Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

ebay 2.5" lift.....?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vary nice PO2SIMS, My daystars are on there way right now, I to got the 2.5in, man cant wait to get those bad boys. Also Did those come with an installation guide???
Old 03-30-2006, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by PO2SIMS
I have 33x10.50 which is slimmer than most people run, that is why they clear fine.
Since you have the 4 cyl. I'm guessing you have 15" rims. An equivalent size for 16s would be 255x85-16, which is a 33 x10 almost. I have daystars up front, and I like the ride, the cost was only like an extra $30 to toss in springs in the rear instead of a 2.5" spacer, so I did 391s in the rear. It is only about an extra $100 overall for complete set of coils, and IMO definately worth it, if you ever want a winch or brush guard up front. I like what few daystar spacers I have left up front, makes for a better ride IMO than the metal ones.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by RadRunner
vary nice PO2SIMS, My daystars are on there way right now, I to got the 2.5in, man cant wait to get those bad boys. Also Did those come with an installation guide???
Yes they come w/ instructions. If u r a shadetree mechanic u will be fine. U will need spring compressors, I have a set but u can rent them for free at autozone. For some reason people are scared of using spring compressors and are always suggesting taking the struts to a shop to have them done. I don't know why, I've used them like 10 times w/ no problems. When putting the front spring pack w/ the spacers on it will be hard to get the assy in, so unbolt the 4 bolts to the lower ball joint. When putting the rear springs back in use the springcompressors to get the spring in. I highly suggest a front diff drop down spacers, rear panhard drop bracket, and e-brake cable bracket. If u need to know where to get those let me know. And also for the swaybars to work properly u need to extend your stock endlinks like I did, or spend the money for disco that are made for ur amount of lift.

No lift out there gives u everything u need for the 3rd Gen, the closest by far though is Steve S.

Last edited by PO2SIMS; 03-30-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by JHupp
Since you have the 4 cyl. I'm guessing you have 15" rims. An equivalent size for 16s would be 255x85-16, which is a 33 x10 almost. I have daystars up front, and I like the ride, the cost was only like an extra $30 to toss in springs in the rear instead of a 2.5" spacer, so I did 391s in the rear. It is only about an extra $100 overall for complete set of coils, and IMO definately worth it, if you ever want a winch or brush guard up front. I like what few daystar spacers I have left up front, makes for a better ride IMO than the metal ones.
If I every do the Tundra brake swap I will be most likely going with the 255x85-16 which is slightly taller than 33", Otherwise I'm happy w/ the current tires, it makes the truck look stock (I mean how Toyota should have made it). Sometimes I would like to get wide tires for the look, but these are more economical for gas and power. Maybe wheel spacers in the future?
Old 03-30-2006, 07:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
...there's this sweet company called "nitrous enterprises". great customer service too! ask about their return policy!

best person to talk to is billy. no wait...anthony. fudge...what's his real name? errr...oh i give up
Old 03-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
...there's this sweet company called "nitrous enterprises". great customer service too! ask about their return policy!

best person to talk to is billy. no wait...anthony. fudge...what's his real name? errr...oh i give up
I hear they have great computer skills too!
Old 03-30-2006, 07:31 PM

I did a search on nitrous enterprise and got a lot of warnings not to use their products for safety reasons!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Banned

I did a search on nitrous enterprise and got a lot of warnings not to use their products for safety reasons!!!
BINGO!

lol, bob was making a joke
Old 03-31-2006, 04:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys... Steve @ Sonoran Steel is a dealer for Daystar stuff (so am I) and he will sell you the lift at cost if you buy some of his fab stuff.

you should consider getting a diff drop and a panhard drop bracket, then you can get the lift at cost.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:15 AM

Caution Fire: I wouldn't compress the front springs myself. The whole strut/spring assembly comes out as a unit. Take it to a shop with a wall mounted spring compressor. It's MUCH safer as I've heard of home spring compressors slipping off and shooting the spring out. Shops normally charge only about $30 to do it. If you're not replacing your shocks at the same time (which I did and would recommend doing) you're pretty well set.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:30 AM
Contributing Member

thnks for the tip empty!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by emptypockets
Caution Fire: I wouldn't compress the front springs myself. The whole strut/spring assembly comes out as a unit. Take it to a shop with a wall mounted spring compressor. It's MUCH safer as I've heard of home spring compressors slipping off and shooting the spring out. Shops normally charge only about $30 to do it. If you're not replacing your shocks at the same time (which I did and would recommend doing) you're pretty well set.

I don't why people think this??? If u know what u r doing spring compressors are perfectly safe!!! I think some damba$$ hurt himself and has scared everyone.

Also w/ the Daystar 2.5" u need more than just a shop changing springs so they will charge more!! U need to press out the stock 3 stude on top plate and press in the longer ones and the smaller spacer goes in the spring pack. That requires more than just a spring change and a shop will recongnize this and charge u more!!! U can easily use a vise to press the studs in and out, and I like knowing everything is seated right when putting my lift together. If u don't personally know the mechanic I wouldn't trust them, I've seen too many hack jobs at the hands of certified mechanics. Even at 4x4 shops I've seen scary stuff, that is why I only trust myself. If u don't know what u r doing get some info, read up and learn and it will be rewarding knowing that u did everything urself. Just take ur time and triple check everything, trust me this is a easy lift.

I too recomend changinging shocks, but know what u r getting, some of the aftermarket shocks r longer, which is fine and needed in the back, but in the front a longer shock will give u too much droop w/ the 2.5 Daystar lift. For example I have Bilstiens and at full droop on driver side the ball joint hits the spring. Steve S. recommends Tokico Trek Master front shock: GU3535 for the Dystar lift.

Last edited by PO2SIMS; 03-31-2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:16 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5

I wonder if he recovered from his brain surgery. I hear the operation on his scalp didn't even leave a mark. Today's medicine sure is fascinating.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:36 PM

Hey thanks for all the great Info PO2. I say my daystars are about 4 days away from being here. Im no mechanic but i'd rather learn something then to take it to a shop and probabley get charged around $500 to install a lift. Im also now thinking of doing the front diff drop, rear panhard drop bracket, and E brake cable bracket Which i have zero idea on how to do so... But i'll see. Also I took of my running boards yesterday and dammm it looks taller already.

Before

After

When i get my lift on, i'll take a pic of Lift with 265's and lift with 285's.

Thanks alot.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by RadRunner
Im also now thinking of doing the front diff drop, rear panhard drop bracket, and E brake cable bracket Which i have zero idea on how to do so... But i'll see.
For the diff drop, just take the front skid plate off. Place a bottle jack onder the middle of diff place slight pressure on it. Then remove 2 forward diff mounting bolts. Lower the jack until there is enough room to put 1" spacers in. Put in spacers and new bolts making sure washers are gpoing in as before. Tighten bolts goodentight, Done! I usually apply penetrating lock tite after.

For the E-brake cable, just remove 1 bolt holding clamp for cable, mount bracket using stock bolt (loosly for now). Mount holding clamp to top of bracket using new bolt, washer and nut. Position bracket so that cable has good slack and is not hitting anything and tighten both bolts. Done! Just go to Ace, buy a 2" bracket and bolt, nut,washer for a couple bolts. Take the stock bolt in w/ u so u know what size holes the bracket needs.

For the drop down bracket u will need to weld it on, if u can't do that a weld shop should cost like $30 if all prep work is done. U can buy the already made bracket from HERE. I made my one from a hitch reciver tubing and fabricated it and welded it on with new metric hardware from ACE. This will be the only dificult part of the lift w/ the welding and all.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:55 PM

oh and sorry for the crapy quality of that night pic, next time i'll take it in the day. I should also try geting some black flares for the side, but i here there around 200 a pop unless i go to a junk yard or something.

Last edited by RadRunner; 04-02-2006 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Contributing Member

I don't why people think this??? If u know what u r doing spring compressors are perfectly safe!!! I think some damba$$ hurt himself and has scared everyone.

Ditto.
Just make sure you give the compressors a once over before you use them.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:17 AM

i'll see what i can do.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Contributing Member

waiting for your post radrunner! of course the finished one. take lots of pics cause ill be doing mine next! but i dont want to buy new tires yet as i have 8k on these!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 07:19 PM

haha will do bro. Im hoping my kit will be here tomorrow. My father said after i get my lift on, he's gonna buy me a set of 285's. I think going with these beafy Good Years, but ill see. Also thanks again for that info PO2. You are good help.