General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

gas spraying up out of carb on heavy throttle

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gas spraying up out of carb on heavy throttle

i reworded the title to try to get any "hits" on my trouble. 85 22r pickup it looses power or stalls out as soon as you get into the secondary throttle and it also diesels so bad you have to kill it in gear. i have checked almost everything. hears my diagnosis so far. compression #175 all 4, the timing with a light and checking anually is correct, it starts fine.new plugs wires, changed the carb with a different one with the same results other than it didn't seem to diesel as bad, changed the fuel pump, checked for loose or improper routing of vac hoses, changed the fuel filter cleaned and checked the pcv valve diconnected the egr valve and removed the pipe running to the intake"it was completly blocked with carbon and no exhaust comes out of the egr valve.checked the resistant specs on the distributer and coil and also tried a different coil. the fuel level in the sight glass remains level. like i say when you open the throttle wide open with the air cleaner on it will definitly stall out as it covers the air cleaner top with gas. if you have the air cleaner off and open it by hand you can then see how bad the spray of gas is coming up and out of the carb. it also is really loud and a"crackling" sound coming from inside the carb. the only thing i have yet to do is check the exhaust for blockage as the muffler does have a rattle but it seems to blow out the tailpipe. sorry for the the yada yada details. thanks
Old 04-29-2006, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same problem, did you fix it yet?