03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

Finally ! A production 4th Gen lift !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One more time. If this doesn't work, could someone please help me?? Very comp ignorant to say the least.
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2003, 11:13 AM

Ok, I give up...I'll talk to my roomate later about getting the pics in. Sorry.

Billy
Old 10-21-2003, 02:00 PM

Height info

I was just out at the shop visiting my runner and measured 37.75" from the ground to the bottom of fender in the rear, and 36.25" in the front. I never measured it at stock height, so if one of you who is stock and has 265/70R17's (same height tire as my 285/65's) a measurement would be very helpful for for me better estimate the gains. We have to decided to make brackets to mount a second set of new shocks outside the coil at each corner of the vehicle for added stiffness, and support. I know I should have measured from the center of the wheel up, but that will have to come another day. I can promise pics soon. We have run into a few problems here and there, but at the very latest, next mon or tues the setup should be complete. It is fully air adjustable from stock to where it ends up (around 2.5" higher I'm guessing). What is the biggest tire you think I could pack in there? Any input and measurements are always greatly appreciated...especially the stock height one for comparison.

Billy
Old 10-21-2003, 02:05 PM
Contributing Member

Billy:

If you were able to successfully get atleast 2-2.5" in the front, then I believe you should be able to fit some 33"s Ofcoutse some trimming is required.

My plans were to get 2.5" in the front and about 2.25" in the rear (just to level it out) and stuff 285/75/16's in there as I don't want 17"s on my ride. Since you already have 17"s, I'm not sure what tires are available for you.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:16 PM

One more-

After re-reading your questions, I saw goodtimes asked about the supercharger. That is the next and final phase. Have a couple of sources @ under $4K. Nitrous has been thought about often, but I don't know enough about it to decide. Traction and sway bars are also being upgraded. I want to get it into the high 13's???? in the quarter, or at least that is my hope. Believe what you want. Proof will be posted soon, and honestly, I haven't even told you guys 1/10th of the story that got it to its present state...3 10W7's gone bad, 3 XTANT 1001's caught on fire along the fan, 3 fried earthquake amps, etc, etc, etc, etc, failed school papers due to Runner work....but all worth it. Hang with me here and she'll be up soon, just gotta figure out how to use my digital, I tried to post a couple pics of my 02 Lightning, but couldn't get them any bigger than the tiny old runner shots. Thanks again.

Billy
Old 10-21-2003, 02:25 PM
Contributing Member

High 13's are realistic I think. You really just have to remove alot of the crap inside though (which means NO audio components).

I believe stock runs in the high 15's or low 16's so getting into the 13's should be pretty easy. Having the SC will definitely shave off 2 secs or so (maybe 2). But adding a wet system will definitely make the 4runner 13 sec worthy.

As for why you want it to go that fast when you have the lift and big tires... I dunno

If you do plan to go that route, expect to lower your 4runner and change the dynamics of the suspension because raising it will do you no good

Also since you're in life w/ quarter mile stuff, don't bother with swaybars as thats only good on turns (straight stuff is useless). It'll just weight you down.

Weight is your enemy when it comes to going faster and you'll want/wish that you had 2wd in the end. (the fulltime will eat some of the time). Also if you still have your dynamat on there, take that all off as that's additional weight that you will regret

O yeah, don't forget to get a Super AFC unit to monitor everything. Upgrade your fuel system too (injectors,FMU, etc etc). Reprogram your ECU too.. But I'm sure you already know half of this as you're probably already thinking about all of this
Old 10-21-2003, 02:56 PM

Mr. Good Times

Thank you, you truly are a damn cool guy. Like you said, just follow my past posts in here and it all adds up to something. I appreciate your help and belief in me. I hate boasting about my vehicles, so I really didn't even want to run the post...that was never my intention. I just really enjoy my vehicles, and if I can help you guys along the way, I will. Its funny, it seems everyone except me is in complete love with my 4 Runner...not that I hate it, well I guess it has grown on me. I had a 99 v-6 taco up to almost 275 @ the rear wheels and never even took a pic of it. It's the bright red color, and has since received a revtek lift and some 305's or 315's. Sold it to my cousin. Try to but it back from here every time I see her...most beautiful Tacoma I have ever seen. Then when I bought the Lightning, I started taking pics of it cause I was in love with the truck and wanted to document its progress. True Blue (Bullitt color only available on the 02's) in color with the factory tonneau. Then since I was working near Santa Barbara @ the time, I ran it down to So-Cal Speedshop and had them put their 2/3 kit on it with new eibachs and the works, sways, trac bars. Had the motor very close to 500 RWHP with the additon of a custom intake, underdrive and overdrive pulleys, a diablo sport chip, and a JDM (no, not Japanese domestic market, but a lightning tuner) power cooler in the bed, very similar to the factory one being considered for the new lightning. Then I sent the 3rd rod thru the block, and even with all the mods, ford put in a brand new 03' block (stronger rods,etc. in comparison to the underbuilt 02') for free. Then hit washington for the summer and sold her. You are 100% correct about all that extra weight slowing me down, so I just have to settle for a happy medium. The 1" MDF box that holds the amps, caps, line driver, and subs weighs well over 100 lbs on its own. And each 13W7 is some where around 70 lbs. And if you have ever put on dynomat, you know it is virtually impossible to get off, especially if you wipe all the metal clean with acetone, and then heat it as you apply it. 13's would be cool. And again, thanks for the positive feedback and support, It is very much appreciated. And also good to see you have a nice ride yourself...gotta have that V-8, I love mine. Sorry for my life story guys, I will now revert back to the pics and 100 character or less posts. Later.

Billy
Old 10-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Contributing Member

Billy:

It's always good to see and hear other members with their price and joy! Hell I have to admit, I love my pride and joy too

It's also good to see people using their 4runner is different ways/applications. Not everyone is into the hardcore rock crawling stuff so that must be well respected. There are people out there that buy the 4runners purely because they know that it's one of the best SUV's you can buy that's capable out of the box! Yes I have to admit most everyone will never touch the pavement but hell, atleast they're buyin 4runners to help all of us keep this vehicle alive in this market. Some 4runners are desert runners and show great strengths there as well as some 4runners purely for show or even for quarter mile actions To each are their own dreams on what they want to accomplish!

I just can't wait to check out some pics of your new ride as I know it will definitely kick butt.

As for the dynamat stuff, I know it's virtually impossible to take it out. My old school civic back in the day had that stuff on and boy did that thing make the civic heavy!!! hehe

There are a few members here that have done the great gains in the HP department so I know when you start that area, they will chime in and help. Gadget is a very well respected member here that knows alot about the SC so, I suggest you shooting an email/pm if you need some advice or help There are others out there w/ knowledge in the HP area so give them a buzz too

Good luck!

Lance