Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

dag nabbit

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dag nabbit

well I was all set to put on my last inland upper control arm and finish my lift this evening when I realized that they'd sent me two right sides not a left and a right.

So....... now I have to call them in the morning and wait for it to arrive. Wish I'd have noticed that when they came. Unfortunatly I just opened the box, saw two a arms and put it away for a later day.

That aside, the rear is definitely sitting higher than the front by a bit. I sort of copied Steve's front end idea a bit, and opted to utilize my already stock 2000 coils. I'm thinking I might need to replace them as I guess they've sagged quite a bit over there 70k and replacing them will help level me out a bit.

What kind of sag do people see off the rear OME coils? I'd search, but we all know that's gone for the moment. The new look is really throwing me.

Bill
Old 02-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Away

Do you have the V6? If so, don't expect to get the same results as Steve since he has the 4 Banger and he is using V6 coils on his truck. Also, I am pretty sure that the 2000 coils are way softer than the 96-98 coils and don't provide as much lift. Just wanted to mention that.

Good luck.
G
Old 02-16-2004, 09:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Dr. Zhivago
Do you have the V6? If so, don't expect to get the same results as Steve since he has the 4 Banger and he is using V6 coils on his truck. Also, I am pretty sure that the 2000 coils are way softer than the 96-98 coils and don't provide as much lift. Just wanted to mention that.

Good luck.
G
Yeah, I didn't expect to get quite what he did with it because of the larger engine. However, he also has a winch and I don't so that should compensate for it a bit. I really just wanted to drive with this setup to see how I liked the ride before I either A) ditched the stock coils, or B) considered getting newer stock coils.

I guess I could always get a thicker cornfed spacer or perhaps even some trim packers if I'm happy with it. The kind of wheeling in MO is nothing like what he's doing, but I thought I'd give it a whirl instead of going with the straight OME setup.

Thanks for the heads up though.

If only I'd had an a arm heads up...I still haven't calmed down from that one yet. I just kept looking at the arm, flipping the arm, looking at the arm, flipping the arm because I was so hot it didn't occur to me to just take a look against the stock arms.

Oh well, at least I'm mostly done now, I'll just have to wait till the arm shows up.

Bill