Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

Panhard trac 2.5 drop bracket for 3rd gen 96-02

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Panhard trac 2.5 drop bracket for 3rd gen 96-02

I had these cut out and formed by a local shop on their cnc plasma and machined to finish, they can make more, and should be relatively inexpensive if there are over 5 ordering. I will take best offers on them if anyone is interested. I am thinking $35+ whatever shipping is, NO hardware. They are formed from 1/4 plate steel, I can include the two bolts you will need to install if you need them, (1) grade 8 12mm x 90mm, and (1) 12mm 3.5in+ scrap to hold while welding to the car.........

I will post pics in a few days

and until i really figure out how to use these forums, i can be contacted at AWestrick@gmail.com

Edit: I apologize, most of the stuff under here has veered away from marketplace discussion, ADVICE on not doing this please???

Last edited by wjwerdna; 03-02-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was your first post really a sale? lol! you can post pictures, but i am 99% sure that until you get to be known, that people are going to stick with well known members who have supported the community for a long time with knowledge and proven products.

BUT! i could be wrong. post up the pics. why not? doesn't hurt to show it, right? i would really try to make myself a little better known though. hell, atleast tell us about your truck!
Old 03-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Contributing Member

well yeah, thanks bflooks, first post was advice on hella 500's haha, a subject covered everywhere

i've browsed these forums for a while, but never really felt like i had much to offer

My "station wagon" lol as classified by the DMV is basically stock except for a 3 inch lift kit i designed and installed, and infinity stereo around, and hella 500's on a custom front light bar... like i posted, I'm new to the forums

If people don't feel like ordering because of my status as a new member, then that is their choice, and an informed decision indeed, if you have an issue with this, then yes, that too is a decision for you to make.

I WILL NOT TAKE ANY MONEY FROM ANYONE UNTIL I HAVE ONE MORE MADE TO TAKE A PIC (SAT OR SUN) AND AM ABLE TO PROVE THAT I HAVE THE RESOURCES AND AM ABLE TO BACK IT UP, also so that i can show exactly what exactly i have

Last edited by wjwerdna; 03-11-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Contributing Member

this hopefully gives you a basic idea of previous projects and capabilities... questions, comments, want me to make prints of something for you?... since i've taken so much from these forums, I'll give you my best effort

Last edited by wjwerdna; 03-11-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Contributing Member

kinda big sorry

thats just an awesome pic, but only a 4runner can get you this far, ask the numerous cars that get pulled from the sides of the road

theres the evil triple post, along with a ridiculong string of pics sorry

Last edited by wjwerdna; 03-02-2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:33 PM

Not to hijack your thread, but how do you have those offroad lights mounted ? Can you get a closer up picture of them ? Thanks !!!
Old 03-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Contributing Member

well, I will post it here, however, in response could you advise me in what the norm would be in doing it the right way, as to not creat a mess of a thread?

this was all custom made, welded, and obviously, painted by hand last summer....
MI weather didnt take kindly to it at all, i was in a rush and didnt use primer, just wiped the metal down with zylol and it began to flake off in chunks. I'll have to sandblast and repaint this summer, either that or send my bumper design off to get fabbed

structurally it is very sturdy, and is attached to a metal support

Last edited by wjwerdna; 03-02-2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:42 PM

Cool thanks...I supposed I could have emailed you and got the pic that way.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:31 AM

no no! please do not take what i am saying the wrong way. i just thought it was odd that there was only 3 posts from you, 2 of which were in a thread for a custom item for sale. i was simply letting you know that perhaps you should have introduced yourself a few times and let people see what you were capable of before offering to sell a custom item.

there is sonoran steel who makes this bracket, but like i said, everyone knows what he is capable of and knows that his product is tested and proven. but now with a few pictures, and now that you have introduced yourself and show that you are actually interested in the forum by asking where the proper place to post is, etc., then perhaps people will be more open to seeing what you have.

i am not sure what others have emailed you, but my suggestions were just that. suggestions. so hopefully this makes me NOT seem like such an e-jerk. lol! and welcome.

my only question is....where did you get the idea's to make this item? i would atleast hope that you asked steve if you could borrow his design before trying to undersell him on the forum IF that is where you got the idea from. i mean...it's only right, no?
Old 03-03-2006, 05:05 AM
Contributing Member

yeah, i wasn't taking your post the wrong way really, lol, I don't see you as an "e-jerk", I understand the concern, really... I came across steve's site last week actually (sonoransteel.com), after I had my first one made, and yes, his is very similar. They both perform the same exact thing. I am an engineer, I look under the car, I see that I have lifted my car 2.5-3inches... hmm looks like that things gonna need to move too, I wonder what it is, oh, thats my trac bar, looks pretty important , hmm.... so i send out prints to have a bracket made, and I weld it on, tada, its lowered also, realigning the axle... Mathematically, with a 3 inch lift, it moves it to right by about .125 in based on the trac bar being 36in long.... (not sure, cuz im at my desk)...

So anyway, mine is formed from 1/4 in plate, not a square piece of stock with a side cut out of it (this must be difficult to do) so it is simply sheared out with a couple of bends on a hydraulic press no saws, no torches, and no grinding, making it more cost effective due to labor and material, once I receive them back from the sheet metal fab guy, I manually drill the holes using a drill press, for mine i drilled the holes on 3 in centers... i can drill them really anywhere between 1 in and 3 in if wanted...

so when it comes down to it, yes it is very similar to different designs, however, you can not compare that because, looking at his design is in no way required to make your own, just looking under my truck for 5 min and i saw what would do the job. Thats what I get paid to do, all day at work, unless im on forums

also, i have a design for one that needs no welding to attach, I have not had it made since i dont need it, and my goal is not to sell them all the time, it would be another few pieces in addition to the weld on bracket, that would allow for same thing, calculating the processes involved and material, it would prob cost another 35-45 and i would rather just see them welded on - - -

and also.... to anyone else reading this, I have access to shops with a cnc plasma cutter - capabilities are endless in regards to metal fab, and a cnc abrasive waterjet, this guy is pretty awesome, more expensive than plasma, but this thing can cut profiles in any material, metal, alloys, glass, wood, plastic, marble, (www.leadingedgefab.com) so if you want me to send them a quote for you and handle the shipping, i would be happy to

(these were cut with plasma, very clean, very smooth, very easy, imagine cutting that out in your garage... I got call that they were done 2 hours after i faxed him my prints/mat'l spec/and tol.note)

Last edited by wjwerdna; 03-03-2006 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:38 AM

Cool, another MI guy! I am def. interested when you get some pics up! Thanks and welcome!

Judd
Old 03-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

sooo, I finally have a pic

From this pic you can see that it is sheared out of a flat plate, and looking closely, can see that it was bent to shape

Of course, I was planning on drilling each depending on your exact amount of lift since I was planning on selling a small quantity

However, I have chosen not to provide my solution as some people feel it is a copy of others work.

You can find similar brackets that will perform the same function at www.SonoranSteel.com, made by a fellow YotaTech member.

Last edited by wjwerdna; 03-11-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by wjwerdna
Bad News... I have chosen not to provide my solution as some people feel it is a copy of others work.

Good News ... You can find similar brackets that will perform the same function at www.SonoranSteel.com, made by a fellow YotaTech member.
The good news is that you are not going to try to sell any of this stuff.

It looks to me like all of "your" designs are copied from others. :pat:

The front spacers look like copies of All-Pro Off Road with a little Revtek top-out thrown in, the rear spacers look like copies of Cornfed (only made out of pipe), the tapered diff drop, the panhard bracket and the bump stop brackets all look like copies of Sonoran Steel...

Come on dude, you seriously need to not sell any of these parts. Using them is bad enough.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Contributing Member

I never said any of the other designs were mine, nor did I ever try to sell them. Those pics are shown to illustrate material and assembly. The bracket listed in this thread WAS my own, but as you have pointed out, I have no real basis for proving this, nor do I have the intent on selling. The front was modified from a Tuff-Country Leveling kit system that didnt come in the size I wanted, so I had to fab my own, I was planning on doing this all next term and purchasing cornfed's for the rear, but I wanted to be able to take out part of the rear lift if wanted, cornfed doesn't provide this, so I had to make a coil spacer with an additional 3/4" extending into the coil so i could place a 3/4" HDPE donut that I could remove if wanted... how else would I do this? Is there another kit out there that can have 3/4 taken out??? The diff drop and bump-stops, saw them on other cars before I knew where they were from, but they are most def S.S. you are right... The diff drop took me about 5 minutes to cut at a perfect angle from barstock, and another 5 minutes to drill. The bumpstops cost me $8 and were sheared from steel in under 5 minutes, then welded by myself, which is why they look like crap ... I don't really care, I'm 20 years old, I'm in college, this isn't my life. My suspension is custom, in that I adapted what was out there to fit my needs, 2.5-3 inches under $100, and I did.

Originally Posted by Albuquerque Jim
[blah blah blah] Using them is bad enough.
and what is this based on? since when is it wrong to adapt a bumper design, slider concepts, skid plate concepts, or other for your use... You've never considered this? You've bought all of your products from the person that FIRST developed the idea, not any alternatives?
Old 03-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Contributing Member

I have the tools at my disposable to fabricate anything, any type of cutout in sheetmetal [or glass, or rock, whatever], bends in steel up to 3/4 thick plate, profiles cut out of stainless, using no heat, profiles cut in thin gauge steel, w/ no deformation. I am able to get competitive pricing on any multi-process part with greater customization between runs at less cost to the end user. Cut, weld, mill, polish, drill, etch, anodize, sandblast, powder-coat, whatever. If I can make a few bucks, without stepping on anyones toes, then I will. So far, I think I may have gone about this the wrong way, and for that I apologize. Next time get steel-toes

Last edited by wjwerdna; 03-11-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Contributing Member

100, lol
Old 03-12-2006, 05:32 AM
Contributing Member

I just read your e-mail. Thanks.

Like I said, if you come up with truly original designs, knock yourself out. I never have a problem with people copying the parts for themselves, but to sell is a different story.

I put a huge amount of time in to testing and fine tuning this stuff and that is the real investment.

Last edited by sschaefer3; 03-12-2006 at 05:39 AM.