Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

1987 4Runner

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 4Runner

I'm reluctantly putting my 4Runner up for sale . I've owned the truck for approximately six years with 226k miles on the odo. I believe I'm the 3rd ownber. It now has just over 237k being used as an occasional driver. I recently began stripping the frame of some POR15 that I applied several years ago (my first attempt) and began punching through the rear passenger side frame rail. It will take to much welding (not my expertise) to repair. With the addition of 2 kids since the truck was acquired it is time to let it go. I have the bikini set up for the top which looks like the bikini top in this thread

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...op/index.shtml

It runs and drives excellent. No oil leaks. Transmission & 4WD works great. Power windows both work. It came with power mirrors but I replaced them with aftermarket mirrors as the plastic casing on the original ones were broken and the mirrors shook (the wiring is still intact and I think I still have the poer mirrors). It has cruise control-works fine. Clinometer works. It has the power antenna option but had an aftermarket regular atenna on the truck when I bought it. The radio and the cassette deck works although the cassette player is somewhat tempermental. Rear window & wiper/washer works. Rear deforster works so-so. Lights all work (I put 50 watt bulbs in for the reverse lights). There is a bulb out on the right side of the dash display. All guages work. Tires are 31 BFGs with about 3-4K on them. This truck did not come with A/C. Heater works great. It had/has typical Toyota rust areas and those were patched but some areas should be fixed again. Floors are OK-no holes. Carpet is pretty worn.

Below is a synopsis of what has been done to the truck (in addition to routine maintenance):

Spring/Summer 2006: Installed Hella Supertone Horns, Changed transmission & transfer case fluids. New Toyota plug wires, coil, cap and rotor. New aftermarket black bumper (front) and bumper ends.

2005: New Toyota one piece muffler from the cat back. New (aftermarket) pipe from the exhaust manifold to the cat. Alternator was replaced (aftermarket). New rear brake shoes. Replaced weather stripping (OEM) on the tailgate and drivers side door. I coated the rear bed with Durabak liner as the carpe was shot.

2003: 2" body lift. All body mounts were replaced at that time. I replaced the timing chain (about 229K) and water pump. Replaced the radiator, hoses, gaskets, etc. New O2 sensor was also put on. Superlift steering stabilizer.

2002 (approx): Replaced front driver fender with new aftermarket (coated with POR15). Miscellaneous rust areas were fixed.

I had intended to recoat the frame and apply an urban camo rattle can paint job. But here is what else needs attention:

1) Rear passenger side frame rail and body mount.
2) There has always been a slight air leak in the lower left hand side of the windshield. I started to address this and cracked the windshield in the uppper left hand corner (about 3" long). The air leak and the molding on the drivers side still needs to be resealed.
3) The truck recently developed an electrical gremlin in that if I leave the battery connected after shutting off the truck the battery will drain. I don't believe this is a difficult issue to fix but one I just haven't played with yet. If I unhook the cables from the battery the battery retains it's charge.
4) Needs a brake line to the rear brakes. I have this but have not installed it. I have a temporary 'patch' on the line.

This truck is located in Buxton, Maine just west of Portland. I'm asking $700 for the truck. I also have a CRB Offroad rear bumper and tire carrier that I bought on Ebay this Spring that I haven't installed that I would sell for
$275. I have a new right side front fender (aftermarket) that I'll include with the truck. The passenger fender doesn't need to be replaced but I bought this at the same time I repleaced the drivers side several years ago.

More pics here:
http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q153/rmacdormand/

I'm probably leaving something out so pleasse ask if interested or send me an email. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails 1987 4Runner-113-1326_img.jpg  
Old 12-17-2006, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 4Runner SR5

Moe photos added to photbucket. Any offers??????????

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q153/rmacdormand/

rmacdormand@hotmail.com