Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help!!!! 1990 Toyota 4runner PWR door locks, and PWR windows dont work, ATALL!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!!! 1990 Toyota 4runner PWR door locks, and PWR windows dont work, ATALL!

HEY can someone help me out, i have a 1990 toyota 4runner 3.0 v6 80,000mi. that i bought just a couple months ago, havent been using it that much, but summers here and i need to get it in shape. my car wont lock, manually (by pushing the lock itself down) or with the electrical switch. and my Power windows wont work either. all the doors are stuck unlocked except my rear hatch is stuck locked and i can't even get it to open from the inside if i take the panel off and move the springs around. the guy i bought it from said it's either the relay, or the actuator. but i dont know which. or where to begin, or how to test either of them. i've also seen around on the tech forums that it could be the "circuit breaker" tripped...

any ideas?

thanks!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:44 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Start here:
www.ncttora.com/fsm

Old 06-15-2010, 05:20 PM

ok...so done of the window switches work? if not of the switches work, check the fuses...
Old 06-15-2010, 06:40 PM

More $runner crap

I checked all the fuses and they all work fine. i also replaced the Relays today, and that didnt fix the problem either, but i know the switches are working as well as the Relays because the relays are atleast "clicking" when i press the button. i found the Breaker down on the relay panel and took it off and checked it with a volt meter, NOTHING, and then i took it into westbay auto and they said that the breaker was fried. but NOONE has the breaker on hand and they all say I need to go to a dealer. SO my plan for tomorrow is Go to Heartland Toyota and see what they can dish up for me.

any other ideas (that dont involve replacing the actuator. i checked the price for one of those and its 437.07 cents. OUCH! ) help me out guys
Old 06-15-2010, 10:32 PM

Hey, I had a problem with my locks. They all seized after my battery died. I couldn't get them to work so I took it all apart and the actuater?! Was seized completely. Called my buddy that works for Toyota in salt lake and he quoted me 200 for a kit that comes with new lock actuators locks with keys and everything in it!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:39 AM

Unhappy New issue think fuel pressure regulator

hello all, i have a 1990 toyota 4runner 3.0 v6 automatic 4wd 31's 80,000 on rebuilt.
the truck is in awsome shape and all that fun stuff but for some reason the battery keeps dieing, (i think im just going to buy a new battery in hopes of it being the issue, i replaced the fusible link and i replaced the alternator and the battery post terminals. and i think i fixed the charging problem. now, the truck after it starts. boggs out between 1000 and 2000 rpm's. and if i press on the break and hold it, the rig spitts and sputters and wants to die. and when i go into reverse it does the same thing. last night i started the truck, put it in drive.. had to gun it to get it moving atall. and it dies about 50 feet away from where it was parked and i had to have my buddies push me back. the reason i believe my issue is the Fuel Pressure Regulator i because in my repair manual the FPR paragraph stated

"
If the fuel pressure is too high, it can cause an engine to run rich. This increases the emissions from the vehicle, and it can cause clogging, racing, misfiring, and a variety of other problems. Low pressure makes the engine run lean, in which case the engine may take a long time to start, if it starts at all, and it may misfire, hesitate, or halt. Both of these circumstances are highly undesirable, and the fuel pressure regulator prevents them from happening.
This device can sense the pressure in the fuel rail, and modify it with a flap which can be opened or closed to decrease or increase pressure. If the pressure becomes extremely high, a valve opens to allow fuel to flow into a line which leads back to the fuel tank. A number of things can influence fuel pressure, including leaks in the line and problems with the fuel pressure regulator."

????

HELP!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:46 AM

1990 4runner power windows

i sure hope this helps i went through my whole system with a meter and had power just to find out i had no ground ...the main ground wire is white with a black stripe i ended up finding three broken wires in the door jam just in the middle of the rubber boot .. i have a couple pics if you need them i will resize them but definately check your wires to the main fuse block on the drivers side ...its three plugs and you can feed them into the drivers door easily to check ..any q's hit it up and i will try to post pics of what i had to go through