Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

Places to buy tires and rims - Helpful and those to avoid

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive only bought 2 sets of tires and both have been from www.ntwonline.com . they have great customer service and run a different deal every other week. about 4 months ago i ordered 4 super swamper tsl radials on new pro comp 52 black steel wheels with new center caps, lugs, and they mounted and balanced them ( these are for my 2001 isuzu rodeo, 8" of lift , with shipping and all it was right under 1200. i ordered them on a Wednesday at 5pm and got them 11am Friday so overall i was very happy with them for the second time

Last edited by RUSHTOY2; 10-27-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 PM

Jegs website has some really nice black poweder coated D-window rims that are cheap, and last I know, when I ordered, they shipped for free. I got 15x8's at $45.00 a rim. Thats a nice and cheap upgrade. They arent the greatest quality, but for somebody looking for a quick cheap upgrade, check those out.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:46 PM
RSR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been really happy with costco, but then I have a one just a mile away. (Big difference between Firestone -- when comparing Firestone ATs vs Michelin ATs, the Firestones were $32/tire cheaper, but when adding in all of Firestone Service Center's fees for same warranty, etc as Costco provides, the Michelin were just $40 more expensive if you financed your tires on a Firestone card or the Michelin were $10 cheaper if you didn't open yourself up to ridiculous Firestone interest charges (if not paid off in full by bill due date). Full summary of costs here: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f177...79/index2.html).

With Costco you pay for price of tires (with rebates by brand and for each brand at least twice a year of $70 when buying all 4) and $14/tire installation and $1/tire disposal fee.

Some specifics on their service:
-Lifetime flat repair
-Lifetime road hazard protection (prorated tire cost based upon treadwear)
-Free new valve stems upon install
-Free nitrogen inflation (less affected by temperature [good for fuel economy] and you wont have moisture corroding your rims)
-Free lifetime wheel balance
-Free lifetime rotation

When looking for 31x10.5 R15s, I basically came down to Firestone Destination A/T and Michelin LTX A/T2 (the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 isn't available in my size and the only other tire I'd consider based upon review, all of this covered in the link above -- but I also don't have a line on a good Cooper retailer -- Michelin owns BF Goodrich as a subsidiary and their best tires are under Michelin branding [and I think that the BFGs don't stand up to closest competitors in performance, neither BFG tire has effective water evacuation channels either relative to competitors, -- Firestone Destination vs BFG Rugged Terrain T/A, and Michelin A/T vs BFG All Terrain T/A KO]). I went with Michelin due to 1) 60k treadlife warranty (Firestone offered no mileage warranty on the LT High Flotation Tires), 2) price points, and 3) American manufacture. I'm big on head to head matchups when making product decisions...

Last edited by RSR; 05-29-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:02 AM

Interesting read. I have used National wheel for years and years. Not always the best price I do admit and my using them may be a bit of laziness on shopping on my part. BUT I do like them, their prices are in the ball park (generally talking) , the tires are first run tires not always true with every deal you get. Plus they stock about everything in rims and tires, sent to you balanced and in perfect new mounting condition. Good web site to help make decisions and the guys I have dealt with know tires and wheels. I remember years ago I used to buy BFG blems cheap from a local ag place, I asked how and he could do it so cheap when they look perfect to me, he said -and this goes back many years- there were 1st,2nd,3rd run tires. First run are what the standard pricing was based on, 2nd was what everyone sold still charging first run prices, and third run were blem which the shops got cheap and according to him most shops got them in and if the blems were hard to detect, they got sold at first run prices. Not that it makes a tire unsafe if it is a blem, after all many blems are cosmetic. But when compairing its nice to know its red apples to red apples so to speak and that you are getting exactly what you paid for. Of course I do not know any of this is fact today- or 25 years ago for that matter- but I found it worth a mention, and I did buy "blem" tires really cheap and they looked really good. So it seemed he was honest about that. Some one here is an expert (maybe a buyer for a tire shop or similar) and might shed a little light on this?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:12 PM

I use atoztire.com you might need a business to buy from them but it's a really great deal
Old 12-26-2013, 07:14 AM

Costco. I've bought many sets of tires from Costco. They have great prices, good service, if they don't have the tire they will order it, and they fill the tires with NITROGEN.

That to me is worth it.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:15 AM

Bought a full set of tires and wheels from discount tire, first time through them, and was very happy. The sales guy was good and even received a $200 rebate for the package. Did not know how big a tire would fit, so he said lets mount it and check it and if it is to big we will try a diff. size.. The rebate credit cards took about a month to show-up but was verry happy over-all..