Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Lifting my T100

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lifting my T100

Hello all, New member and currently deployed in Afghanistan flying Medevac. I have a stock 98 T100 3.4 auto and plan to put a 4" kit on when I return. I'm looking at the ProComp kit as I've used one of their kits in the past. I need to know what doesn't come with the kit that I'll need i.e. different offset wheels modified driveshafts, etc. Would love feed back both pro and con on this choice. I'm a trail guy so I don't need anything too radical just enough clearance to get through the rough stuff and snow in the winter. I'll be running 33's and wondering what gear ratio would be the best on/off road combo.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:54 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Probably be easiest to read the Pro Comp site or call them when you return as I'm sure their install instructions tell you all this info.

Regearing with 3.4 and 33s unnecessary IMO.

Welcome to Yotatech

Old 09-03-2010, 05:16 AM

Thank's I've gone to the procomp site and posted my questions but haven't received a reply. I assume they get questions like mine by the thousands so I was hoping I could get feed back from those that have actually installed this lift. I've come across threads that mentioned the need the install TB extenders and the LS blocks are a no go. Thanks again.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:40 AM

Does anyone have a ProComp 4" lift on their T100

I'm looking at installing a ProComp 4" kit on my T100 . Has anyone done it and can you tell me what I'll need that the kit doesn't provide i.e. drive shaft mods, TB's, offset wheels. Finally would you recommend it or something else?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Merged.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:19 PM

i have a procomp 4" kit works like a champ have broke anything but i blew my diff apart again. no fault of pro comp. just my style of wheeling.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:20 PM

Thanks, I've had a Procomp before. Besides new wheels, will I need anything else, i.e. shims to align the diff., drive shaft mods, etc. Also would you recommend 4" springs instead of the blocks provided. I've heard the blocks create axle wrap on toyota's.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
go springs.

Blocks=NO BUENO!

what's TB....cuz that's goin over my head at 2am lol
Old 09-15-2010, 02:26 AM

Sorry, thought TB was standard shorthand for torsion bars. My truck has 250K+ miles on it and I'm considering getting a set of beefier swayaway TB's and 4" leaf pack. Hopefully this will keep the street ride as stable as can be with a 4" lift. Auburn limited slip or electric locker, what the real world pros and cons for a trail rig?

Regards, Caliyota
Old 09-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Contributing Member

I have a 4 inch pro-comp stage 2 kit on my 91 pickup which is essentially the same suspension, yours is just wider. Going with new sways is only going to help but I think there are a few choices out there. I have Downeys, but they aren't available any more so I think OME or sway a way is your best bet. You'll have to have diff offset wheels bc the upper control arms will now be past the wheel rim with the spacer. Go springs if you can, whomever you buy the springs from can help with the shim degrees. Not sure about the T100 but on my truck 4:88s are ideal for 33's. Consider replacing your sway bar bushings to poly if you plan on keeping it, helps a lot on the street. I'm going with disconnects at some point. Also inspect all the steering components for wear since you've got a lot of miles (idler arm, tierods, etc...) and replace as you see fit and can afford...

PS: Thanks for your service...
Old 09-15-2010, 09:15 AM

Thanks for the post, I'll go with poly bushings when I do the lift. I'm sure with the miles I have its time to replace all bushings. I'm told when going from stock 31" to 33" tires on a T100 I can get away with the current diff ratio. I'll see how that goes and upgrade when I install an LSD or locker.

Regards, Caliyota
Old 09-15-2010, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by caliyota
Hello all, New member and currently deployed in Afghanistan flying Medevac. I have a stock 98 T100 3.4 auto and plan to put a 4" kit on when I return. I'm looking at the ProComp kit as I've used one of their kits in the past. I need to know what doesn't come with the kit that I'll need i.e. different offset wheels modified driveshafts, etc. Would love feed back both pro and con on this choice. I'm a trail guy so I don't need anything too radical just enough clearance to get through the rough stuff and snow in the winter. I'll be running 33's and wondering what gear ratio would be the best on/off road combo.

caliyota; you take care of yourself in the sandbox. I don't know if you ever made any Medevac's for our Canadian troops but if you have...thanks! God Speed.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by michael1963
caliyota; you take care of yourself in the sandbox. I don't know if you ever made any Medevac's for our Canadian troops but if you have...thanks! God Speed.
X2 Caliyota. I got High school bud's over there...Best of luck to ya! I'll pop a for ya later tonight!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 PM

Thanks Guys, I'll never take a cold beer for granted ever again. I'm working out of a small camp called Victory (Regional Command West) just south of Herat. Hours and hours of monotony interrupted by moments of intense excitement. Thanks for the input, it's a small world hopefully our paths cross one day.

Regards, caliyota
Old 09-16-2010, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by caliyota
Thanks Guys, I'll never take a cold beer for granted ever again. I'm working out of a small camp called Victory (Regional Command West) just south of Herat. Hours and hours of monotony interrupted by moments of intense excitement. Thanks for the input, it's a small world hopefully our paths cross one day.

Regards, caliyota
Roger that...most of our troops are in RC South. Some of my Signals troops hang out with some of the American troops in Kandahar. Hopefully our paths will cross one day, that would be a good thing. Take care.