Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Am I missing a step? Cant get rear window to role back up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I missing a step? Cant get rear window to role back up?

I just bought this 86 4runner yesterday. I have been cleaning it and took the top off. Put top back on ready to role window back up but it will not role back up. I know I had some trouble rolling it down but eventually figured it out. I hooked a battery up to the motor and it will role up and down with that. Also I my wiper will not come on. It just feels like i am not getting all the sensors tripped.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:12 PM

Did you put ALL the bolts back in? there is a switch underneath the bed rail on the driver side, right next to the "roll bar", if theres no bolt in that hole it wont roll up.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:29 PM

Yep checked all bolts they are all there. I took the window lock switch out And jumpered the wires I can get the window to go up and down with the window lock switch jumpered. But when I put the window all the way up I can no longer get it to come down again? If I hook a battery directly up to the window moter and bring it down I can jumper the window lock again and move the window untill it goes all the way up and hits the fully closed switch. Anyone have a clue where my problem is at now. I could care less for the window lock switch. Maybe i can jumper it 2 ways to make it work??
Old 05-30-2010, 06:44 PM
pwd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe you should tell it who is boss...(sorry couldn't resist)

Is the wiper in the 'home' position, I'm pretty sure it needs to be seated correctly for the window to go up.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:59 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Not sure how you'd test it, but the relay circuit board in the sidewall behind the driver's seat is often a source of problems. If you are sure the rear wiper is being seated completely and the rear window lock switch is not sticky (which is a possibility), then that's what I'd look at. You can replace the relays, but I personally botched that job on mine and had to bypass the circuit board entirely......which meant no rear window wiper, but I didn't have that in the first place. So, no love lost. I bypassed it with a double pole/double throw switch in the cab and another under the liscense plate light housing. Anyway, the relays, when going out, can give intermittent function. That's how my rear window issues started. Then, finally, it just wouldn't go back up.