86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

The Tower0fPower's 1993 4x4 22RE Toyota Pickup build

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Tower0fPower's 1993 4x4 22RE Toyota Pickup build

Howdy folks. It's 3:20 AM and I can't sleep. Here's my yota, bought her about a week ago for 2200 from a very nice gentleman who abused the hell out of her. I'm currently doing what I can for the poor girl but we may need to start a charity if the situation worsens anymore.

Of course I had to get her stuck immediately J

This was day 2 of ownership. Hope I remember how things go back together.

Cleaning el carpet

Installing el amp

Items/Actions Completed:
-Correctly removed malfuctioning/hacked out aftermarket alarm system and rewired factory wiring harness.
-Replaced plugs and wires
-Replaced distributor cap and rotor
-Replaced fuses (many, many fuses)
-Removed interior and cleaned with a shampooer thoroughly
-Fixed sticky tailgate latch with can of DW40
-Replaced rear passenger side tail light
-Replaced battery terminal connections
-Replaced clutch and brake pedal covers
-Paid free dollars plus an entrance fee for a pocket full of fuses and an e-brake cable at a junkyard
-Mounted and wired my amp and prewired door speakers
-Installed headunit
-Installed pacesetter headers, new cat, and new stock catback

TO DO:
-Find and install a shift boot
-Matching steering column plastic
-Make the seat belts actually retract
-Fix that thing where I can see the ground through the fill hole on my windshield washer fluid reservoir
-Battery tie down strap thing
-Cup holder that hold cups
-Bend rear window frame so they actually slide
-Tint, dark like, not purple
-Ash/change tray that doesn’t fall out

Last edited by Tower0fPower; 02-28-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:44 PM

Installed a Pioneer AVH3200DVD today, I've got a kenwood amp mounted in the back (see previous photos) pushing two boston doorspeakers at 100watts RMS@ 4 ohms each. ˟˟˟˟ gets loud! Future plans are to ad an Alpine Type S shallow mount (bout 80 bucks) behind the driver seat powered by a kenwood capable of 400w RMS @ 4ohms.

I've got some pacesetter headers and a brand new catback in the mail, probably install on Tuesday. Remanufactured gear box in the garage hopefully going in tomorrow. Any advice on replacing the gear box is much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:31 PM

cool truck, I have the same year and body style so I am curious what you are going to do with it. your truck looks like it is in good shape must be nice not having any rust! are you running 31's? It looks like I have the same rims too....
Old 01-10-2011, 04:34 PM

It's got 33x12.5 tires right now when it comes time to replace them I'll throw on some 35's. Lol she's in pretty good condition but some of the stuff the previous owner did just baffles me, fortunately most of it is easily fixed.

Plans are just to get it to a mechanically reliable state where I feel comfortable taking it on outings and whatnot. I'm putting all new exhaust on it, pacesetter headers with a brand new stock catback and a testpipe in the middle to seal the deal. Currently the power steering isn't working so I'm hoping that the new gearbox will solve that. I need to extend the shifters (wasn't doen when body lift was done) and that should take care of mechanical issues. Asthetically I'll probably go with a white and black scheme, keeping the body white and everything else black - wheels, windows, running bars, etc. Add that shallow mount 10" and the sound system will be finished.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:12 AM

Sounds nice! I am doing pretty much the same thing, getting everyting working properly then plan to run 35's in time. I need to do exhaust, ive patched it a few times but i think I just knocked it loose in the last big snowstorm we had. Its just starting to get very cold again so iam sure other things will pop up that need to be fixed.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:38 AM

What happened with this build? I'm interested to see how it turned out.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:12 PM

I ended up pulling the headunit and selling the truck to buy a 1995 4Runner with the 3.0 and 13x,xxx miles. Never got much else done on the to-do list except the battery strap down which I had to buy from a dealer for like 50 bucks because the battery kept jumping around when I was wheeling and it would tear the positive ring terminal off and kill the truck. All in all I loved this little truck and if I had the finances I would have kept it in addition to the runner but I couldn't pass up the deal on the runner. I'm attaching a couple pics I thought onlookers might enjoy.

All cleaned up and purty.

Snow wheeling, the lift and 33's did extremely well actually.

Just some scenic shiz.

Decent amount of snowfall.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:19 PM

Oh and I got the gearbox replaced which did fix the power steering... extended the shifters, and changed out the t case and tranny oil