YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 86-95 Trucks & 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

93 4runner, botched SAS, frame swap....

93 4runner, unknown miles on a 3.0 although it was rebuilt less than 3000 miles ago due to head gasket issues. 5 speed, 4.88 gears needs to have the tail lights hooked up, bumpers put on and the front third put back in. Asking 2500$ or so for it.

The guy that's selling it bought it a couple years ago from the original owner. The OO decided to SAS it and did it badly, so badly that the vehicle leaned to the passengers side almost two inches lower than the drivers side. The frame was subsequently compromised in the ensuing attempts to fix the SAS foul up. The guy that owns it now is an avid off road enthusiast and runs several Toyotas along with a handful of Suzuki Sammi's that use Toyota running gear. The 93 was bought and promptly had a frame swap done back to an IFS frame. Body is straight, interior is pretty good from what I've been told. Everything worked when it was bought. The current owner had plans to use it as a daily driver but never finished all the little things mentioned above. I can probably use his shop and get the rig finished in a weekend.

Other than replacing the fuel pump while I'm in there since I've read that they'll go out if they sit too long should I be looking for anything specific regarding the 3.0? I know all about the rest of the rig but this is my first venture towards the 3.0. So far all I'm looking for is a DD for the next year or so. No plans to lift it since it's already got taller coils in the rear to level it and is sitting on 33's. No plans to lock it or anything like that.

Thank you for your time.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
First gens with the top off will get you laid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_goat View Post
That's like replacing the dilithium crystals in your warp drive and forgetting to take them out of the foil wrapper.

Last edited by Junkers88; 08-17-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement