Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Where to install and buy lift kids for Toyota 4runner 2000

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tracey98277
i know right? like do people even take a second look at what they typed?
Sorry for the type error. It is hard knowing to type the right word when English is not my first language. Special car and part also not my nature. My boyfriend idea to put in a bigger tire which a pair in the back are already install but not the front. I left driving 2 size of tires on my truck with have no way to turn for months and no one to ask of what I need to get this done. Forget about asking him to do it because it always “I have no time”. I went to ask around about what is I need to be done and all the car part term that I have no idea came out from expert and I don't understand. What is coil, what is lift kits (kids), what different between lift a truck VS change suspension or there are the same things!! People look at me funny and this is not the first time. Because at the end of the day, I am driving this truck and my own safety which soon my little nephew from over sea will visit me and I am very concern taking him up the coast and snow mountain. Sorry if I irritate anyone and thanks for helping.

By the way, does anyone have a better comparison between “Pro Comp”, “Bilstein” or other company strut that I should use.. for front struts of my 4 runner? Also, when I lift my front to fit the new tires then should I lift the back too to make it even?

Last edited by pat4runner; 12-11-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:32 AM

By the way, does anyone have a better comparison between “Pro Comp”, “Bilstein” or other company strut that I should use.. for front struts of my 4 runner? Also, when I lift my front to fit the new tires then should I lift the back too to make it even?

The other word what brand of strut have a better quality?

Last edited by pat4runner; 12-11-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where are you from? that may be an issue with some places being able to ship parts to you.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by olharleyman
Where are you from? that may be an issue with some places being able to ship parts to you.
I am in Berkeley, California. My boyfriend have Bilstein on his Tacoma but the sell person at the lift shop said my 4 Runner is a lot heavy than Tacoma and "Pro Comp" would be better choice for my front strut and shock in the back. The lift shop have "Pro Comp" in stock but Bilstein is back order for a while. I not mind either company or any company that make good product. I really need to get it done sometime next week or before Holidays.

Please advice.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt90V6SR5
Those damn lift kids at it again? running around randomly lifting stuff! mass hysteria,dogs and cats sleeping together!
hahahahaha holy crap.l i needed that laugh. man that was probably the funniest sentence ive seen on here. man good stuff
Old 12-14-2009, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol,you see that Lift kids pic above? Im still laughing at that one,the look on that kids face is hilarious.Almost like oh geez what do you want me to lift now.