Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

June 14 weekend, Colorado trip plans

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question June 14 weekend, Colorado trip plans

Does anyone have trip plans for this weekend? I'm thinking of joining the Rising Sun club for their Spring Creek run on Sunday (details from their site below), but I'm open to other ideas. Does anyone want to come along, too? (Darren maybe?)

Father's Day Four Wheeling:
Annual Father's day four wheeling run up Spring Creek Trail. Meet at the McDonald's at the Evergreen Parkway (Hwy 74) exit 252 on I-70 at 9:00AM. CB channel 4. Difficulty: moderate, can be done in a stock Land Cruiser with a good driver. Bring you father, kids, it's a family thing! Bring lunch, and a camera! Trail itself should be 4-6 hours long. Trail leader Jeff Zepp
Old 06-13-2003, 01:17 PM

Mike,

I've got Father's day family stuff to do this weekend - but I'm tossing around the idea of a day run on the 21st (next saturday) - would that interest you (or anyone) at all?

John
Old 06-13-2003, 01:42 PM

Yeah, I might. But we're thinking about going up as spectators for the Kremmling Crawl . If we go, we probably will camp for the weekend. The Crawl web site says there's "many OHV trails to explore" up there, so if the competition gets boring, it might be fun to take off for a little while. I e-mailed to ask if they have a schedule of events and for more details about the camping situation. I'll post the information I get.

I recommend you start a new thread for next weekend so we can consider options.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:06 PM
Contributing Member

I'm leaving tomorrow to join the folks at Steamboat Lake for the week and not sure if I'll come back next Friday or sometime over the weekend. And actually, I was just thinking about Spring Creek. Those pictures from your guys run up there last year looked awesome. I didn't know how high that was, but that is great that it is open. I definitely have that on the to do list.

John, if you were wanting to do a trip next weekend, would you just plan on a day trip, or would you consider camping somewhere? Or, do you always motel it? Tell the "banana" to toughen up! We'll see how this unfolds tonight as far as where and for how long.

I'm really not sure if I would do a trip next weekend or not anyway. If I come back from my camping trip early, then I will probably try to hook up with Lance ("Bighead") who got my twin rear bumper and will be traveling out to get it. Too many choices!
Old 06-13-2003, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am headed south, otherwise I would be game.

Glad to see you made it here Mike!

What about a feeler for the 20th of July, something near Denver? I know it is a long way off, but my dates are filling up fast!

What is the Kremling Krawl?

I am still toying with the idea of camping at Penrose and watching buggies for a weekend, but that is up in the air.
Old 06-13-2003, 03:36 PM

Our calandar is open. So if you want, we can plan to do a run that weekend (and maybe get Scott Y. to come with us). Alternatively, a camping trip/wheeling trip near Breckenridge would be fun. There's some cool trails that go above tree line up there with really spectacular scenery. (see photos )

Check out the Kremling Krawl link above. It's an amateur rock-crawl event
Old 06-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Banned

Weekends off are few and far between for me lately. I'll be lucky to get one off a month and this month its the 28th for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. 800 horsepower race cars + narrow twisty dirt road with 3000 foot drop offs = great family entertainment in my book.