Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Tierra Del Sol 4x4 club's 44th annual TDS Safari @ Truckhaven

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TJMatt
i was slightly intoxicated during the time of its composition.
Finish what you set out to do. Don't half ass it. Next time have another beer. That might have made things really interesting.

Jared started another thread for us poor guys. I suggest you pop over there, you dirty drunkard.

Last edited by deathrunner; 02-28-2006 at 10:38 AM. Reason: It said "poop" instead of pop, changes teh meaning 100%
Old 02-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gonna check out htis other thread to see whats up. 10,000 is just too many people for me.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:37 AM

Well, I'm really confused by what's transpiring here. I can't work out who's going where. By the wording of some of the posts it appears some people will stay with TDS and others will make campsite elsewhere (see other thread). My understanding from the posts from the start was that most people were intending to go to AB this weekend and wanted to wheel together but not necessarily do the runs that TDS will do - mainly because of the huge line-ups.

So who is actually staying at the TDS site?

Last edited by Expat; 03-01-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Marc and I are planning on camping at TDS friday night. I kinda figured that is where everyone was camping friday night.

As for who's going where, I assumed the payers would go on the safari and the players were doing whatever is decided in the other thread.

Last edited by deathrunner; 03-01-2006 at 11:40 AM. Reason: changes
Old 03-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Contributing Member

I'd like to stay at TDS the first night to sort of meet everybody, but I have no intention of staying there to run trails.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:56 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dfireballd
I'd like to stay at TDS the first night to sort of meet everybody, but I have no intention of staying there to run trails.
Same here.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by TJMatt
Expat- I in no way am trying to start a Yotatech tussle over this event. My reply was in short to Dennis Dawg about people trying to "crash the party." I was just slightly offended from his post and i felt a small ammount of hostility was directed toward those of us who cannot afford this event. I was probably wrong about this as i look back now.
I directed no hostility toward anyone, just information and my view on what is proper in relation to the event put on by TDS and the fees. I fully understand that for any particular thing, the cost of that may be difficult for any individual to afford. There are a lot of things I’d like to be able to have or attend but simply do not have the funds to do so. It is regrettable but it is just the way it works.

I understand that some folks are going to go down to Anza Borrego this weekend and not be part of TDS. Your tax dollars pay for Anza Borrego to exist and you’ve every right to be there and enjoy it. It is one of my very favorite places in California and I encourage you to go and have fun, see the geology, the plants and the animals. It is a wonderful place.

I hope to see some or all of you at the TDS camp area on Saturday AM. The areas that you are planning to run (at least from this thread) Fonts -> Arroyo Salado -> Tule -> Pumpkin Patch -> Ocotillo Wells and beyond are great fun! I lead the run from there down to Split Mountain and Fish Canyon in November so go slow to see it all.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by deathrunner
How much is this run. One of my friend said it's like 70 bucks. But now one of my buddies says it's like 20. If it's that cheap I could probably swing it. I've never been out there (or at least it's been a while) so I'd rather run with a group.
Pre-registration was $45.00 registration @ TDS is $60.00. Well worth the investment, plus you have the chance to win some of the thousands of $$$$ worth of off road parts and accessories.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Expat
Well, I'm really confused by what's transpiring here. I can't work out who's going where. By the wording of some of the posts it appears some people will stay with TDS and others will make campsite elsewhere (see other thread). My understanding from the posts from the start was that most people were intending to go to AB this weekend and wanted to wheel together but not necessarily do the runs that TDS will do - mainly because of the huge line-ups.

So who is actually staying at the TDS site?

Mark,
You know where I'll be. I'll call you tomorrow when we hit the road. We are running TDS Sat. morning. But after, there's plenty to do. Also, Sunday is a free day to do anything you want.
One thing about some of these guys on this site though, although I'm sure that they're all a bunch of upstanding and outstanding people, I'm really sick of this "poor man" ˟˟˟˟˟! There are non of us that are too "poor" to attend this event. If we can all afford to put the money that we all put in our trucks, and afford the gas, what the hell is $45- 60.00? And I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade either, but come on people. If you don't want to part of this great event, don't go.
The Anza Borrego area and other off road areas are open to everyone. TDS has this particular trail system reserved for the weekend. And they do this for all of us!

And one last thing, there are probably almost as many Toyota's at TDS as there are Jeeps. Now you have my two cents.

I'm going to have fun and have a great experience, and hopefully not break anything. I look forward to meeting up with you Mark and Dennis.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by my034runner
Mark,
You know where I'll be. I'll call you tomorrow when we hit the road. We are running TDS Sat. morning. But after, there's plenty to do. Also, Sunday is a free day to do anything you want.
Try not to start in the AM without me! I'll not get there until Sat AM and have to go through registration and inspection . . . got your cell!

Don't leave me to be ynaks be Jeeps! Ahhhhhh.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by DennisDawg
Try not to start in the AM without me! I'll not get there until Sat AM and have to go through registration and inspection . . . got your cell!

Don't leave me to be ynaks be Jeeps! Ahhhhhh.

We'll see you there.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:48 AM
Contributing Member

Josh has a camp area set up gps cords are -

n33deg 17'19.2" w116deg 00'49.4"

See you guys out there!!
Old 03-03-2006, 05:44 AM

I have to bail out of this trip, bummed out. Have to take my dog in for surgery on Sat.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:11 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Marc P

See you guys out there!!

Thanks for the coordinates. See you all out there (saturday morning).
Old 03-03-2006, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Marc P

See you guys out there!!

Here it is on Google maps, for all of you without GPS.

campsite