Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

Parting out 1997 4Runner, 5-Spd, V-6

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Parting out 1997 4Runner, 5-Spd, V-6

Chaning direction everybody--i no longer want to sell the drive train whole--willing to part it all out--complete truck except for f/r diffs--Motivated to move this stuff so i can start on my new 4Runner. Thanks Henry

Complete Enigine, Tranny and T-Case are up for grabs. This was a running breathing truck prior to my rollover (landed right side up) Here is the story. I sent the heads out to get messaged by Weasy2K to have them ready to put on my new 4Runner. Once i get my new heads back and installed I can:

1. Put the heads back on and reassembly the engine
2. Leave the heads off give you a discount and a chance to do whatever it is you want to do to the motor

All Parts, wiring connectors and even the bolts and brackets have been labeled and organized

**This is a complete engine and tranny, T-case combo-with computer, intake, injectors, coil packs, wiring harness, emissions control stuffs. Also has a new Clutch from Downey with about 5-10k on it.

If the price is right i will drive a pretty good distance to deliver it to you (just pay for my gas) IF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY INTERESTED GIVE ME A CALL 512-917-7097

OK--i will be parting out my beloved 1997 4Runner V-6, 5Spd, 4WD, SR5. IT WAS IN A ROLLOEVER so...Rear 3rd housing is also toast.

So here is what is on the list at this moment:

Odds and ends kinda stuffs...i.e. cruise control, abs, dash, whatever sheet metal is still good, tires, rims, .....etc..just email me and if i am done with it or dont need it i will sell.

It has a TJM T-15--but i am not sure what condition it is in yet. It was on the truck when it rolled over--would need some bending to get back into shape.

Aluminum Harse Fairlead

4 Pretty new (about 2k on them) 95% tread Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/75/16

Whats not: Drivetrain, intake parts..etc the diffs for right now...

I know this sound like i am not really parting out a 4Runner but i am. I am going to build my motor and tranny.....and then use it to put into the new 4Runner. So eventually pretty much everything WILL BE SOLD. That includes a compete engine/computer/tranny/computer, wiring harness....

Just Email me on what you want and if i have it or dont need it i will sell it or take picture for you. Do a search For Title "Big Crash" to see pictures of truck

PLEASE FOLKS--MAKE ME AN HONEST OFFER ON WHAT YOU WANT--I am sure you know what they go for--I am Reasonable--just dont have the time to research everything right now.

Really do appreciate all the interest though

Last edited by hross14; 11-15-2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Changing directions on parting it out--
Old 10-13-2007, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have an OEM double din CD Player?

Email me at dklier "at" vandals.uidaho.edu

Thanks,
Dan
Old 10-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sell whole, or just parts?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hross14
OK--i will be parting out my beloved 1997 4Runner V-6, 5Spd, 4WD, SR5. IT WAS IN A ROLLOEVER so...Rear 3rd housing is also toast.

So here is what is on the list at this moment:

Odds and ends kinda stuffs...i.e. cruise control, abs, dash, whatever sheet metal is still good, tires, rims, .....etc..just email me and if i am done with it or dont need it i will sell.

It has a TJM T-15--but i am not sure what condition it is in yet. It was on the truck when it rolled over--would need some bending to get back into shape.

Aluminum Harse Fairlead

Whats not: Drivetrain, intake parts..etc the diffs for right now...

I know this sound like i am not really parting out a 4Runner but i am. I am going to build my motor and tranny.....and then use it to put into the new 4Runner. So eventually pretty much everything WILL BE SOLD. That includes a compete engine/computer/tranny/computer, wiring harness....

Just Email me on what you want and if i have it or dont need it i will sell it or take picture for you. Do a search For Title "Big Crash" to see pictures of truck
Better info on wich tread BIG CRASH brings up so many different post with different big crashs
Old 10-14-2007, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by olharleyman
Better info on wich tread BIG CRASH brings up so many different post with different big crashs
Here are some pictures of the truck

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/hross14/

Here is the Yotatech thread

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f5/big-crash-125944/

I am not yet parting out the whole truck yet--drive train, intake is not for sale as of yet..but anything else you need just let me know. Email or hit me up here with a request. If i dont need it for my build i will sell it. So eventaully, yes the whole thing will be sold and parted
Old 10-14-2007, 09:59 AM

I might be interested in the 15 if you can provide a few more pics or at least tell me just how much work might be involved in getting it fixed up...that is when you can get at it.

Otherwise, I'm very interested to know the condition of the rear tailgate...I don't care so much of the mechanical/window workings....I'm more interested in the condition of the shell itself. I've got a huge dent in mine and it would be nice to replace it if I could...

I didn't see any pictures of it on photobucket though....

Sorry for your loss...it was a beaut!

Thanks, Kyle
Old 10-14-2007, 11:00 AM

whats the condition of the center piece of the rear bumper and also the passenger side of the rear bumper
Old 10-14-2007, 12:22 PM

Steering wheel?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Skrillah
I might be interested in the 15
Kyle
Rear tailgate sheetmetal is toast--The t-15 frame is straight, but the area were the bars connect was bent down--bar bent back about....i would say it would probably take about an hour or two get it back in shape using a come-along as a jack--but frame connects are fine.

Rear Bumper Center looks clean--i will pull it tomorrow tell you how the connections look--i am not sure what the connections points look like. The passenger rear part of the bumper is in great shape.

Steering wheel is in great--airbag still there.

Everybody--i will take pictures when i get home from work show you the pieces...IF YOU are interested--email or PM me with an offer.

Thanks for the interest
Old 10-14-2007, 08:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If it's equipped with A/C, I'd be interested in your condenser and dryer. Basically, anything that would be under the hood with the exception of the compressor itself.

As for cruise control, I'd like to know if you'd part with the cable, the bracket that mounts it to the intake and the half moon assembly that the cruise control cable and throttle linkage attach to.

Thanks.

Last edited by RobD; 10-14-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:20 AM

how much for the front spindles and coilovers, in much need of both
Old 10-15-2007, 04:09 PM

Steering wheel is in great--airbag still there.

Everybody--i will take pictures when i get home from work show you the pieces...IF YOU are interested--email or PM me with an offer.

Thanks for the interest
How about end links also?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:11 PM

Looking for the passenger side window and door lock switches
Old 10-15-2007, 06:05 PM

Hmmm...Ok...what do you want for the TJM
Old 10-15-2007, 06:13 PM

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...=1192500159765

OK--the pictures of the stuff you guys inquired about are up.

AURUNNER--center looks fine and side looks fine--there is an indent under the bumoper sticker--very slight, side--clean except on the bottom--couple indents on underside but cant be seen unless you get under the truck

Hopper--End links are there--do you want the fronts or back? You are talking about the sway bar end links?

TJ--
the window is fine and so is the switch
Old 10-15-2007, 11:02 PM

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...=1192500159765
Hopper--End links are there--do you want the fronts or back? You are talking about the sway bar end links?
Yes, sorry I didnt make it clear above, Front sway bar end links. Price?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by hopper
Yes, sorry I didnt make it clear above, Front sway bar end links. Price?
Do you want me to qoute the steering wheel also?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:56 PM

Dude, sorry to see that happen! That sucks.

I'd buy both front sun visors, and two center wheel caps if they are not too dinged up. Also, what kind of seats are in it? You want to sell driver's seat if it's leather?

Thanks,
CB
Old 10-16-2007, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by CBDenver
Dude, sorry to see that happen! That sucks.

I'd buy both front sun visors, and two center wheel caps if they are not too dinged up. Also, what kind of seats are in it? You want to sell driver's seat if it's leather?

Thanks,
CB
Seats are not leather

Both centers are have normal wear for a 97--couple scratches here and there...visors are in great shape. Sent Mesg
Old 10-16-2007, 08:25 PM

parting out...

hi...newbie here.....I have a 1995, and I'm looking for the wiper control switch...mine has the intermittent as well.....you still have yours? Although, I'll have to check and see if it's any different with the airbag, mine doesn't have that.

Last edited by kenaniah; 10-16-2007 at 08:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Parting out 1997 4Runner, 5-Spd, V-6