03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

Finally ! A production 4th Gen lift !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 08:12 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Toyo_Runner96
Mama...........
yea, I probably shouldn't even have replied with anything to that gif. I usually receive a PM from my a certain mod for even mispelling things.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

Would that Mama =

mommy or a mamar (espaņol)?

"Tico" Doug
Old 10-13-2003, 02:04 PM

Hey folks,

I talked with Daystar last week. They told me the kits for the '03-'04 4Runners won't be out until the first of next year. They also said their kits will be incompatible with XREAS. In short, they told me to stay away from it.

Armed with this information, I just placed my order for an '04 SR5. This will be my first 4Runner and I am really excited!!! Just wish the kit would come out sooner.

- Barry Dickson
Old 10-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by bocephas70
Hey .

- Barry Dickson
When are you supposed to take delivery of the 4Runner? be sure to start a thread and post some pics.

Hey Barry, Is your username supposed to be referring to Hank Jr.? If so you might want to see if they mods will change the spelling for you, Bocephus. If your username hasn't got anything to do with that Alabama boy, desregard this.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:25 AM
Contributing Member

Thats funny, I just yesterday got an email from Daystar in response to my inquiry on when the 4th Gen lift would be available.

DSexton@daystarweb stated that it should be ready by the end of this week!

Obviously, someone is mistaken or just plain wrong.

Doug
Old 10-14-2003, 08:18 AM

Someone listed a link to a store that is already advertising lifts for the 03 that was a week or 2 ago...maybe it was downey and not daystar?
Old 10-14-2003, 08:28 AM
Contributing Member

I can personally guarantee it's not Downey because they don't have the rear coils done yet. One of these days, they'll call me back to test fit the rear coils but until then I know it's not them.

It must be daystar as they are the only ones in the market that has anything done. Well atleast one user here has them (test model).
Old 10-14-2003, 08:42 AM

I can't find it now -search is broken-but someone posted a link to a internet store. I clicked the link and it had a picture of lifts for the 03 4Runner, not XREAS compatible. It was downey or daystar .... not too sure.

I think it was for 1" and 1.5" lift spacers though. Someone will come across the thread one day, no big deal.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:18 PM
Contributing Member

Drrraaatt....never saw that thread....
Old 10-20-2003, 02:32 PM
Contributing Member

Question

Are there any more pics of Lefty's rig than the 4 already posted in this thread? Different angles, etc.? Can Lefty/Lance email them to me? TIA
Old 10-20-2003, 07:23 PM

Hey all-

Got my own custom 2.5" suspension kit almost complete. I have done a lots of mods on the new 03' as well:

Tundra FIPK modified to work on the 4.7L Runner

Custom air suspension in the rear (not reas, actually was a direct match for a 79 ford as far as the shock length, etc.) Allows me over five inches of height adjustment thru the air setup

Deep Cycle Dry Cell Battery running the vehicle

Yellow Top Optima for the Stereo

160 Amp alternator from Tom

Magnaflow custom single pipe exhaust

17 X 8.5 Konig Tremmors wrapped in 285/65R17 Goodyears...minimal rub (31.6 X 11.2)

Modified Tacoma Aluminum/Stainless front skid plate

1.25" wheel spacers all around (in the mail)

adjustable coil spacers up front (0-2.5") (in the mail)

All tinted out @ 20

Yanked every chrome badge off

120 Amp Battery Isolator under the hood to direct the current

Infinity Kappas and Earthquake mids and tweets (soon to be replaced by either Infinity Perfect or a top of the line JL...can't remember exactly) Gonna put a 6" sub, 4" mid, and seperate new tweeter in both front doors)

2 13.5W7-1.5's in a custom box in the rear, each being powered by a MTX 1501, with a cap to each, of course all 1'0 wiring, and a matrix line driver to boost it a little more. Have an older Black Orion 800XTR? running the highs with another Orion 1200XTR getting fixed for more upgrades. Hit 178 DB and actually shattered my rear window about 2 weeks ago...lexan is now installed.

And I'll quit for now, as I am very tired of listening to myself...sorry guys, just excited about the new ride...wasn't at all initially

Funny thing is, everywhre i go no one knows what it is cause I yanked all the chrome badging...you'd think they could interpret a personal plate that reads "4 RUNNA", but I guess not.

Oh, yeah, shes been wrapped and wrapped again in dynomat

I would highly recommend the intake and exhaust combo...gains were very obvious. Revs up to almost 5k @ every shift (auto)

So, if anyone could help me in the pic dept, I'll get some up in the next day or two. You guys have been great at helping me here in this forum...let me know if there is anyway I can return the favor (I'm trying now?!) Keep up the good work. Sorry for the long boring post.

Billy
Old 10-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Contributing Member

Billy:

Who built your custom spacer kit? Has it been tested? Just wondering.

Adjustable coil spacers? what are those? are you talking about coilovers? If so, who makes them?

Yeah pix would be nice

Lance
Old 10-21-2003, 06:32 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by fourunnabilly
Hey all-

Got my own custom 2.5" suspension kit almost complete. I have done a lots of mods on the new 03' as well:

Tundra FIPK modified to work on the 4.7L Runner

Custom air suspension in the rear (not reas, actually was a direct match for a 79 ford as far as the shock length, etc.) Allows me over five inches of height adjustment thru the air setup

Deep Cycle Dry Cell Battery running the vehicle

Yellow Top Optima for the Stereo

160 Amp alternator from Tom

Magnaflow custom single pipe exhaust

17 X 8.5 Konig Tremmors wrapped in 285/65R17 Goodyears...minimal rub (31.6 X 11.2)

Modified Tacoma Aluminum/Stainless front skid plate

1.25" wheel spacers all around (in the mail)

adjustable coil spacers up front (0-2.5") (in the mail)

All tinted out @ 20

Yanked every chrome badge off

120 Amp Battery Isolator under the hood to direct the current

Infinity Kappas and Earthquake mids and tweets (soon to be replaced by either Infinity Perfect or a top of the line JL...can't remember exactly) Gonna put a 6" sub, 4" mid, and seperate new tweeter in both front doors)

2 13.5W7-1.5's in a custom box in the rear, each being powered by a MTX 1501, with a cap to each, of course all 1'0 wiring, and a matrix line driver to boost it a little more. Have an older Black Orion 800XTR? running the highs with another Orion 1200XTR getting fixed for more upgrades. Hit 178 DB and actually shattered my rear window about 2 weeks ago...lexan is now installed.

And I'll quit for now, as I am very tired of listening to myself...sorry guys, just excited about the new ride...wasn't at all initially

Funny thing is, everywhre i go no one knows what it is cause I yanked all the chrome badging...you'd think they could interpret a personal plate that reads "4 RUNNA", but I guess not.

Oh, yeah, shes been wrapped and wrapped again in dynomat

I would highly recommend the intake and exhaust combo...gains were very obvious. Revs up to almost 5k @ every shift (auto)

So, if anyone could help me in the pic dept, I'll get some up in the next day or two. You guys have been great at helping me here in this forum...let me know if there is anyway I can return the favor (I'm trying now?!) Keep up the good work. Sorry for the long boring post.

Billy
No offense but that's a lot of expensive mods. People around here would go crazy to have a few of those, let alone all of them on one truck. Some of your posts said "in the mail" so they really don't exist yet, right? The checks people owe me are always in the mail....

I find it hard to believe you replaced your rear window with lexan already. Unless you have some kind of demo vehicle or are sponsored how can someone forget what kind of speakers they will be upgrading to? Where did you get the money to buy a $30K truck and still afford custom lift (that doesn't even exist yet), two real expensive W7's, custom skid plates etc.....178 dB?? Isn't that kinda high - even for a outlaw SPL event?

Anyways, all I am saying is that I was waiting for your thread to say the "custom gravity defying BFG prototype 56 inch super lava terrains mounted on alacoa 26s dubs with the new TRD twin screw supercharger/quad turbo/nitrous setup and a 60 in plasma tv in the dash". If the post is for real, more power to ya, but post some pics cause otherwise I have two of what you got. And I installed and built it all myself but I can't seem to figure out how to post pics on this easy forum (that I took with my 97 megapixel Cannon/Kodak/Nikon/Pentax super duper digital SLR with super gold inlay balh blah blah)

Last edited by jgs9455; 10-21-2003 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:26 AM
Contributing Member

Funny thing is that I believe him

It's because everything he states is within reasonable limit.

spacer lift: Daystar has finished theirs so someone can just make a custom spacer lift as well (it's a relative simple design).

FIPK: Both Tundra and 4runner uses almost the same intake. The intake plenum is slightly at a different angle but that's about it so this is doable as well.

Air suspension: This is possible but just requires lots of custom work.

Battery: enough said
Alternator: easy
Exhaust: done
Wheels: done
Skid Plate: possible, just requires someone to custom fab an existing plate

Adjustable coil spacers: now this I dunno what this is. I'm thinking it's coilovers but can't comment until I see some pix. If he does have em that's tight! I'm personally working with Downey and they have finished their coilovers back in August so I know this is within reason too. Just wished Downey got the rear done (which doesn't take too long?!?!?) so I can get my lift!!! arg

Tint: easy
Debadge: easy
Isolator: easy
speakers: been done to a certain extent.

Like I said, all of these are within reasonable limit. I just think that this vehicle is a custom job that's there for some competition or something? Maybe an audio competition with someone deep pockets to mod the new 4runner

Just can't wait to see those pics thats all!

Have faith!

EDIT: If you follow billy's questions and comments on other threads all of the above mods will sound legit Just use your search feature and then check to see what he has done recently (activity) and then it'll show a rough timeline of what he's been doing!

The only thing I want to know is if his SC got installed!

Last edited by Good Times; 10-21-2003 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:04 AM
Contributing Member

I hope he is for real, I just want to see the pics. It sounds too awesome! Maybe I'm just jealous.....
Old 10-21-2003, 10:43 AM

Bare with me guys. I just had typed up another lengthy and detailed reply, then tried to attach some pics and they were all too bit. I had copied everything I typed, just in case this would happen, went back to paste it, and all was gone. Here is a pic of the runner just after I bought it with the wheels, 265/70R17 Geo's, the tinting, badge removal, and the OEM rear spoiler I bought from Autoearth in Canada. A friend is borrowing my little pos digital cam, but she is getting it back to me this weekend and I will shoot many more. Here is also a pic of my lightning, just before I sold it to buy the runner. Hope these come thru.

Billy
Old 10-21-2003, 10:56 AM

4 Runner
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2003, 10:58 AM

Hang on, trying to figure out correct constraints on the pics.

Billy
Old 10-21-2003, 11:01 AM

Again- hopefully much larger.
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2003, 11:05 AM

Just a heads up. The FIPK should be out soon. K&N had my rig for two weeks back in July.

I will post picks of it as soon as I get it from Dino.

Late,
Serge

Quick Reply: Finally ! A production 4th Gen lift !!