Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Chromed Out

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chromed Out

I received my Stampede chrome bug shield today in the mail..looks veryyy sharp, and will compliment my recently installed jaos billet grille..i'm tryin to get as much chrome on there as possible! I'm probably going to get to installing in a few minutes aslong as my brother cooperates- i was under the impression that no drilling was necessary, but it turns out that's not the case...so there'll be a little bit to do..but not much...just drill a few holes.

I'm still waitin on my Rhino Sumatra chrome grille guard..again trying to get as much chrome as i can...it was supposed to be here late last week or early this week..but no sign of it. I'll probably have to make another phone call tonight to make sure everything is still goin' alright. I don't mind waiting, i just like to know the status...

I'll let y'all know how things go..
Old 08-08-2002, 02:41 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't forget the chrome tips!

Old 08-08-2002, 03:29 PM

haha, i already have a chrome tip exaust...
Old 08-08-2002, 03:33 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need two.

Old 08-08-2002, 06:43 PM

LOL...good one Jason. Dude, we have to see some pictures! I can't wait to see it. I love chorme! Come on man! Can't wait! LOL. :fireman:
Old 08-08-2002, 06:59 PM

Hmm, your truing to add as much chrome as possibly, and I'm trying to get rid of all my chrome. O wait, I already have
Old 08-08-2002, 08:27 PM

You got rid of all your chrome? Dannnggg...i love chrome. I love how the black and chrome compliments eachother on my ride..the only prob is..i got chrome up front, and chrome in the back..but next to none on the sides. When i get my chrome rims in a few months..that'll make a world of difference. I also am interested in the chrome window lining..i've seen it many times before...but i'm not sure how to go about having that done..something i want to look into for sure.

But yeah, i know i've been really lacking with the pictures..but i'm a perfectionist..and i really want to get my mods done before i go about taking pictures..i want it all to come together in its entirety..so i'm not going to tackle that till i feel ready..but y'all aren't going anywhere..so soon!! haha..

And yeah, Jason, the duel exaust tips are nice...and big too...i just have one..and it's somewhat small, and goes out to the side a bit...it looks good though...maybe in the future i'll look into the two...but my uncle, who works with toyota in rochester, also the guy who picked out my ride for me..when i got it he had the chrome tip put on as an added bonus/present type of thing..so i'd feel bad replacing it so soon. I also want to get a nasty CD player facing like a lot of the people on the forum own...but again, my uncle also had a toyota brand CD player implemented when i got my 4runner..so i feel bad at this point. ahhh well...all in due time.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:11 PM

Cool

Gonna have to wear my shades when you post the pics... Yeah, I like chrome too.
butnut
Old 08-08-2002, 11:59 PM
Contributing Member

Why not some chrome nerf bars on the side?
Old 08-09-2002, 12:02 AM
Contributing Member

What year is your truck? There's been some Chrome skidplates going on EBay for 2nd Gens
Old 08-09-2002, 12:07 AM
Contributing Member

His sig reads...

Current:
97 4Runner SR5 4x4

Sorry had to reply cause in the last 20 mins all I have gotten is emails telling me you've replyed to the posts I'm subscribed to...
Old 08-09-2002, 12:16 AM
Contributing Member

Doh How the H#ll did I miss that? LOL I looked really I did for a sig before I posted. Mabye it's cuz there's so much stuff in there I thought it was part of the thread...hard telling. Oh well I will hold up my dumbass flag for a bit
Old 08-09-2002, 06:12 AM

Nerfbars go along the side to step up onto right? When you're entering the vehicle? B/c i already have "running boards" or whatever they're called..

But yeah, that would add a nice touch...i'm going to go look into those right now. Thanks Krash...lets see what i can dig up~
Old 08-09-2002, 06:23 AM

Does anyone recommend a particualr brand of nerf bars? I just checked out some Westin's that were really nice...they run $320 though..which isn't necessarily a problem, but it may be a little while before i can get them.

So i assume the running boards interfere with nerfbars...haha, wouldn't make sense if you could have both..so is that a problem? Or do the running boards come right off?
Old 08-09-2002, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member

The runningboards unbolt fairly easy but a word of caution you'll probably need something for mudflaps in the front. Also believe it or not the runningboards provide ALOT of protection from rocks and stuff. Another good company is SmittyBuilt at smittybuiltinc.com Be prepared to pay a pretty penny for bars especially the chrome ones. I have been looking for some for my 2nd Gen lately as well. My truck gets completely covered in road nasties in about 1 mile if the road is wet without the boards on and no mudflaps. 3rd Gens may be a bit different not completly sure.... guys?????
Old 08-09-2002, 06:35 AM

Oh and by the way...i forgot to tell y'all...the Stampede Bug Shield went right on w/ no problems at all...took no more than 15 minutes..

It makes me nervous when i have to drill holes though! Haha, but we were careful ..and i let my brother handle the drilling..

It looks really good though...i'm veryyy pleased.

Next up is my Levoc Shifter i recently ordered..ought to be here next week sometime.. it has the wood design on it...so i'm hoping it'll match my wook kit. We'll see~
Old 08-09-2002, 06:38 AM

Thanks UK...maybe i'll have to buy some mud flaps @ the same time then. Not a problem~!

But my Runner doesn't really go anywhere but the road..so maybe it won't be a problem? ??
Old 08-09-2002, 07:04 AM

hey C2, i have a levoc at shiftknob also. it has some pearl white with chrome to match my white face indiglos. the shift knob makes a huge difference in how your interior looks. i had problems installing it at first. took me a while to figure out that i could not use the "kit" that came with the new knob. but eventually i made it work. i had no choice since i broke the original when removing it.
Old 08-09-2002, 07:18 AM

Very nice. I believe i saw the shiftknob you're talking about when i was searching for mine. Very sharp.

So after your troubleshooting, do you have any tips as far as installation goes? Aside from coming to the conclusion that you can't use the kit it comes with? You're Runner is a 99..as opposed to my 97..but i'm sure the process woud be similar.

Butnut has a levoc Shiftknob as well..that was where i first saw them, so i proceeded to email him to find out more about them. As a matter of fact, it was in his repliances that he suggested i come to the forum!
Old 08-09-2002, 09:15 AM
Contributing Member

C2-
Where did you get your chrome bug shield?

Quick Reply: Chromed Out