rear wiper. The keyless entry remotes worked great for about 3 weeks, but last week both remotes quit working on the same day... I also turned the key in the lift gate to see if the rear window was working.. this also does not work. It works from the inside with the dash button though.
So i replaced the batteries on both fobs and still no luck. I still have no idea what to try with the window.. I took it back to the dealer i bought it from and they charged me $50 to say sorry we don't know what the problem is.. So if anyone can give me a diagnosis it would be much appreciated!

the rear wiper not working is sometimes a sign that the rear window is not up all the way, i guess a "safety" feature soy ou cant accidentally turn it on with the window down. make sure the window is seated all the way in the up position.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:46 AM

Yeah I checked that even before I bought it when i was reading up on the 4runner.. It still doesnt work when the window is seated all the way up. thanks though