03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

2004 4runner Drivers Seat Clicking sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 4runner Drivers Seat Clicking sound

Does anyone else have a clicking sound on their seats when they brake or accelerate? Any ideas on what it could be? I have a 2004 SR5 with the cloth seats.

It's kinda sounds like "click-thump".
Old 01-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

did a search and found this::

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...ht=seats+noise
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f117/popping-noise-back-03-4runner-17973/
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f117/03-4runner-seat-rattle-14873/

stopped as i'm too lazy to list everything in the search.

try some key words like seat, rattle, noise, etc etc etc

good luck
Old 01-18-2007, 08:33 PM

Lots of people have had this problem and repaired at the dealer. There is a TSB for it. Like Lance says, search and ye shall find. For what its worth, I've never had this problem, nor the sulphur smell nor the sunroof problem (oh yeah...I don't have sunroof! Sorry)
Old 01-22-2007, 05:34 PM

Sorry. I'm kinda new here. I couldn't find the TSB. And if there was a TSB, how come Toyota didn't mention it when I brought my car in for this problem. I'll need some reference for the dealer since they aren't very helpful.

Can someone help? Sorry, but couldn't find it...
Old 01-22-2007, 05:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
frank, did you even open the FIRST link that lance searched for you? its in there
Old 01-22-2007, 06:30 PM

Here is the TSB for the 4th gen: http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Toyota/11...-06/index.html

I had this done on my truck a few weeks ago and the problem is gone. I'm glad this came out before my truck went out of warranty. It's been real annoying these past 3 years...
Old 01-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have complained about this to my dealer in my tacoma for months and had heard there was a TSB but never saw it. I wonder if I could get them to cover this on my Tacoma.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:06 PM

looks like they finally addressed the problem with a real part fix. Thanks for posting that.

Originally Posted by Sharp4runr
Here is the TSB for the 4th gen: http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Toyota/11...-06/index.html

I had this done on my truck a few weeks ago and the problem is gone. I'm glad this came out before my truck went out of warranty. It's been real annoying these past 3 years...
Old 01-22-2007, 08:03 PM

Thanks so much guys...Appreciate it...

Frank

By the way, how come my Toyota Dealership didn't now about this. I just got back from there and they said there was nothing they could do about it under warranty. Are they lame or what? Sorry, but they wasted my time and kept my car all day as I had to get a rental.

And, do I refer to TSB Number: NV011-06 when I visit my dealer?

Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
frank, did you even open the FIRST link that lance searched for you? its in there
I looked in there are everything was 2003-

Last edited by frank69m; 01-22-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:12 AM

Print that TSB document. Hand-deliver it to the Service Manager along with a speech about how you are more than disappointed about their cluelessness of the TSB and apparent lack of customer service.

If that doesn't work then call Toyota of North America customer service and complain.

Originally Posted by frank69m
Thanks so much guys...Appreciate it...

Frank

By the way, how come my Toyota Dealership didn't now about this. I just got back from there and they said there was nothing they could do about it under warranty. Are they lame or what? Sorry, but they wasted my time and kept my car all day as I had to get a rental.

And, do I refer to TSB Number: NV011-06 when I visit my dealer?

I looked in there are everything was 2003-

Last edited by DealMaker; 01-23-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:41 PM

Yup, what DealMaker said. Print it out and give it to them and have them fix it per the TSB. Be aware they'll probably have the truck most of the day if not all day because they will have to outsource part of the work to an upholstery shop. This is common as the upholstery shop has more experience swapping the seat cover onto the new seat than your local dealership.

I'm not sure why your dealership didn't come up with the TSB. They must have been lazy to look up the real issue for you. This is the second time my dealership has fixed a TSB related issue without me furnishing the actual TSB. The first was the Sulfur TSB. I went both times expecting to have to argue with them and I had the TSB printed it out in the glove compartment, and both times they just took the truck and mentioned that they'd have it for most of the day. The Sulfur TSB I had to bring back as they had to order parts. The Seat TSB they actually took the parts from another customer who had not returned after making the initial complaint.

Anyways, good luck to you!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Contributing Member

If the original dealership is not wanting to help you resolve this TSB issue I would highly suggest that you take your business elsewhere.

good luck
Old 01-27-2007, 05:16 AM

Get everything done while its under warranty..
I had 144,000 on mine, and the dealer won't do anything..
I have sunrrof probs, seat sways, and the check engine light keeps coming on supposedly due to the cat converter.. It's $1,500 for the converters..
I'm just driving it as is.. The problems aren't enough to make me "not like" my 4runner..Just wish toyota would stand behind thier product a little better. They know they have problems with the seats & sunroof..
Old 01-29-2007, 06:23 AM

Wildwood4runner - Have you made complaints about those issues before you ran out of warranty? I mean some of the fixes probably came out after you were out of warranty as it seems you put a lot of miles on your truck. If you had made a complaint while you were still under warranty, you've got some ground to stand on when making a claim now. It's not your fault that you had these issues while under warranty and Toyota had no fix at the time. Now that there is a fix, you should get your complaints fixed since you made a claim while under warranty.

Just a thought...
Old 01-29-2007, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Wildwood4runner
Get everything done while its under warranty..
I had 144,000 on mine, and the dealer won't do anything..
I have sunrrof probs, seat sways, and the check engine light keeps coming on supposedly due to the cat converter.. It's $1,500 for the converters..
I'm just driving it as is.. The problems aren't enough to make me "not like" my 4runner..Just wish toyota would stand behind thier product a little better. They know they have problems with the seats & sunroof..

144k on an 03. Dang. you must drive across the country on a monthly basis.

By the way, for my clicking seat, I called Toyota and now they are buggin the dealership since they wouldn't (dealership) help me.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:34 AM

I'm a sales rep, so I'm always on the road. (Explains the miles)
I did not turn in compaints early, I know I mentioned it to the dealer, but not until I had 60,000 on it.
I only stop for oil changes. I can't stand leaving it there and then work out of a rental car..
I've learned to live with most of the probs.
I am curious how many miles I can get on it before something big happens..
I've got three teenagers that would love to get thier hands on it. They just don't realize it may not be quite the same w/ 300,000 on it.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:39 AM

Does anyone know if their is any actual difference in the seat rails that are installed per the TSB? I have an 06 w/30k and the new seat rails have arrived at the dealership for my truck, just wondering if it is worth taking it in for a day to have them swap out the frame rails?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:40 PM

Yup, they are different and they have different part numbers. They've fixed my issue. Two months later and I'm still good to go...
Old 03-08-2007, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sharp4runr
Yup, they are different and they have different part numbers. They've fixed my issue. Two months later and I'm still good to go...
Cool, thanks for the reply!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:14 AM

I'm glad I found this. That seat click has been driving me nuts. I work at Toyota and have access to TSB's but never found that one.

Quick Reply: 2004 4runner Drivers Seat Clicking sound