Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help ID injector parts - getting the dealer runaround

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help ID injector parts - getting the dealer runaround

92, V6 3VZE

Hey guys, I'm trying to reinstall my injectors but I'm getting the parts run-around from my dealer, and now I'm not sure what I need to replace when re-installing the injectors

The photo below shows the top o-ring, the little grommet thingy, and the bottom piece on the green part (very technical names I know).

The parts I got from the dealer were 6 small orings for the tops, the little top grommets, but then 6 more large o rings, each about the size of a 50 cent piece???
To top it off, the FSM shows another small oring on the bottom of the injector - I know for a fact there was only one small oring on each injector on the top when I removed it - none on the bottom....just the other little grommet like in my pic. I haven't removed or thrown anything out from the injectors when I removed them - just tossed em in plastic baggies.

Can anyone try to explain to me what the heck I need still, if you happen to have a pic of yours - that would really help me out.

(To top it off, the dealer sold me the wrong knock sensor wire, ordered another for me and told me to pick it up after work today - when I got there they couldn't find it. )

Thanks
Steve

Last edited by snelson; 08-29-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:11 PM

the larger o-ring is likely for the plastic part that the injectors sit in on the intake.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there are only 3 replaceable parts on the injectors, top oring, bottom squarish oring and the pintle cap (green thing)
Old 08-29-2007, 06:59 PM

Hey guys - finally got the pics up.

The first pic shows my injector and the parts I ordered from the dealer...
Does the bottom grommet need to be replaced?
What the hell is that big thin oring for??
Why does the FSM look nothing like my injector setup (the bottom pieces anyway)??
And especially, why does the FSM show two small orings to be replaced??

Please explain to me what I need to replace...the FSM says something to the effect that I need to drop in a bottom oring before dropping in the injectors - but the only parts that were there when I first removed the injectores are the ones in the photo above
Thanks
Steve
Old 08-30-2007, 08:57 AM

the larger o-ring is for the larger plastic part that the injector seats into on the intake, the FSM calls this plastic part a 'spacer'. the FSM mentions this o-ring as something to be replaced but does not show a picture of it. if the spacers on the intake don't easily pull out, get a flathead screwdriver and gently pry it out. you'll see that the o-ring in your pic goes around the spacer. page EG2-227 in the FSM specifies this.

I did not put in a smaller o-ring on the bottom of the injector when installing them, I just used that donut-shaped grommet.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:02 PM

Ok - that makes sense now.

So I don't think I'll bother replacing the larger spacer orings - the spacers are definitely in the intake firmly - I don't really see why they'd need to be replaced. Did you replace them Blurr?
Also, did you replace the donut shaped grommet on the bottom of the injector? I would think that would be a piece you'd want to replace.