Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LCE Headers, Magnaflow exhaust installed...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Lotus I think were all very curious. Let us know the outcome of this.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:10 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Wink

**** When are you gonna learn if you pay good money inspect the job before the key goes in the ignition . If you at least have some idea what your looking at.

Once you are satisfied with a visual inspection . Depending on what work was done it might be a good idea to check the fluids before starting the engine.

Once you have paid the bill driven off the property The shop owner has no real responsibility at least here in PA to rework anything unless it is so stated on the invoice.

Now most will be happy to fix out and out screw ups. just so they can keep customers happy and coming in the door.

I gotta say those were some of the worst welds I have ever seen just slighty worse then Brians:jessica:
Old 05-14-2012, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I agree they did a horrible job on it. I didn't get a chance to thoroughly inspect everything when I picked it up. They were closing and I needed to get to the airport for a flight.

Just got back in town yesterday and I inspected it thoroughly. I'm going to take it back and complain about it but honestly don't want them to touch it again. I can't imagine them doing any better than this if they were to try and correct it.

I'll take it to another shop I've used before, which I should've used but they are much further away and not very convenient. I just don't have the time in my schedule to do it on my own. I would love to though.

Couple gripes I have though....I really don't like the sound of it now. It honestly sounds way too ricey for me. Not sure if it's the Magnaflow muffler coupled with the Magnaflow cat? Initially I wasn't running a cat on it and it sounded really nice. Deep and throaty. I may consider taking the cat off of it and seeing how it sounds then.

Anyone around here running LCE headers, no Cat and a Magnaflow muffler? I'd like to compare the sound.

It also idles really rough now. So much so that it stalls sometimes idling in drive. Almost like there's a vacuum leak somewhere. I need to find time to inspect that too.

Meanwhile it's sitting in the garage for now until I can find the time to do the radiator swap.

thanks again.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
I could SWEAR I've heard many say, "DON'T delete the CAT, you'll kill ALL backpressure and more importantly, IT'S TOO RICEY/loud on trips, etc.".... NOW, mind you...that's YET ANOTHER NET-PINION! lol.. But I did read it alot. There's a few threads on it on here, MANY on Ih8mud and Marlincrawler.... even Pirate..... Can't help you with LCE MINUS CAT with Magnaflow... But had My LCE + CAT + Borla + 2.25" front to back/2.50" out the very back).....
Old 05-14-2012, 10:49 AM

I could SWEAR I've heard many say, "DON'T delete the CAT, you'll kill ALL backpressure and more importantly, IT'S TOO RICEY/loud on trips, etc.".... NOW, mind you...that's YET ANOTHER NET-PINION! lol.. But I did read it alot. There's a few threads on it on here, MANY on Ih8mud and Marlincrawler.... even Pirate..... Can't help you with LCE MINUS CAT with Magnaflow... But had My LCE + CAT + Borla + 2.25" front to back/2.50" out the very back).....
Yeah, I like the sound of yours. I'll have to get a video of it because I swear it sounds like a honda civic. Like I said, when I didn't have the cat on there I loved how it sounded, deep and a bit throaty. Didn't sound anything like a 4cyl. at all.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:47 PM

Live and learn ude that's all. I've been lucky to be able to do things myself and when i mess up least i can blame myself haha. Otherwise does it sound good?

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 05-16-2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Inappropriate language removed
Old 05-16-2012, 10:26 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Lotus1
Yeah, I like the sound of yours. I'll have to get a video of it because I swear it sounds like a honda civic. Like I said, when I didn't have the cat on there I loved how it sounded, deep and a bit throaty. Didn't sound anything like a 4cyl. at all.
Yeah, me too! But, for the moment, I went back to stock manifold/pipe/CAT set up to pass CA smog and guinea pig myself for some 'Back pressure'/Bigger exhaust and EGR effectiveness project stuff's, lol. I'll slap the header back on, soon, along with a modification of the 02 moved up to the collector area of the header(LCE has them all back by the CAT on the newer Headers)... also a small section of 'restriction' for backpressure... But yes, the LCE header can sound NICE!

At top end of the RPM it will usually sound more like it's 4bangin self/bit of a dirt track rig, lol... "Reeennnn" lol. Think I have another video of that.... But you'll figure it out/get it just right.