Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Does this look like a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does this look like a good deal?

So i sold my 4runner today for $4600 and need a vehicle. i went and test drove this tacoma today and it seemed like a pretty descent truck to me. i can get it for $9000. Just wondering if that seemed like a good deal. i did a carfax report on it and it came out ok. the only problem i could see when i drove it was the parking brake light wont go out. oh also would there be any problems with this truck have the manual hubs locked in for a long period of time. when i got there to test drive it i noticed they were locked in. would like some tacoma advice. it honestly felt more powerful than my 4runner(i could squeel the tires pretty easily). heres the listing link. would like some advice. thanks.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...or=&cardist=13
Old 09-26-2004, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by carose725
So i sold my 4runner today for $4600 and need a vehicle. i went and test drove this tacoma today and it seemed like a pretty descent truck to me. i can get it for $9000. Just wondering if that seemed like a good deal. i did a carfax report on it and it came out ok. the only problem i could see when i drove it was the parking brake light wont go out. oh also would there be any problems with this truck have the manual hubs locked in for a long period of time. when i got there to test drive it i noticed they were locked in. would like some tacoma advice. it honestly felt more powerful than my 4runner(i could squeel the tires pretty easily). heres the listing link. would like some advice. thanks.
The brake light staying on is usually a lack of fluid. Also, you can check NADA to get a price when being sold by a private party and dealer......it will also give you the loan value. That's the best advise I can give you. I was a manager at a dealership years ago and I can't tell you how bad people got screwed there by not doing research.

Prime example. I bought my 4Runner from our dealership. The guy traded it in and they gave him $3500 for it. The NADA value was $9000 at the time. I got to pick it up for $4000.....$500 over cost......we could by any vehicle on the lots for $500 over cost, so obviously I jumped on that one.

Do your homework and you'll be alright.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:05 PM

It's not a bad price, but i think you can do better than that. If you are open to reccomendations, i'd look for an Extra cab.

Here's an Extra cab v6 for less, Granted it's a little older and has a few more miles, but i'd rather have this.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...lor=&cardist=5

You could probably pick up that truck for 6K and drive it for a long time...

I've got a 97 Taco that i beat on repeatedly, and The only problems i have ever had with it was power steering pumps, (finally got the dealer to flush out the system before installing a new one, that was almost 4 years ago now).
Old 09-27-2004, 04:42 PM

i called about the one you listed up there, the guy lived about five minutes from me, but he said he sold it about 18 hours after he listed it.sucks that was a sweet price on that truck. im probably gonna go with the one i showed earlier in this post. it seemed like a pretty nice truck. only one owner, im gonna sell that brushguard as soon as i get it though(i hate them on tacomas).
Old 09-29-2004, 04:56 PM

Well its done. i got the tacoma today. love the speed boost from my 4runner, but now its time to start modding it again. this weekend its getting a full tuneup and oil change. hopefully i can order a header and exhaust in a week or two. im liking the change though i felt like crying watching the 4runner drive away
Old 09-30-2004, 08:12 AM

I've seen that truck around quite a few times. Congrats on the new purchase! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Since you're in Kentucky, hit up our site. We're always looking for more people. Right now we don't get out much, but hopefully when everyone gets settled with their things in the next year or so, we'll get together more. We also have a MSN site (Cincy TTORA), but I don't have a link to that from this computer.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/OSOK