Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Floor Mats

My original factory floor mats are in serious need of replacement. The original owner wore a hole through the driver's mat and they are all dirty. That along with cigarette burns (not me, I have never even touched a cigarette in my life...I am proud of that), makes me want to replace them. I want some carpet ones that look factory. I want them to match the interior color. Do I have to get more factory ones or is there another place, thing that I can get? I don't really want the husky ones because I don't really get into mud, etc. I would like the Catch-Alls, but they don't make them for my year. Does anyone know where I can get stock looking mats at a cheaper price for other than the stock ones? Thanks! :fireman:
Old 08-08-2002, 08:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Btown:

I see them on eBay all the time. Though mostly 3rd gen mats.

I believe Catchall mats (Jason B has em) is a good, but more costly alternative.

I myself have Husky Liners. I can't imagine not having them as they have saved my carpet many of times from sodas and fish gut juice from a fishing trip!

Bob
Old 08-08-2002, 09:16 AM
Contributing Member

I recently put Husky Liners in mine. I can't imagine going back. Especially when it rains, which, unfortunately has been very sparse here lately in Colorado.
I look forward to this winter when my floor mats will no longer absorb the slush.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:32 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
We out number you Ryan
Go Husky my young man.

I just spent the past few yours washing my rig as it was filthy from last Saturdays adventure in the mountains.
I just take out the floor mats and wash them, then air dry.

Like the other said, I can't imagine not having these.
Plus, in between pulling them out for a wash, you can just use a rag and spray and clean them in the rig.

Mine had red clay all over them from walking in it last weekend.
That might be kind of hard to get out of a carpet type mat?

As you can tell, I dig mine.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:29 AM

Talking mats

Hey wassup--

Although you said you don't do any offroading and wanted carpeted mats, why not take a look at these....

Car mats

They're factory all-weather mats... Very functional, and they maintain that stock look. (It must at least rain where you are .

I have them I think they're great, they have grooves that catch particles and water. I hate when you have a little dirt on the bottom of your sole and it rubs into your carpet, it's like there forever.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:07 PM

I replaced my stock floormats recently w/ stock floormats.....I had planned on going huskyliners ( and still do) but I am going to save the Huskys fort he winter......My stock floormats cost $45 for front and rears....I got them at a dealer in WA ST.....They do have a website.....I'll try to look them up for you....
Old 08-08-2002, 05:49 PM
Contributing Member

Auto Custom Carpets is where I am looking at getting replacement carpet for the truck I'm getting cause it has coffee stains all over the floor from spilage. I don't know their service but one of the mags, I think street truck or sport truck or something I can't remember, was doing a buildup of a toy truck and when they were replacing the interior they bought carpet from them.. I know they make floormats too.
Old 08-08-2002, 06:42 PM

Thanks guys, I will have to see what I can come up with! I really like the carpet look, but you all have Husky liners, so I might have to check them out. Like I said, I really like the catch-alls, but they don't make them for 2nd gen. Also, the link you gave me 4Fonz, was for 3rd gens, I have a 2nd, thanks though! I saw some in PP, but they are really expensive. I will have to shop around, but at least I have some idea of what to look for. Thanks! :fireman:
Old 08-08-2002, 07:12 PM
Contributing Member

I vote also for huskies. PP is more expensive than most. I can get you 15% off if you order both front and back, but you should shop around first.
Old 08-09-2002, 08:53 AM

Hey no prob--

Yah that link was for partznet, I'd not buy from PP stuff like that..much cheaper elsewhere..

And I like those all-weather mats over the huskies 'cause it says "4Runner" on 'em! ..Otherwise, I forget what I'm driving

(Though I do have the husky rear cargo liner which saved my *ss when a large potted plant tipped over while I was moving..hehe..)
Old 08-09-2002, 01:58 PM

yea i was lookin at the husky set and most places sell the front and back for 69.99 each..so like 140 for front and back..but i rememer i saw it somewhere for like 120 for the whole set...any of you guys know of a good place to get them?? thanks
Old 08-09-2002, 02:16 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Cabela's.

That is where I bought my front ones back in early '99.
They are about the cheapest place to get them from.
Corey
Old 08-09-2002, 05:10 PM

I will have to see what I can find. I may end up getting the Husky liners, but we'll see. Thanks again everyone! :fireman:
Old 08-10-2002, 09:57 PM
Contributing Member

My dad has the catch all's in his truck and they are pretty nice carpeted mats. I was looking to get them when I get the truck and get some cheap rubber ones at walmart to put over the catch alls during the winter.
Old 08-11-2002, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by Krash
My dad has the catch all's in his truck and they are pretty nice carpeted mats. I was looking to get them when I get the truck and get some cheap rubber ones at walmart to put over the catch alls during the winter.
I don't think that they make them for your year truck. I am sure that they do not make them for mine? Or do you know differently? :fireman:
Old 08-11-2002, 02:33 PM
Contributing Member

I love my huskies, I got them from cabela's and even with shipping to Hawaii it was pretty cheap!
Old 08-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Contributing Member

hmm.. didn't put much thought into the fact that they may not be avaliable... I'm going off and gonna do a search on it later on this morning and see if i can find some...

Update:
Sorry Btown I spoke before I read carefully the otherposts in this thread. I also did a search for the past half hour looking for them and couldn't find any... If it is out there on the net I can 95% of the time find it so... sorry if I got your hopes up I really wanted them for the truck too and they don't make them for the truck either.

Last edited by Krash; 08-11-2002 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:41 AM

Originally posted by Krash
Update:
Sorry Btown I spoke before I read carefully the otherposts in this thread. I also did a search for the past half hour looking for them and couldn't find any... If it is out there on the net I can 95% of the time find it so... sorry if I got your hopes up I really wanted them for the truck too and they don't make them for the truck either.
Hey, no prob buddy. I thought that they didn't make them, but you said that and I was like cool. But yeah, no prob. Thanks for looking though.

To anyone, do you or anyone have a picture of the husky liners? I want to see what they look like, maybe even in a second gen. Thank you! :fireman:
Old 08-12-2002, 07:22 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Ryan, look on my website. I have plenty of pics of the Husky's scattered over 4 pages of mods.
Once on my page, click on the mods.
Corey
Old 08-12-2002, 09:03 AM

Replacement Floor Mats

I know this belongs in the "For Sale" forum, but I have a brand new set of oak all-weather factory mats (4) i was about to list on ebay. Email me if interested $40 plus shipping.

Quick Reply: Floor Mats