Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

1985 Toyota 4runner for sale CLEAN

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1985 Toyota 4runner for sale CLEAN

Edit 4/24/08
THIS RIG SOLD OVER A YEAR AGO. PLEASE DO NOT CALL ME ON IT ANYMORE.

Loacted in SoCal.

1985 4runner. Obviously its solid axle. 22RE, W56, Top shift case. Bone stock. Its the Unicorn.

133,000 miles. New motor that is incredibly strong installed 8K miles ago. I have documents to prove it. Pacesetter header just installed. It had a partially clogged cat, so I cut it out. I was planning on taking this with me to Colorado when I move later this month which didn't have smog, so I never registered it. It has a clean AZ title, and I also have a carfax on it. No accidents that I can tell, and none on the carfax. I just bought it last week, tuned it up a little, cleaned it up, and am going to flip it before the move. I really don't want to sell it, but its better than making two trips for it.

Its a Deluxe model. It had A/C, but the previous owner pulled it out for some reason. I still have the compressor though and it will go with it. Seats up front are worn, but still comfy. Just needs some seat covers and it would be fine. Rear window still works, headliner in good shape. Perfect build up rig with new motor, and very solid drivetrain. Put an Extreme kit on it, gear it, lock it, dual case it, and its done.

No leaks, GOOD power. In fact out of the four Toyotas I have owned with a 22RE, this one is the strongest one I have driven.

$3000 FIRM. I am in Lake Elsinore, CA and won't take a dime less, so don't ask. Any less and I will just take it with me. You can call me at 949-929-7352.

Last edited by ScottyC; 04-24-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I assume that it is rust free from the pictures, is the frame solid as well. How far from San Fran are you. I live in Maine but have a good friend out there that might come take a look at it for me. I am currently overseas on work but if it looks good i might wire him the money and have him go take a look. How much longer will it be where it is before you take off
Old 03-04-2007, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by 4runnerfanatic
I assume that it is rust free from the pictures, is the frame solid as well. How far from San Fran are you. I live in Maine but have a good friend out there that might come take a look at it for me. I am currently overseas on work but if it looks good i might wire him the money and have him go take a look. How much longer will it be where it is before you take off
Yes rust free. It was a CA rig until it went to AZ in 2003. The frame is solid.

I am also about 8hrs south of San Francisco.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyC
Yes rust free. It was a CA rig until it went to AZ in 2003. The frame is solid.

I am also about 8hrs south of San Francisco.
Well I am very interested in the truck. I looked into what it would cost to transprt it out to Maine where I live and it will be about 1200.00 or so. I am talking to the finance department at home (the fiance) and trying to work out the details right now. You are pretty firm on the price so with freight it is putting the price right up at the very max of what I want to spend. I will be coming through LA on the 22nd of this month, Do you think the truck is up for a 3000 mile trek to Maine? If so there is a few logistical things I would have to figure out as far as getting it registered to drive it across country.
Thanks,
Rick
Old 03-04-2007, 07:25 PM

Well I am very interested in the truck. I looked into what it would cost to transprt it out to Maine where I live and it will be about 1200.00 or so. I am talking to the finance department at home (the fiance) and trying to work out the details right now. You are pretty firm on the price so with freight it is putting the price right up at the very max of what I want to spend. I will be coming through LA on the 22nd of this month, Do you think the truck is up for a 3000 mile trek to Maine? If so there is a few logistical things I would have to figure out as far as getting it registered to drive it across country.
Thanks,
Rick
The tires are a little dry cracked from sitting. I have three spares though. Asking this to make a 3000mi trek is hard say. I would say that yes, it should make it based on how strong the drivetrain is.

It needs an alignment and the tires balanced before I would even think about doing it though.

Also, I am movng to Colorado on March 14th. So, it would need to be picked up before then.

Scotty
www.Toyotaholics.com
Old 03-04-2007, 07:45 PM

The tires are a little dry cracked from sitting. I have three spares though. Asking this to make a 3000mi trek is hard say. I would say that yes, it should make it based on how strong the drivetrain is.

It needs an alignment and the tires balanced before I would even think about doing it though.

Also, I am movng to Colorado on March 14th. So, it would need to be picked up before then.

Scotty
www.Toyotaholics.com
I will let you know tomorrow. I talked to a couple of transport companies and they would be able to pick it up within 7 days of confirmation. I am very interested I am just trying to find a way to save a few bucks if you know what I mean.
Rick
Old 03-04-2007, 07:51 PM

I will let you know tomorrow. I talked to a couple of transport companies and they would be able to pick it up within 7 days of confirmation. I am very interested I am just trying to find a way to save a few bucks if you know what I mean.
Rick
OK. I have a couple other people interested also, so call me when you know for sure. I could also transport it to Windsor, Colorado for a fee as well.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:01 PM

OK. I have a couple other people interested also, so call me when you know for sure. I could also transport it to Windsor, Colorado for a fee as well.
How far from Denver is that. One of my ood friends lives in Denver and would be able to store it at his place until I can get it out there. Or he might be able to bring it home for me.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2007, 08:07 PM

How far from Denver is that. One of my ood friends lives in Denver and would be able to store it at his place until I can get it out there. Or he might be able to bring it home for me.

Thanks
Its only about 60mi north of Denver.

I would have to bring it on my 2nd trip through around April 1st, and you'll need to cover my gas($250-300). If that works, let me know.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:29 PM

Its only about 60mi north of Denver.

I would have to bring it on my 2nd trip through around April 1st, and you'll need to cover my gas($250-300). If that works, let me know.
I think that would work. I will check with the boss and see what she has to say about it. So for 3000 plus the gas you would get it to Colorado? That would give me a good excuse to go visit by buddy in Denver. How will you get it out there? Would you be able to drop it off in Denver or would it be at your place?
Thanks,
Rick
Old 03-04-2007, 09:02 PM

I think that would work. I will check with the boss and see what she has to say about it. So for 3000 plus the gas you would get it to Colorado? That would give me a good excuse to go visit by buddy in Denver. How will you get it out there? Would you be able to drop it off in Denver or would it be at your place?
Thanks,
Rick
I can drop it off if need be. I would flat tow it out there.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:59 AM

Still for sale.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:59 PM

Thanks,
Rick
I take it the boss said no???
Old 03-07-2007, 07:59 AM

Well sort of, I got some more quotes to get it transported from Denver and it was even more expensive than from Cali. For some reason. And I am just not going to have the time while I am home to drive it back. S0 the price of the shipping is really what is holding me back. It is a nice truck and I wish it was closer to me. Good luck and I am sure someone will snatch it up.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:29 PM

I have been driving it all week running errands and stuff. I am still amazed at how much power this one has. At this point, I am fairly certain it would make a cross country run without an issue. The drivetrain is extremely solid. Just balance the tires and go. Oh, and based on calculations, I got 22mpg out of the first full take of gas!

First $3000 take it.

Last edited by ScottyC; 03-07-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:00 PM

Are you near LA? Oops didn't see Lake Elsiore

Last edited by Taco Eater; 03-07-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Taco Eater
Are you near LA? Oops didn't see Lake Elsiore
60mi southeast.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:22 PM

Well unfortunately I am definately not going to be able to buy it now. The Boss's car has finally had enough and I am going to have to use my play money to put a down payment on a new ride for her. I guess one good thing I might be able to drive the new 2005 4runner sport edition occasionaly if she lets me. good luck with the truck. Hopefully when I get enough money saved up again I will find one like it. (hopefully closer to home though)
Old 03-09-2007, 06:19 AM

bttttttttttt
Old 03-10-2008, 09:10 AM

I would like to see it. I will PM you.

Quick Reply: 1985 Toyota 4runner for sale CLEAN