Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Clear corner lights...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear corner lights...

If anyone has been looking for a good Orange colored bulb for their clear corners, I found some GE's that put out a bright orange... they are 194NAXL they are rated at 5000 hours... just put them in and they are pretty nice.

Just thought I could help, I thought I saw some people looking for these bulbs...

Mike
Old 01-10-2003, 01:15 PM

I run "super-whites" in my clear corners

Anyone else?
Old 01-10-2003, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by pfdaxe
I run "super-whites" in my clear corners

Anyone else?
In PA it is not legal to have a white bulb with a clear lense. The bulb, if the lense is clear, must be amber. Is it legal in AZ to do that? Just wondering...:fireman:
Old 01-10-2003, 01:43 PM

WHERE do you get your clear corner? what is the cost?
Old 01-10-2003, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by 2002 SportEdition
WHERE do you get your clear corner? what is the cost?
Try Burtman Industries . Jason B. is the owner and will most certainly help you out. Goodluck. :fireman:
Old 01-10-2003, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clear Corners

Btown,

I have PIAA super whites in my corners. My corners are setup as basically running lights - ie they don't blink like a turn signal. The clear bumper lenses on the other hand are another matter. I have amber bulbs in those (painted silver ala Butnut), so the blinkers are still amber. I've never been stopped, and I see people everywhere with clear bulbs in the corners - also those dark blue ones too
Old 01-10-2003, 02:46 PM

I only have amber bulbs in my clear fender turn signals. My clear corners and clear bumper turn signals both run clear bulbs. They are more laxed here in AZ. I have limo tint on all my windows even though "law" says your not suppost to. Maybe it's because of my firefighter union sticker? I've never had a problem with being stoped. I think maybe there busy with all the blue headlights that so many people have out here. (Still trying to figure out why people want blue headlights)

Paul :fireman:
Old 01-10-2003, 05:02 PM
DuB

I'm totally sick of the bluish hyperwhite bulbs as I live in Irvine and go to UCI, University of Civics and Integras. I had some superwhite bulbs a while ago but I took them out and put the stock bulbs back in because they were way too blue compared to my HIDs. I'd rather have blatantly mis-matched bulbs than have it look like I was trying to match them and missed

I'm using yellow glass bumper turn signals that were like $5 for a pair and I'm looking for similar yellow-glassed corner bulbs that aren't like $10. I got the turn signal bulbs off autodynamic.com and they're a really nice yellow color. I have yellow-coated corner bulbs right now, but they're starting to fade in color
Old 01-10-2003, 05:59 PM

DuB:

I had the same deal with my corner's. They faded and the driver side just burnt out. I got those from StylinConcepts.com. I got these GE ones, and They seem great, but we'll see how it goes. MUCH MUCH better than my fading ones I just had in though!
Old 01-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by DuB
I'm totally sick of the bluish hyperwhite bulbs as I live in Irvine and go to UCI, University of Civics and Integras. I had some superwhite bulbs a while ago but I took them out and put the stock bulbs back in because they were way too blue compared to my HIDs. I'd rather have blatantly mis-matched bulbs than have it look like I was trying to match them and missed

I'm using yellow glass bumper turn signals that were like $5 for a pair and I'm looking for similar yellow-glassed corner bulbs that aren't like $10. I got the turn signal bulbs off autodynamic.com and they're a really nice yellow color. I have yellow-coated corner bulbs right now, but they're starting to fade in color
haha, i hear ya. i used to live in irvine. anyway, i have clear bulbs in my clear corners. not sure if it's legal here in CA, i've heard yes and no. i'd like to think yes. but oh well, i like it and it looks good.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:43 PM

I like the clean white look. Stands out. I think the police tend to look more at the lowered import crowd than an SUV (knock on wood)...I change my bulbs every year at 'safety inspection' time as any bulb with a blueish tint (even though it turns white :rolleyes: ) is not legal. I modified my turn sigs with an extra Piia 194 bulb (park light) and the plain clear bulb for the turn sig. Sometimes I put yellow corners, turn sigs and lower park lights...looks different and more legal. For now, their all clear.
Hey Cebby, glad that silver paint works for you. I have the hyper (blue) bulbs in my 4 reverse lamps. I silver coated those as they really looked blue in the day time. Lost a little brightness, but still has a white glow compared to stock.
My corners are from Jason (Burtman Ind) too.
Hey Mike, does GE have the same color bulb in the bigger turn signal size? I'm guessing these are the real bright amber bulbs I see on new Camaro's?
butnut
Old 01-11-2003, 08:45 AM

Re: Clear Corners

Originally posted by Cebby
Btown,

I have PIAA super whites in my corners. My corners are setup as basically running lights - ie they don't blink like a turn signal. The clear bumper lenses on the other hand are another matter. I have amber bulbs in those (painted silver ala Butnut), so the blinkers are still amber. I've never been stopped, and I see people everywhere with clear bulbs in the corners - also those dark blue ones too
AHH, that makes sense now to me. Thanks for clarifiying that for me. I do have a ? though for you. Do you have a picture of your clear corners at all? I am thinking about getting a pair and I want to see what they look like and how hard it would be to put them on. Also, where do you get the super white bulbs at? Pep Boys, etc? Just wondering, I don't know of any places around here, unless you can point me in the right direction. Thanks!! :fireman:
Old 01-11-2003, 09:21 AM

Here ya go...

Here are a couple of pics of the clear corner. When it starts to get dark, I'll try to remember to take another shot.

These are held in with two screws. Remove the screws, pop the rear of it out (just a hair) and push the unit toward the front of the vehicle. You can switch a bulb in literally 2 minutes. It takes me a bit longer since I need to remove my guards.

Excuse the "salt" spray. It's about 20 degrees - too cold to wash it...:mad:

Almost forgot - the PIAA markers are style # 168 (same as 194). I haven't seen them anywhere but specialty places and on the web. Joey Myers had a good site somewhere. I'll look for the thread... They are like $12 or $13 per pair...:mad:

Last edited by Cebby; 01-11-2003 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:45 AM

Very cool, thanks Cebby. I noticed that you have a grille guard similar to mine. Does that thing get in the way when you change the lense? Also, being in PA, is it legal to have the clear bulb in there. I know the inspection is tough, so I was just wondering. Thanks again! :fireman:
Old 01-11-2003, 09:50 AM

Mine have been in since before my last inspection. I did not get hassled. It is a running light, so I don't see why not. Not sure how that law is interpreted. A couple of years ago, I was hassled for my fogs not shutting off when I put my high beams on. I tapped the parking light circuit intentionally. Now I just pull the fuse before I take it in. You have to remove the grille infront of the headlight to get the corners out. Kind of a pain. I did this switch when I had my whole guard off for painting.