03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

4th Gen Mods/aftermkt wish list

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4th Gen Mods/aftermkt wish list

For all you/us 4th Generation 4Runner owners out there. What aftermarket parts or mods would you like to see available for our trucks ? Who knows... Maybe somoene is reading !

I was steel plates to replace the plastic panels/decking on the rear bumper, doors, and running boards.

An affordable exaust, that isn't dual, gives good performance... But, doesn't look like a ricer and drone on inside the cabin @ speed.

Headers.

A Supercharger than is reasonably priced and uses 87oct fuel (hey, it's a wish list.)
Old 01-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Banned

some good bumpers like ARB makes would be nice ...

i don't so much like my stockplastic ones

as far as the exhaust ... you could always keep the stock setup and just replace the muffler - that would give you a pretty good sound for not too much $$.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:56 AM
Contributing Member

-Besides the obvious steel bumpers front and rear (Jason @ Demello is currently fabbing one for the front). Some sliders too.

-A good coil over lift (Downey's also fabbing right now).

-A supercharger that isn't 4 grand

-How about a good rubberized flooring that offers complete coverage. My carpet's been trashed and the only way to save it is with a complete replacement :cry:

-Finally how about something to put in that damn trash bag holder!
Old 01-12-2004, 04:22 AM
Contributing Member

It would be great to have a TRD package that added about 2" inches of clearance. I have XREAS, so more than likely the system would have to come from Toyota to keep the system intact.

Has anyone noticed the newer Runners sit level and not raked like my '03. Am I seeing things or did Toyota up the height?

Last edited by Sac State; 01-12-2004 at 04:36 AM.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Contributing Member

wishing only goes soo far... sometimes you gotta just take some actions!! hehe

thus we should have a prototype steel bumper for the front on the 4th gens by feb 11. maybe ARB/TJM will get their act together and do something...

first coilovers for the 4th gen should be on a test vehicle tomorrow!! as soon as word gets out on this, I'm sure SAW and King will get their act together and pump something out too as I'm sure they don't want to be left behind in this aggresive aftermarket world.

Sliders (for non xreas) is already available on the 4th gens, provided by Demello Offroad (www.demello-offroad.com).

Headers would be nice to go with the catback exhaust but who knows when that'll happen. Downey as expressed interest in making one for the v8 but we'll see...

but you know something... any ol mod will be expensive.... you pay what you get... arg...

lockers? (front/rear)... ahh
Old 01-12-2004, 10:48 AM

Has anyone noticed the newer Runners sit level and not raked like my '03. Am I seeing things or did Toyota up the height?
Nope, I haven't noticed.. My friend has a 2wd V6 '04 and we think my V8 4WD sits higher than his.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:17 PM

Yeah, I have some sliders coming in the mail on friday from richard stubbs @ stubbswelding.com. He is a great guy to work with and would reccomend him to anyone...prices are killer too. I am also getting a custom full under body skid plate, and I have heard of many companies working on this as well. Can't wait to see downeys setup, Good Times. And I hear ya'll on that 4 grand for the blower...just give it some time, it is already down from an initial price of $4700 to $3850. More products are rolling out by the day.

Billy
Old 01-12-2004, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 02Runner
-How about a good rubberized flooring that offers complete coverage. My carpet's been trashed and the only way to save it is with a complete replacement :cry:

Care to elaborate, how did you trash all the carpeting
Old 01-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry Edge, I didn't trash it all, just the front footwells (work), the rear footwells (my daughters softball team) and the cargo area thanks to my often wet and muddy Golden Retriever

I do have husky liners, but the coverage doesn't provide enough protection. Oh well, no biggie though!

Doug M.