General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Spray lined my LandCruiser

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off- Sorry! I thought I had answered everyone in this thread.

Originally Posted by 93yotaSR5
so i just scrolled through the pictures of the Land Cruiser, and I nutted in my pants.
i want to spray my 93 that color so bad. i was already thinking of doing that color.... now im leaning toward that method
Go for it! Go to our website and check it out! (Not that I'm biased toward where you buy the Al's. Support the little guys!! ) PM me if you decide to do it.

Originally Posted by poynter
So whats the liner project total$$ ?? if you dont mind.
For the LC, it was 3 gallons. We sell a 3 gallon kit with a spray gun for $352.00 + Shipping. If you don't want the gun, it's $297.

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
Im really leaning on doing this. my truck is scratched to hell from all the brush i've driven through. :/ I need to get my gears/lockers done first though. but yeah, i'd totally do the gray instead of tan... maybe do my bumpers black as well have you had any UV damage to the color yet? has it faded?
No UV damage at all. From Al's Website:
Originally Posted by Al's Liner
Does Al's Liner have a warranty?
We warranty Al's Liner to not deteriorate or degrade in any way. The warranty does not cover physical damage and the application is up to the applicator. If you do not mix it properly or prep the surface correctly, that falls under the applicator. Be sure to read the mix and spray instructions carefully.
Originally Posted by INFINITY
bump for answers. ps i love it. going to do a couple of vehicles like this soon.
Thanks for the bump!

Originally Posted by HighLux
What a beast. Looks like something you could hunt Lions out of!
Or Ligers.

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
bump for an update whats it looking like now? hows the paint holding up?
It's holding up great! I leaned into a tree which put a dark spot in the liner, but that was easily solved by some scrubbing. It must have just been sap.

Last edited by Ardent; 09-15-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
still have wood!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:40 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Im definitely considering doing this to my 4runner... lol but more in a two tone... was gonna do the entire truck gray, with black on the bumpers and other armor pieces. as well as the bottom half of the doors, and fender flares ( when i have them )
Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 AM

More Questions

Ok more questions. I went to your page and I want to order the Tan however it is asking about Rubber Granules, LMR, & Flattening. I want my texture, thickness, and look to be identical to yours could you post what options you went with exactly?

Also I have short bed 82' Hilux no camper shell and only doing the outside and I am wondering if I can get away with just 2 gallons?

Thanks,

Jeremy C. McDonald
Old 02-05-2011, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
another bump for you. also what did you use to pre clean after the sanding before the primer? DN alcohol or lac. thinner?
Old 02-07-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by jcm151
Ok more questions. I went to your page and I want to order the Tan however it is asking about Rubber Granules, LMR, & Flattening. I want my texture, thickness, and look to be identical to yours could you post what options you went with exactly?

Also I have short bed 82' Hilux no camper shell and only doing the outside and I am wondering if I can get away with just 2 gallons?

Thanks,

Jeremy C. McDonald
Sorry I missed your ?s. All I used was the liner and the spray gun. No other options. With a pickup, you'll want to spray the liner much thicker in the bed so 3 gals is probably needed.

Originally Posted by INFINITY
another bump for you. also what did you use to pre clean after the sanding before the primer? DN alcohol or lac. thinner?
Tack cloth and mineral spirits. Anything that will remove oil and dirt without leaving a residue should work fine.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Paint looks good and is functional! Very good choice.