95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

A few pics from today at Central 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 01:32 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
A few pics from today at Central 4WD

I finally got to meet TS1. We almost met a few years ago at the June Jam of 2000 at Greenwater, but I got sick and had to head home the day he arrived.

We met up at Central 4WD this morning as he was picking up his winch for his ARB.

Snapped a few pics of our rigs there.
The Tacoma bumper looks really sharp on his rig.

We came to the conclusion his rig needs a pair of rock sliderz to complete the look

Also he showed me a cool mod he did to his shackles on the ARB to prevent them from rattling.
He used a rubber washer.
http://www.pnw4runners.net/pics&vids...ackle_ring.jpg

Here are 3 more pics.
http://www.pnw4runners.net/pics&vids...2/DSC00004.jpg

http://www.pnw4runners.net/pics&vids...2/DSC00005.jpg

http://www.pnw4runners.net/pics&vids...2/DSC00006.jpg

While there, I took the opportunity to record his brand new Magnaflow muffler he had installed recently.
There was a lot of background noise though due to the industrial street we were parked by.
Hear it on the exhaust page.
http://www.pnw4runners.net/exhaust/exhaust.htm
Old 11-26-2002, 02:53 PM
ts1
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well here is the bad boy I picked up today. I can't wait to get it on my truck! It was great meeting Corey and finally seeing his rig in person. Next time it will be on a run and not in a parking lot. Thanks Corey for posting the pics and my Magnaflow sound.

Old 11-26-2002, 03:05 PM
Contributing Member

nice looking truck and winch. i cant wait till i have the funds to get an ARB and winch for my rig. good luck on the install
Old 11-26-2002, 03:09 PM

Yeah, very nice pictures fellas! Looking good. Now, what is the difference between your two ARBs. Corey's looks different than TS1's. Are they different models? Thanks. :fireman:
Old 11-26-2002, 03:17 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Ryan, my ARB is for the '86 to '95 trucks & 4Runners, and TS1's is the Tacoma bumper which just happens to fit the 3rd gen quite well.

His also has two built in arial mounts (been reading to many Aussie sites lately) as they call antennas down under.

My CB mount is extra and I had to clamp it on.

I had to force myself out of the store today as I always start drooling when I go in there
Corey
Old 11-26-2002, 04:06 PM
Away

Since you guys were too chicken to show your faces, I'll have to show you mine. And Jay's and TS1's too.

Here we are at TS1's house on Sunday.

From left to right: Jay, TS1, Me

Why do guys always look like dorks when they pose for group pictures? I bent my head down so as not to appear so gargantuan next to those guys.

Oh, and here's me and Jay and Micker at Micker's house when we did my spring install:

See what I mean about the dork thing? You just can't get away from it...

Peace!
Dr. Z
Old 11-26-2002, 11:20 PM
Contributing Member

Well I am glad you guys had a good time at Central 4WD today because I found out today that they hosed me! Over a month ago I ordered what I thought was 4 Bilsteins and my Downey Coils. Well after 2 weeks 2 Bilsteins came and after 2 more weeks nothing else has come so I call them to confirm it ALL was shipped on the same day he says ya why. I said well I only have 2 Bilsteins so far. He assures me that I have EVERYTHING coming. Well after close to a month the Coils arrive, still the other two Bilsteins are gone. I check my bank account and yup I was billed for what I thought was 4 Bilsteins and coils. Well after 5 weeks I called them yesterday to ask what the deal was with my other two Bilsteins. He says you only ordered 2!!!!!:mad: I'm like no I ordered 4!!!Well after going rounds I find out they only ever had 2 coming. So now I want to know why I got charged so much. Well on the initial order he quoted me 30 bucks for shipping and said if it was more he wouldn't charge me it.. cool... so I thought. Turns out I was charged $65 bucks for shipping!!!!:eek: Soooooo now I have 2 Bilsteins and my coils.. I need two more so I ask to order them and he gives me this huge price of like $75 a piece I'm like what PP is selling them for $65 a piece, we argue over this for a while and I finally figure out he's trying to sell me Tacoma front coilover shocks!! We get that figured out and finally settle on $55 a shock and no shipping since they charged m $35 more than they quoted the first time around. Anyways I am not too happy. I had to spend another $110 that I wasn't planning on spending. In the end they kinda fixed the problem by not charging me anymore shipping. The thing that ticks me off is when I first ordered I thought it was VERY clear I wanted all 4 shocks and then the 2nd time I talked to him I made it VERY clear I had recieved 2 shocks and was waiting for 2 more. After all of this the guy never figured it out...BTW I talked to the same dude every time.....oh well misunderstanding I guess... I am not trying to badmouth Central because I know they are a good company but come on guys get it together.....I feel better now that I've vented..

Last edited by UKMyers; 11-26-2002 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:16 AM

Re: A few pics from today at Central 4WD

Originally posted by Corey

Also he showed me a cool mod he did to his shackles on the ARB to prevent them from rattling.
He used a rubber washer.
http://www.pnw4runners.net/pics&vids...ackle_ring.jpg
What a frickin' great idea. I just bought 4 new shackles that happen to need rubber washers! Off I go today at lunch.

Thx Corey & ts1.

Al
Old 11-27-2002, 07:03 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

You might check with TS1 on the rubber thingy.
I'm not exactly sure if it's a washer or not.

I am printing out the picture and taking it to Lowe's with me in a bit.

Joey, sorry to hear about the messup on the tele with Central.
Corey
Old 11-27-2002, 07:09 AM

No worries. I just needed the idea, I'll figure out the exact solution when I head to Home Depot.
Old 11-27-2002, 07:14 AM

Originally posted by UKMyers
Turns out I was charged $65 bucks for shipping!!!!:eek:
UKMeyers - they did ship to you in the UK right? $65 sounds about right as it is way too expensive to ship stuff back to England.

Glad you worked out the other screw up with quantity
Old 11-27-2002, 07:23 AM
Contributing Member

UKMeyers - they did ship to you in the UK right? $65 sounds about right as it is way too expensive to ship stuff back to England.
Heremes my military address is the same as sending something to New York. And even if it was correct I was told straight up $30 bucks no more.. Oh well
Old 11-27-2002, 07:30 AM

Originally posted by UKMyers
Heremes my military address is the same as sending something to New York. And even if it was correct I was told straight up $30 bucks no more.. Oh well
Good point, I'm only used to being raped by the USPS for their top notch efficient service :rolleyes: . Maybe if more money was spent on delivering mail than sponsoring a cycling team and advertising (since they have no competitors).

(/rant)
Old 11-27-2002, 08:17 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Corey
Ryan, my ARB is for the '86 to '95 trucks & 4Runners, and TS1's is the Tacoma bumper which just happens to fit the 3rd gen quite well.
Corey
So I'm assuming we can't get that style for the 95 and older. What about the one with the chrome bar? I believe it's the Sahara or something?
Old 11-27-2002, 09:01 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

A few people have the Sahara bumper, but it was my understanding that it fit poorly like the Prado bar does on the 3rd gens.

The Prado is the Aussie 4x4 rig that ARB did a test on Todd on the forum here several years ago.
ARB of Seattle asked him is he wanted to try the Prado bar on his '97, and they put it on to see if it fit.

It did, but there were gaps.
ARB is now recommending the Tacoma bar only for the 3rd gen 4Runners.

You might call up ARB of Seattle and ask for Tim Lund if he is in today.
He can give you more info if they still recommend the Sahara bar or not.

I think the best choice for a 3rd gen 4Runner is either the Taco bar, or the TJM 15 like Xtreme Mike here sells.

Here is the TJM T15 on Mike's rig:
http://www.xtremeoff-road.com/images...tntrophy02.JPG

http://www.xtremeoff-road.com/images...tntrophy06.JPG

And another shot of the ARB Tacoma bar on Rob's rig.
http://www.watrd.com/images/speckled.jpg

http://www.pnw4runners.net/runs/11_9_02/29.jpg

http://www.pnw4runners.net/runs/11_9_02/30.jpg

Both are nice bumpers.

TJM also makes the bumper without the hoops as model T17.
Personaly I think the hoops give added protection, and I would want them.
Corey
Old 11-27-2002, 09:26 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

Corey,
I'm sorry when I said 95 and older, I ment the 2nd Gen. I'm basically wondering if I could get the Taco bumper to fit a 2nd Gen. I like the Sahara too, but I didn't think it would fit.
Old 11-27-2002, 09:57 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

OK, I looked in your profile for your rig, but did not see it.
Thought you meant the 3rd gens.

The bumper I have is the only design from ARB for our years.

Have you been to Badland Bumpers website?
He is the guy who made my sliderz.

He has quite a few different designs.
www.badlandbumpers.com

I also have some close-ups here.
http://www.pnw4runners.net/badland_b...from_may_2002/
Old 11-27-2002, 12:52 PM
ts1
Contributing Member

Hey UK,

I have had good luck at C4WD before. They have installed my OME stuff along with my ARB bumper. Anyways, they quoted me a price for a winch and said great I will be there to pick it up the next day. When I get there the guy I spoke to was out. The guys there were giving me a run around trying to confirm the price and saying that Warn no longer offered their special. What a bunch of ˟˟˟˟˟. It's not like I was a stranger. They knew I had done a lot of business with them. I had to wait for a long time and Corey can confirm this before they sold me the winch for the price they had promised. They really took all the fun out of it. Those guys need an attitude adjustment. I don't know why businesses shoot themselves in the foot like this. Anyways, I hope this was a one time deal.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:36 PM
Contributing Member

Hey TS I think your right about it probably being a one time deal. That's why I tried to clarify I wasn't badmouthing them but you hit the nail on the head when you said it just takes all the fun outta getting a new mod when you have to do the runaround. I think them guys have two different price lists, one for suckers and one for people who ask questions. Like I called once to get a quote on my coils.. $149.. cool sounds good. I call back a week later to order them and the guy tells me $180. I was like the other guy told me 149. He paused for a second and said oh ya we can do em at that price.. hmmm strange... Oh well like I said I got my new Bils coming and that's all that really matters.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:38 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

TS1, I think the key deal is to just deal with Scott.
Too bad he was out sick the other day.

I have only dealt with Scott buying stuff, and I have always been treated good by him.

I have heard some stranger things about their store up North in Everett.
You will have to ask Shane about that.
Corey

Quick Reply: A few pics from today at Central 4WD