General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Opinon: what color?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinon: what color?

Okay so I though my yota was one of those european rally cars on this long winding gravel road. long story short a bridge jumped right in the middle of the road.

I made out okay, b/c I only broke the pass side outside tie-rod end, bumper, and no bones. A good balance and rotate and she's good as new. Minus the factory bumper that was way to out of shape to bend back.

Today i got bored and pulled the dent out, kinda. I'm satisfied with the way the dent came out, but I want to put some stripes, old school yota style, to hide the craked up paint that's on it now, before it starts to rust.

Any hint/tips on color, paint type/brand, or style of strip would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Opinon: what color?-sany0637.jpg   Opinon: what color?-sany0638.jpg   Opinon: what color?-sany0639.jpg  
Old 03-22-2009, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need to sand and feather out the paint cracks before you can paint over it. If you dont the paint over top will crack too and rust will form as temp changes cause expansion and contraction of your base layers of paint. If your trying to do it on the cheap home depot rattle cans will kinda work. Use a primer. If ya want the good stuff Dupont Imron is one of the tougher paints I have seen, Or ya could tape off at that body line and schutz on some bedliner. As for the color you chould check out other rigs to get a feel for what ya like with that silver. We are all so different (even when I want to think we are all the same) that I wouldn't know what your taste is but ya can't go wrong with black.