YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2007, 07:49 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to blacksheep
Driveshaft & T-case Problem

My Taco's front drive shaft spines when in 2wd. After wheeling, put in 2wd drive, fine, get on the road, and its in 4wd again. Anyone else ever have this issue?

I have twin stick + Cralwer.

Also very hard to put twin stick in 4wd at start of trail.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

Last edited by blacksheep; 03-19-2007 at 07:51 AM.
blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:08 AM   #2

You sound more knowledgeable than me, but are your hubs locked? if they're auto, then they hay be sort of jammed into 4wd.
TG Tube Rear Bumper
YotaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
Threadstarter [OP]

Send a message via AIM to blacksheep
Not the hubs nor the Lockrite. I have taking the driveshaft off and tried to spin the flange on the t-case, and it wont move with ease. But if I pound one of the studs, and frees up. Well, it did once, have not tried it again. I aslo know sometimes when I put in park reverse and drive it sometimes free's up, but noticed when acclerating, with locks up. Here is another wierd thing, if the driveshaft spins, and i put my truck on a rock, push the gas, it not fully in 4wd. So it moves is spinning the shaft, but not with lots of force. As if there is some way the t-case is spinning it, but not with lots of force.

Also have taking off the twin stick and remounted, and have tried both Marlin and Front range sticks. The weird thing is, I believe when the driveshaft is spinning, and I pull up to a trail, its very hard to put into 4wd. But once its in, all the compents work fine. Hi/Lo, but once off the trail, unlock hubs, take it out of 4dw, no problem, t-case is free up front. Once I get down the road or stop, put in park and back to drive its locked up again.
blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
case, driveshaft, driveshafts, dual, problems, tcase, twin