FJ Cruiser 2007 & on

f.j. v.s. jeep rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ford makes "domestic" cars built in mexico.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AxleIke
Ford makes "domestic" cars built in mexico.
Please don't use the "F" word...jk...I guess america really is going into the crapper after all ...and I liked it just the way it was...what would Reagan do???
Old 08-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by stormin94
what would Reagan do???
I'm not sure, but you can bet that if you put that on some colored rubber wrist band, and sold em, you'd make bank!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure, but you can bet that if you put that on some colored rubber wrist band, and sold em, you'd make bank!
Done. Thanks for the money!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:35 PM

Check this from an owner of both a Jeep and FJ, he is a climber and need a vehicle to get him there and back (Dow Williams of Summitpost.com):

".that being said, the FJ, AGAIN, is nothing more than Toyota's answer to the Jeep Wrangler people...both are short, both have only 2 conventional doors/windows and have high clearance for a reason, both have auto traction which is quite the new invention for you antique collectors...the FJ is extremely family "unfriendly"...Peter, bitch all you want about the old cruisers name being mudded, but the FJ will kick their ass climbing cliffs in Moab...that is when I first spotted one, before they were being sold....I hung out with Toyota employees whose job it was to win 4x4 comps with these things in direct match up with after market jeep set ups.....and they were doing it...now I own both the jeep and FJ and have to say in rugged terrain, tires being equal, prob the vehicle with the best driver wins....in any regard....whoever said the FJ is not an SUV is correct....of course I see folks going to the grocery store with them, just as I do....and I am sure some city folks buy them, just like they do Jeep Wranglers, with no 4x4 plans....but they are made for 4x4 period...the interior is made to be "hosed" out....have no idea why jeep put carpet on the floor, but they did...FJ made one plastic mold basically...the seats could not be more cheap...tear them up, who cares...they come right out....and it definitely was not made to sleep in or haul all your friends around town....although I know people who sleep in them when they get kicked out of the house....I don't go 4x4ing for the sake of 4x4ing...but in the ####s (which means Ghost Wilderness in the Canadian Rockies for me), I want the FJ over the jeep....and I sure better not have Peter's 20yr+ old truck (unless Peter is with me), because I suck at mechanics.....it stops, I stop....cheers"

Elsewhere he compared the engines and prefered the FJ.

Last edited by Roadtripr; 08-08-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Good honest review by the guy.

This is why they have the 3 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams touring the country to show folk's what the FJ can do.

And I dig the fact that there is not one ounce of carpet in my rig.
Makes it so easy to clean up.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:41 PM

yep pretty honest

I wish my runner had no carpet sometime, but I would rather have the FJ engine and A-trac before that
Old 08-24-2007, 08:35 AM

You're kidding....right?

Originally Posted by Belize Off Road Team
WHY DO SOCCER MOMS/CURB CRAWLERS buy 4x4 vehicles????? when minivans better suit their needs????? because my dear friends, 4x4 suvs have more ground clearance so they can run a curb to get to the store first. and why do women seem to love the 4runners? cause they have soooo much grocery holding ability! i personally believe that there should be like a LAW that you cant buy a 4WD off road ready vehicle and only use it to tae kids to school/games and to go bloody shopping, it is rather anoying to see a FJ Cruiser all tricked out and ready to rock climb and theres a woman in it with kids in uniforms and groceries in the back! GET A MINIVAN OR RAV4 something that is NOT designed to go down the rubicon trail, you know! the last time my 4Runner was at a mall, was when the previous owner(1st owner) used i JUST for what i just sayed! she never once saw a dirt road!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Belize,

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you've never been around a girl (soccer mom etc) that actually *gets the whole 4x4* thing? I mean, truly understands the need to get off the pavement...

I had my choice of anything I wanted to get and I went with the FJ. I also have a 2001 Jeep that's lifted and has Mud Rovers *that is STRICTLY mine*- my husband has a totally tricked out '05 Infinity G35 - he's into the go fast cars - I'm into the let me see what I can climb next cars.

I agree that there are plenty of people (and let me clarify there - I do mean Gentlemen also) that simply like the *look* and hey, that's ok as long as they stay outta the way...

But really - you need to be careful when generalizing - just because I wear heels doesn't mean I can't climb

p.s. You were right on one thing however...it does make parking at the mall mucho simpler.

p.s.s. I love Belize.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:59 PM

I'm trading my '06 Rubicon Unlimited (the longer version) for my FJ. Gimme a month or so to break it in and I'll let you know which I think was better off the lot.

My 2 biggest dislikes for using the Jeep as a daily driver was the lack of power onroad and totally unusable space in the rear. I don't need to haul a bunch of people around, but I would like to be able to grab a tool bag out of the backseat without having to crawl back there on my hands and knees.

IMO the FJ addresses both issues well. I just wish the waistline of the FJs was a bit lower. I'm going to have to make some brackets to raise the front seats up a bit to get rid of that driving a bathtub feeling. At least there's plenty of headroom to work with.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BobKid
I'm trading my '06 Rubicon Unlimited (the longer version) for my FJ. Gimme a month or so to break it in and I'll let you know which I think was better off the lot.

My 2 biggest dislikes for using the Jeep as a daily driver was the lack of power onroad and totally unusable space in the rear. I don't need to haul a bunch of people around, but I would like to be able to grab a tool bag out of the backseat without having to crawl back there on my hands and knees.

IMO the FJ addresses both issues well. I just wish the waistline of the FJs was a bit lower. I'm going to have to make some brackets to raise the front seats up a bit to get rid of that driving a bathtub feeling. At least there's plenty of headroom to work with.
How much do you want for your Unlimited? Any Pics?
Old 11-16-2007, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by nieuwendyk-25
How much do you want for your Unlimited? Any Pics?
The only pic I have online is this old one from before I put added armor and the OME 3" lift with 33" tires on it. I'd had it 2 weeks and decided to wheel it bone stock to see what armor it needed before I did anything.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aparantly americans don't like american cars. Toyota is number 1. Wonder why that could be?

I'd rather line the pockets of a rich japanese man than a rich american man any day. Why? Because the rich japanese man is building trucks and cars that last and work. The rich american man is stealing my money and leaving me with a decroded piece of crap.

As for jobs, there are actual data that say that Toyota employs more americans than Ford, GM or Chevy. Toyota builds new plants in america while the others are firing people right and left. Hmmmm. Interesting.
somebody brought this back from the dead, so I'll keep it going i guess, anyways.....

One funny note that I heard a few months back, this was right at the beginning of the nascar season (it's what I watch when I want to take a nap), this being the first year for toyota racing in the Nextel Cup (formerly the Winston cup), I guess that the last time a non-American company had it's car raced in the series was back in the 50' or 60's with MG or Midget or some crap,
anyways the funny part: The Toyota Camry was the only car model being raced that is actually made in a America ( I know that the car they race have absolutely no parts in common with the actual car, but it's what they represent)

I would buy a toyota over anything made by the big 3 anyday of the week, no matter where it's made

peace