Solid Axle Swaps, All Years Anything SAS related

SAS Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool SAS Questions

Well this is my first post to the forum, but i've been lurking around for a while.... Here it goes, I'm building my 88 toyota to have a full width sas, 35's, and a bobbed bed for a daily driver/weekend trail rig. My first question is what springs have you guys been using besides toyota springs, I was thinking about jeep leafs but haven't seen anybody on here with them. Second is does any know where and if anybody sells a high steer kit for a yota sas with chevy axles? Third where are you full width guys getting your front spring hanger and shackles? I have only found that sky mfg is the only place with full width stuff. I would love to see some detailed pics. of chevy sas swaps on these trucks so I can get a better idea of what needs to happen under the truck. If I do go with Toyota springs what size lift springs to i need to run to clear a 35 by alot and maybe put a 38 on for street cruising? 6"? Man i have too many questions that I can't think of at this time ..... Oh yea and my 4" pro-comp lift will be for sale a soon as I get this thing in the air, so be thinking bout that guys that want to keep IFS.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
welcome to the forum, not to sound like a jerk, but a first time post like this probably should have gone in the Newbie tech folder...
some of your questions can be answered here:
Pirate 4x4 Toyota FAQ

Search this folder too: Pirate 4x4 Toyota Truck and 4Runner

ton of great information there and you will find the pictures you are looking for with some effort...but be forwarned newbs get flamed hard over there...

YT is a great source of information too, the search engine here works pretty dang good with a little effort...
Old 07-31-2008, 06:54 PM

Well I just drew a model of what I need, I think i'm just going to build the hanger and order the offset shackles from sky. Here is my model, anything you guys think I should add? It is for full width chevy axles with spring centers of 31".....

Last edited by jeremyfx4; 07-31-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM

drawing parts and making them are two different things.

drawing looks good lets see you weld er up.

Heres my spring combo:
Rear: 63" chevy springs, SEARCH THEM
Front: original 88 pickup rears, mixed with YJ springs.

search on pirate. They offer very good tech there, not that they don't here, but there they aren't "obcessed" with only using toyota parts, and they are more "hardcore". They are very harsh if you post up questions that have been answered millions of times.

this thread is your best friend when you are building a toyota:
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459180
Old 08-06-2008, 05:51 PM

"drawing parts and making them are two different things.

drawing looks good lets see you weld er up."

In my profession you HAVE to know how to weld, i'm not being cocky or anything, but I build plastic injection molds, medical/surgical tools, prostetics, and all kinds of prototype parts. I'm just now getting into the engineering/modeling part of my career so it's kind of fun to model the stuff I want to make. I guess this is kind of a pointless rant, but I have to deal with older guys (which I manage) give me bull all day but at the end of the day i'm mostly right, not all the time, but most of the time. Sorry if i'm sounding arrogant or an ... I understand that I have no reputation here, and you all havent seen my work, but I assure you I am no dumb ass.

Any way Tylerars24 how much lift in the front did you get with the rear springs/yj springs in the front? Were the yj springs lift leafs? I'm looking to get around six inches of lift , I want to be able to stuff 35's and maybe 37's without rubbing.