FJ Cruiser 2007 & on

Demello's FJ Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 02:01 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Demello's FJ Cruiser

Sliderz, supercharger, and Donahue front end stuff.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38559

Close up of the sliderz
http://www.demello-offroad.com//cata...09th%20020.jpg
Old 06-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's...sweet (big understatement)!!

I want some numbers on that URD supercharger...Weee!
Old 06-20-2006, 02:14 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

I would be very interested in the clamps for the Hi-Lift jack he mentions for the stock roof rack.

Superchargers though do not interest me, although I think they are cool.
I am an old man, I do not need to go fast

There sure is a lot of FJC stuff hitting the market.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Corey
I would be very interested in the clamps for the Hi-Lift jack he mentions for the stock roof rack.

Superchargers though do not interest me, although I think they are cool.
I am an old man, I do not need to go fast

There sure is a lot of FJC stuff hitting the market.
As a 4Runner owner with the same platform as the FJ, let me say:

I welcome our FJ cruiser mass producing overlords!!
Old 06-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

I surf over on i8hmuds FJC section too, and you ought to see the FJC stuff coming out.

Swingaway rear bumpers, the one for the Ulimate Adventure FJ looks good.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=97030
Old 06-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Contributing Member

Are they coming out w/ a ton of items for the new FJ's as the FJ's are only being purchased by the true offroad community vs. the soccer moms that buy the 4runners? It's pretty interesting to see how much stuff is already out and the stuff that's in the works for a truck that barely came out.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:41 AM
Contributing Member

Lookin pretty damn SWEET! I love it Jason always pulls thru w/ some of the best stuff on the market!! WOOT!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Good Times
Lookin pretty damn SWEET! I love it Jason always pulls thru w/ some of the best stuff on the market!! WOOT!
I talked to him today. He said he posted that TTORA post last night. I guess when he got in this morning, Rick was like, "WTF did you do last night, the phone's been ringing off the hook". Jason was thinking, "uh oh, I better get to work".

Those FJ guys are like kids in a candy store.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Contributing Member

Just owners with deep pockets!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:13 PM

Thanks guys! We have been working on getting stuff out there for the FJ I have just been slow about getting stuff on it. Look for more in the near future!
Old 06-21-2006, 12:37 AM

Cool FJc I've ever seen...Just wondered...URD..develped supercharger? or modified from other SC company?....How much Hp and torque gained? 0-62mph time??? 1/4 mile time?? do you have Dyno test result with chart? I know it's not build for race or is it? but anyway I wanna know..^ ^

sorry asked too many..
Thx
Old 06-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's really great to see all the aftermarket support for the new FJ. Not to tick anyone off, but the 4th gen 4Runner has gone to the soccer mom crowd like ebelen1 said. Sad to see. Now that the FJ is here, it will be sad to see the (new) 4Runner go by the wayside. But I am glad to see a new Toyota that is off-road capable out of the box & the tremendous response to it by the 4x4 community. This FJ is going to be huge in a few more years, wait & see.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by mkool
Cool FJc I've ever seen...Just wondered...URD..develped supercharger? or modified from other SC company?....How much Hp and torque gained? 0-62mph time??? 1/4 mile time?? do you have Dyno test result with chart? I know it's not build for race or is it? but anyway I wanna know..^ ^

sorry asked too many..
Thx
No numbers yet, they are still playing with it. I believe today It gets a computer change and a tube replacement. Once it's been on for a little while I will take it to the track and see what it does. I'm not building this thing for racing but it's fun to know what it does.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by mkool

sorry asked too many..
Thx
Here is a link to a dyno chart with just a smidge more boost then we ship them with.

http://gadgetonline.com/URD%201GR%20FI.jpg

On my 05 XRunner the truck dynoed 209 RWHP stock and the 6 PSI system made 305 RWHP.

This is a URD kit. We use the super high tech and super efficent ROTREX supercharger that is imported from Denmark and we adapt it to the 1GR engine and include our own URD Performance Calibration Unit to tune it all in. The system uses a water to air intercooler system to cool the charge air.

There is a ton of info about it on this CT thread.

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63397

There are some pictures of the prototype on the www.URDUSA.com site. The production version is all powder coated in wrinkle black to match the stock intake system better. It looks really sharp.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Gadget
Old 06-21-2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gadget
Here is a link to a dyno chart with just a smidge more boost then we ship them with.

http://gadgetonline.com/URD%201GR%20FI.jpg

On my 05 XRunner the truck dynoed 209 RWHP stock and the 6 PSI system made 305 RWHP.

This is a URD kit. We use the super high tech and super efficent ROTREX supercharger that is imported from Denmark and we adapt it to the 1GR engine and include our own URD Performance Calibration Unit to tune it all in. The system uses a water to air intercooler system to cool the charge air.

There is a ton of info about it on this CT thread.

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63397

There are some pictures of the prototype on the www.URDUSA.com site. The production version is all powder coated in wrinkle black to match the stock intake system better. It looks really sharp.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Gadget
THanks for posting that info.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1985 4Runner
It's really great to see all the aftermarket support for the new FJ. Not to tick anyone off, but the 4th gen 4Runner has gone to the soccer mom crowd like ebelen1 said. Sad to see. Now that the FJ is here, it will be sad to see the (new) 4Runner go by the wayside. But I am glad to see a new Toyota that is off-road capable out of the box & the tremendous response to it by the 4x4 community. This FJ is going to be huge in a few more years, wait & see.
While I largely agree with you and everyone else on this point you have to keep in mind that the reason there were some many parts available so quickly for the FJ is because they are 4runner parts. The only thing that has been faster to come has been trail armor.

It is unfortunate that they don't offer a package for the 4runner with the e-locker and the new a-trac, they would probably sell a lot of them even if they were expensive. Not everyone that has a use for a locker wants a plastic floor and suicide rear doors, just look at the Landcruiser. I personally would buy an e-locker, a-trac equipped 06 4runner limited long before an FJ, my wife would actually drive it and you can cruise in luxury.

I do hope that Toyota takes notice of the FJ crowd that is actively modding their brandnew vehicles, this could mean that Toyota will start to bring more of an off-road offering to the plate!
Old 06-22-2006, 04:08 PM

Hi lift mounts

Our Hi lift jack mounts are now ready for your 2007 Roof Rack. Pictures and info can be found on TTORA. I will post a few pics but there are more on TTORA. http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthrea...794#post456794
Attached Thumbnails Demello's FJ Cruiser-june-9th-034.jpg   Demello's FJ Cruiser-hilift-mounts.jpg  
Old 06-22-2006, 04:52 PM

With the arrival of the FJ I wonder if the 4runner will go the way of the pathfinder and get independent rear suspension in the next generation

50% increase with the URD blower, impressive!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Roadtripr
With the arrival of the FJ I wonder if the 4runner will go the way of the pathfinder and get independent rear suspension in the next generation

50% increase with the URD blower, impressive!
I remeber when the Hilander came out I hoped the 4runner would go back to it's routes I guess I was wrong. I think the current 4runner is a beast under that soccer mom flexy panel stuff! Guys like Lance, Jared and few others have proved that.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:13 AM

A friend looked at the 4runner but chose the Highlander for its better ride (she only needed it to carry the family around). So as you said the option is there for those who want a carlike ride. I hope they don't screw with the 4runner to get more people towards it like they did with the Pathfinder (turned into an almost minivan looking vehicle). Let hope they stay true to their roots.
I agree there are some awesome 4th gens out there as you mention (I have seen at least one of them in action).

Last edited by Roadtripr; 06-23-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Demello's FJ Cruiser