95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

ARB owners, dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 04:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/bye-bye-sahara-bar-youve-been-good-me-51721/

page 2, post #35 has the pics

it's actually much better now... I adjusted it in the brackets, but they're bent. only real damage that might be a problem fixing is the front area where the winch and license plate are. It's now concave in by about 1" at the bottom and 1/2" at the winch fairlead. It's straight at the top. It's not perfect, and I'm going to straighten it some more along w/ the bracket ends that are slightly off right now.

I'm considering either keeping it or just getting another one and selling this one.

If you got it, I could paint it any color you wanted for an additional $150. It wouldn't come w/ the fogs, IPF 900's, or the winch/fairlead. It would probally need some new rubber trim on the front, but I have all the pieces if you want to try to make them work.

It would be a good bumper for a trail rig that will be bouncing off rocks. It won't be all that good of a bumper for a street ride since it will probally never be exactly right.

If I paint it, then I'd also prefer local pickup. I wouldn't be able to guarantee the paint during shipment. Of course for about $250, you could get it painted at your local body shop.

It would fit best on a tacoma w/ the larger flares. If it goes on a taco w/ small flares or no flares, it will stick out 1.5" outside the fenders. It's a prado bar, so it's wider than the taco bars by about 3"-4" overall.

Last edited by bamachem; 02-24-2005 at 04:45 AM.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:19 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off, major bummer about the accident, glad you are okay. Amazed I didn't notice that thread.

As to the Sahara, I'll keep it in mind, though obviously I don't know what bumper I want. I just got outbid on a used ARB on ebay, mostly cause I won't go that high since I'm not too committed to any one idea (and I'm po these days). And of course its in Alabama, or Tenn, either way its not in ohio. Tho that is closer than the ebay one (WA).
Old 02-24-2005, 06:22 AM
Banned

I'm thinking that as-is, i could get $250 or so either here, TTORA, ebay, etc. maybe $350 for it if i straighten it and the brackets back to spec so that the damage isn't noticeable at all and then fix up the rubber stuff as best i can. probally $500 total to color match it. a new one is $1100 + shipping + paint work from most places. color matched for less than half price even w/ a few imperfections is still a deal to say the least.

i have the rubber fill plates where the fogs go. for the right price, i'd let them go too and just buy new ones.

Last edited by bamachem; 02-24-2005 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:25 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bamachem
I'm thinking that as-is, i could get $250 or so. maybe $350 for it if i straighten it and the brackets out so that the damage isn't noticeable and then fix up the rubber stuff as best i can. probally $500 to color match it. a new one is $1100 + shipping from most places. color matched for less than half price even w/ a few imperfections is still a deal to say the least.

i have the rubber fill plates where the fogs go. for the right price, i'd let them go too and just buy new ones.
are you getting rid of any of the lights or are they going on a new sahara??
Old 02-24-2005, 06:29 AM
Banned

by as-is, i mean no winch, no fairlead, no fogs, no ipf 900's. it would have the black rubber fog inserts to fill the fog holes. it will have the triangular inserts w/ the cool blinkers. it will have all the parts and pieces along w/ the chrome hoop. i also have a spare chrome hoop that could easily be mounted on a tjm t-17 if someone wanted. hell, i could even paint it black to match if you wanted.

i'm very happy w/ the 900's so they're staying put. the fogs are nice, but if it's heartburn for someone buying the bumper to have to shell out $250 for new fogs to go on a used bumper, then i'll just get the new fog kit and sell the used ones for $150 or so. only thing wrong w/ them is the chrome bulb covers in the light are a little "blue" and discolored from running 100W h3s for about a week before realizing that they were WAY too hot for the housings and the light output wasn't much better anyway since they're fogs and they disperse the light.

Last edited by bamachem; 02-24-2005 at 06:31 AM.