Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fitch Fuel Catalyst?

http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/pro...uto/index.html
What do you think?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm weary of this stuff, but I really don't know. I seen this on TRUCKS yesterday.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:53 AM

Location: Far western Kentucky (transplanted from central PA)
What do I think? I think "gimmick". It sounds like it introduces a fuel system cleaner, stabilizer and octane boost into the system. Any claims for fuel efficiency gains by ANY gadget have been bunk, IMO, or the auto manufacturers would be using them to improve their fleet MPG ratings.

Run a decent brand of fuel and use a good fuel system cleaner every so often instead. I found through experimentation on my old 3.0 liter V6 that 89 octane helped a bit with ping and "seat-of-the-pants" performance but haven't noticed anything worth talking about with my 3.4L.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$250 huh? Yeah, go for it... Lesse, they claim 5% mileage increase, so 16 * .05 = 0.6mpg. 16 gallon tank, so an extra 12 miles per tank.

Buy it. definitely buy it. When you get it, let us know how it works....

Why do people continually ask about this stuff? It's easy enough to do the math to figure on when the magical break-even point will be... if ever.

There are HUNDREDS of posts on this forum ALONE talking about what a scam all this stuff is.

I just don't get it.

Last edited by midiwall; 06-19-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:40 AM

Location: Far western Kentucky (transplanted from central PA)
Originally Posted by midiwall
...There are HUNDREDS of posts on this forum ALONE talking about what a scam all this stuff is.

I just don't get it.
I suppose we hold on to the hope that one of these "products" might actually do what they say... Wouldn't THAT be something?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:07 PM

Guys I hate to beat a 1.5 yr old dead thread-and this link does not offer an application for the 3.4V6 anyways... but there are skeptics everywhere -I am one of the biggest, but IMHO it always strikes a little more interest when gas prices rise and the prices of these gadgets gets even more affordable. There are some well respected publications that give at worst some grudging respect to this Fitch thing. I am not yet ready to say it is a scam or useless-and certainly at a lower price point the break even is significantly reduced.Not advocating it, I have not tried it and have no personal knowledge, I did see it covered on TV, and the inventor is not a scam artist but just a tinkerer like somewhat a few of us. The results are not dramatic, but there does seem to be some respect for MPG improvement. The actual product is what seems to me to be a inline filter along the fuel line. I welcome your thoughts, there may be a FJ owner that already has one of these for all I know....

http://www.levineautoparts.com/toyota1.html
Old 02-26-2008, 09:40 AM

bunk !
Old 02-26-2008, 10:13 AM

I say go for it, let us know.

I've seen these too, but always am able to find other places to spend money.

Originally Posted by Ron Helmuth
Guys I hate to beat a 1.5 yr old dead thread-and this link does not offer an application for the 3.4V6 anyways... but there are skeptics everywhere -I am one of the biggest, but IMHO it always strikes a little more interest when gas prices rise and the prices of these gadgets gets even more affordable.

There are some well respected publications that give at worst some grudging respect to this Fitch thing. I am not yet ready to say it is a scam or useless-and certainly at a lower price point the break even is significantly reduced.Not advocating it, I have not tried it and have no personal knowledge, I did see it covered on TV, and the inventor is not a scam artist but just a tinkerer like somewhat a few of us.

The results are not dramatic, but there does seem to be some respect for MPG improvement. The actual product is what seems to me to be a inline filter along the fuel line. I welcome your thoughts, there may be a FJ owner that already has one of these for all I know....

http://www.levineautoparts.com/toyota1.html
^^ Dude, not to be a jerk, but use the Enter key once and a while, it'll separate you thoughts, and make it more readable. That was just random "entering" and it is much easier to read

I find myself going to threads, and if I see a post like yours, I usually wont even read it because it's a pain on the eyes.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:50 AM

here, just give this a read.

the basic story is: your car and the gas you are sticking in it
are already as efficient they are going to be without strapping
real hardware on it like a blower or turbo, aerodynamics, or high compression
pistons and new ignition computer. in other words thousands of dollars of real mods, not some fuel tank pill

http://www.fuelsaving.info/index.htm
Old 02-27-2008, 10:02 AM

thanks that is a good link

thanks Edzo that is a good link for a read.

and thanks b.miller 123 for constructive posting protocol. Yes, I ramble.

I don't see Fitch claiming 10-15% improvement for example, so at least they do not fit the author's criteria. I will accept that I have not seen enough evidence-for instance the A-B-A test he recommends.

It's not something I would try, or recommend to others, but with as much driving as some of us on this forum are doing, even a 3-5% improvement could only help. As stated, there is no fitment for the Runners anyways.

Appreciate the discussion. Thanks all of you.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by edzo
here, just give this a read.

the basic story is: your car and the gas you are sticking in it
are already as efficient they are going to be without strapping
real hardware on it like a blower or turbo, aerodynamics, or high compression
pistons and new ignition computer. in other words thousands of dollars of real mods, not some fuel tank pill

http://www.fuelsaving.info/index.htm
^^ thanks for the link, I'm not able to read through all of it right now (just finishing some computer science homework, and it's already 1AM! ) but I've got it bookmarked for later

It seems like pretty good info, maybe it should be a sticky

Originally Posted by Ron Helmuth
thanks Edzo that is a good link for a read.

and thanks b.miller 123 for constructive posting protocol. Yes, I ramble.

I don't see Fitch claiming 10-15% improvement for example, so at least they do not fit the author's criteria. I will accept that I have not seen enough evidence-for instance the A-B-A test he recommends.

It's not something I would try, or recommend to others, but with as much driving as some of us on this forum are doing, even a 3-5% improvement could only help. As stated, there is no fitment for the Runners anyways.

Appreciate the discussion. Thanks all of you.
^^^ Hey, everybody rambles, my suggestion just makes it easier for people to read our ramblings

I agree that even anything as small as 3-5% is better than nothing, esp if you drive alot. I would still have to do the math to figure out if it would be worth the $$$, at least in my lifetime.

As much as I hate stupid gizmos and crap, it seems like this is a few steps above the usual crap that gets marketed (like the "turbonator" little things for the intake tube, or the $10 "chip"s that you can get on eBay, which are actually 10c resistors from radio-shack, or magnets that align the fuel molecules for better combustion)
Old 02-28-2008, 12:06 AM

Oh, and one other thought:

I think that if there was a "magic pill" that could easily improve your gas mileage, by a large amount. It would probably be all over the news.

Just like:

If there was really a magic pill that could make every guy's manhood 3-4 inches longer, it would probably be on the front page of every single news paper in the world, not in the back pages of Maxim, FHM or Hustler.

Last edited by b.miller123; 02-28-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:53 AM

I have ran these in my snowmobile and my Harley, and yes ther was a signifacant and noticeable difference in consumption.

I think that if there was a "magic pill" that could easily improve your gas mileage, by a large amount. It would probably be all over the news.

Maybe gas is a profit center for the Govt and they keep the media from blowing it up on purpose. Afterall, we have to keep our dependance on oil. It makes the us economy as strong as it is.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:35 AM

I have ran these in my snowmobile and my Harley, and yes ther was a signifacant and noticeable difference in consumption.
Whatever might have changed your consumption, it's not the Fitch catalyzer. If a simple catalyst could be used to reform hydrocarbons at room temperature or below it would be the news of the decade. Refineries would be using them in their own processes. Instead, they use large amounts of heat to refine their products. There might be some catalytic reaction involved, but it's not without the presence of heat.

I love how the true believers always bring up government conspiracies or corporate ill will when it comes to these magic pills. Sure beats having to explain the chemistry or prove that it works. This is like the magic 100 mpg carburetor that has somehow been suppressed.

I call shenanigans!

MadCityRich
'02 4Runner
Old 02-28-2008, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by MadCityRich
Whatever might have changed your consumption, it's not the Fitch catalyzer. If a simple catalyst could be used to reform hydrocarbons at room temperature or below it would be the news of the decade. Refineries would be using them in their own processes. Instead, they use large amounts of heat to refine their products. There might be some catalytic reaction involved, but it's not without the presence of heat.

I love how the true believers always bring up government conspiracies or corporate ill will when it comes to these magic pills. Sure beats having to explain the chemistry or prove that it works. This is like the magic 100 mpg carburetor that has somehow been suppressed.

I call shenanigans!

MadCityRich
'02 4Runner
^^^ they tested that carb on mythbusters, suprizingly, it didn't work, at all. They did a whole episode on things that supposedly increase mileage, there was even a doo-hickey that was supposed to create hydrogen from water to run the car off of, it didn't work (although they were able to get the car to run off a compressed hydrogen tank, pretty cool, pretty explosive too)

maybe they should do an episode with all of the "mainstream" gadgets that are being marketed to the consumer, not the crap that is peddled on the inter-web
Old 02-28-2008, 11:50 AM

the 100mpg carb is true !

you need a special motor, and you need to get used to accelerating from 0 to 20mph in 15 minutes...then staying at 20mph until empty

also weight has to be under 120lbs and you need an aerodynamic shell with skinny 140psi tires, on a track

impractical
Old 03-02-2008, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by edzo
the 100mpg carb is true !

you need a special motor, and you need to get used to accelerating from 0 to 20mph in 15 minutes...then staying at 20mph until empty

also weight has to be under 120lbs and you need an aerodynamic shell with skinny 140psi tires, on a track

impractical