Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Bone Yard finds

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Bone Yard finds

Well had a very beneficial weekend, found the remaining parts for my Limited upgrade, found the wood trim for my gauge cluster, ignition and shifter. Matching master door switch trim too so all of them now match!

Also got the driver's side head lamp and I posted the install in another thread. Then after doing all that, decided to try to finish up my Taurus Fan install by hooking up the A/C wire for the relay to the A/C compressor (thanks to all who contributed to helping me figure out how to get to the wire). Was a pretty straight forward install but it uncovered a wiring problem with my 2 speed switch install. I will have to modify my previous write up to reflect the change. I will hopefully have the complete wrte up ready for Tech submission in a few days. It was a real head scratcher for a while, but once I got it figured out and corrected, it works great!

Adjusted the temp now and its done! WOO HOO. I also found the missing parts for another center console (eBrake and bracket) so I now have a complete center console for upgrading another Gen3 flight 1. What a weekend indeed!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm so envious you have so many Toyota junkyards nearby.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by blarchitect
I'm so envious you have so many Toyota junkyards nearby.
Well I don't have that many near me. My trip last weekend was an all day trip (over 180 miles round trip) but I planned on using the entire day. I was very lucky to find the vehicles I did as the '99 Limited I got the head light from had been hit from the rear really bad, completely folded the bumper up almost to the back of the rear seats and then was mashed in on the right side, was pretty sever. I wanted the airbox and MAF from the '99 to upgrade that as well but no luck, mashed pretty bad. It was a limited too so I got the remaining trim for my "Limited" project. I wnated the '99 radio bezel but they wanted $150 for that piece alone. I ended up getting all the rest of the wood grain parts (less switches) for $50. Was pretty happy. The drivers side lamp had a broken lamp bucket that holds the grill on so I got it for $20 an djust used my OEM bucket to mount the new lamp in (see my write up on the light upgrade). I ended up in another yard almost another 30 miles away to get the Tundra brakes ... another story for another time, but yeah, after going to over a dozen different yards over the past 5 months, I finally got the things I was needing but still looking for some really cheap parts. they are out there but getting harder to find at a reasonable cost. Some of these yards charge you more then 50% of new retail. Some they just wnat the parts to move.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:12 AM

So you are going to do the 99 bezel swap too!
I managed at the weekend (thanks to your help!), to get the centre security indicator LED wired into my existing RS 3000 one and, I wired the passenger seatbelt warning LED into the drivers one on the combination meter.
Compiling part 2 of the mod, and hope to post write-up by the end of the week.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:14 AM

Forgot to mention there a couple of these radio bezels on ebay just now. One is a woodgrain buy-it now for $50. not sure if plugs are included. Seller is codygocam or something like that.