Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

blinkers not blinking (3rd gen)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blinkers not blinking (3rd gen)

Well I jumped out of my truck in a pissed off hurry today do to my dash rattle behind the passenger airbag that I still can't figure out, and while snatching my bag through the car, I snapped my blinker switch off.

I'm still not real sure how I managed this and I've been thinking about it all morning. I was pretty pissed about the dash, so I'm not real sure.

Regardless, I now need to fix my turn signal. I superglued the meat portion back to the column where it goes, and everything moves around and looks as it should. I have to solder the wires back into the switch for the lights, but the lights do work when I touch them together so that's all working.....but....my turn signal does not work.

Any ideas.

I do have the center section of my dash off right now, so I don't know if it somehow ties into any of that, and perhaps I just didn't notice that they weren't actually blinking this morning.

Any idea where the fuse for the blinkers on a 3rd gen is? I can look when I get home, but I don't have any of my manuals with me at work.

Livid in the Lou,
Bill
Old 07-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Blinker on the blink

The owner's manual tells where and what all the fuses are, maybe you just blew one of them. The ones in the engine bay are labeled on top of the lid, but I don't think any of your blinker fuses would be in there. New blinker arms are like $160, so I woulnd't do that unless you can't get this one to work!

Good luck!

Old 07-02-2004, 08:22 AM

"I do have the center section of my dash off right now, so I don't know if it somehow ties into any of that, and perhaps I just didn't notice that they weren't actually blinking this morning."

Yes...I found that out last weekend. The hazard switch must be connected for the blinkers to work. They run through the same relay. I also had the same problem on my 73FJ40.

Good luck.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by mcyota
"I do have the center section of my dash off right now, so I don't know if it somehow ties into any of that, and perhaps I just didn't notice that they weren't actually blinking this morning."

Yes...I found that out last weekend. The hazard switch must be connected for the blinkers to work. They run through the same relay. I also had the same problem on my 73FJ40.

Good luck.
problem solved and thank you yotatech!!!

Don't worry brian, I had no intention of buying a new one. My coworker was laughing at me because it really only broke about 2/3 of the way but I was so pissed I tore it off and that's when the wires broke.

Old 07-02-2004, 08:28 AM

my god...160 bux for a stick of plastic? heck i'll cherish it when i get my truck...why so much? it's a stick with a few buttons...whoever told me that toyota parts can run on the expensive side was right! but you could probably rip one out of a salvage for half that....
Old 07-02-2004, 08:52 AM

Your welcome....
Old 07-02-2004, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by mcyota

Good luck.

Same deal happened to me when I swapped HU.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Figit090
my god...160 bux for a stick of plastic? heck i'll cherish it when i get my truck...why so much? it's a stick with a few buttons...whoever told me that toyota parts can run on the expensive side was right! but you could probably rip one out of a salvage for half that....
no salvage yard in my area has any 4runners or Tacos to pull parts from.

There were a few things I've been wanting to get just to have them.

Bill