Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need advice installing 4" panhard drop bracket '94 4Runner

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:44 AM
pfc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice installing 4" panhard drop bracket '94 4Runner

After installing OME springs, I determined I needed a 4" panhard drop bracket. I'm getting ready to install the bracket and looking for advice on the easiest way to do it. I've read threads that members have had problems removing the bolt because of the angle of the control rod. Other members had trouble getting the rod and bracket hole to line up after installing the drop bracket. Some members had to purchase a come-along to line up the bolt hole. Should I install the bracket with the tires on the ground or on jack stands? I'm trying not to turn this into an all day project. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:38 PM

I was able to install mine in about 20 minutes.

Keep the truck on the ground. To remove the panhard bar (after lift spring install) have someone stand on the right hand side of the rear bumper, preferable someone heavy or even 2 people. This will relieve the pressure on the bolt that connects it to the frame. Don't disconnect the panhard bar on the axle side, there is no need.

The bolt should come out pretty easy. You can tap it out with another bolt or a punch, but I was able to pull mine right out. A lubricant like PB works great for this.

Unbolt the LSPV bracket.

Let the panhard bar droop to the ground - if you dont unbolt the LSPV it will droop to the ground when you move the panhard bar and can rip the plastic boot.

Install your panhard bracket. You'll probably have to remove the right tire to drill your hole.

If the panhard bar doesn't line up after you install the bracket, have someone push on the right rear of the bumper to line it up or rock the car from side to side until you can slide the bolt through (this is what I did).

Install a LSPV bracket. Done!

You don't need a come-along to line them up after your OME spring install. If you installed taller lift springs or lift springs stacked with spacers than maybe.

Good luck!

Last edited by conrad; 07-29-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:44 PM

I used two ratcheting tie down straps instead of a come a long. I put one on an tightened it and then put the second one on and tightened it. Once the second one was tight I loosened the first, pulled out the slack and repeated the process until the holes lined up.