Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Were can I get a Fuel Gauge sending unit (It's already a bad week here)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Were can I get a Fuel Gauge sending unit (It's already a bad week here)

I blew a head gasket Saturday night (my fault I forgot "fun" is something I'm not supposed to have). So Sunday I tore into the motor and set everything aside to take to the Head shop on Monday (sent the Intake to be resurfaced as well since it was prone to leaking). Since I was in town I ordered an new bolt for the intake (the one that goes through the Thermostat housing) then headed to Mom's to order parts from ENGNBLDR (she has pay pal, I dont shop online). It's Wensday and Toyota has my bolt (as they said they would +1 Haley Toyota) but i havent heard a word from the Head shop as to weather or not the valves needed to be done etc. (resurface was a given the rest is up in the air).

Well since I have the truck in pieces I thought it would be wise to check on the Fuel Gauge/Tank/Level sending unit since it was acting up. I managed to break 4 of the 5 itty bitty useless bolts that bolt it to the tank (I have tec-screws to fix that but it's just aggravating) and managed to find that the windings were broken on it so repair is out of the question. Now I need to find one but no one (save Toyota @ $125) can find one. It looks to me like a standard 33-220ohm found in most big rigs (bolt patterns like identical). AA, AZ, NAPA, and Federated are useless in finding it maybe some one here has found another one that would work in its place. It seems odd that with as may times as I've seen this part brought up here that no aftermarket part exists.

Sorry if I ranted a little too much I just really like driving the 88 Yota over driving the 98 s-10 (he got aggravated with it too and parked it).