84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Lets talk about the hilux surf.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets talk about the hilux surf.

I have been looking around for badges because my friend told me everywhere but the states the 4runner was the hilux surf.Im finding tons of 2nd gen stuff but as far as first gen im not finding much. I have found badges but dont know if there correct for my body style(1st gen) Im looking to gather as much info as possible about the 1st gen hilux surf as possible. What options did it come with? pictures of stock ones.I keep seeing fender mirrors and stuff and just dont know if that really was factory.
Im also looking for a place to get the oem hilux surf parts.Id like the badges and the piece that goes over the plate holder(only parts i have seen that id think were factory) any interior trim stuff that wasn't the same here.I have been starting to think 1st gen surfs were still 4runners but as soon as im almost set on it i find 85-89 truck called a hilux and figure there has to be one in that bodystyle.

thanks
Russell
Old 10-23-2006, 05:40 PM

we dont need no stinking badges! sorry, i tried not to, but i couldnt stop
Old 10-24-2006, 02:05 AM

LOL i know most of the guys on here dont go for that stuff but this is my first full redo on a toyota.Im weird in the way i always need rare over seas parts that are damn near impossible to find. Plus the badges are missing already so i need something and the dealer i was at today didnt know what the hell was going on....i kida wonder if the parts guy knew he worked for toyota:pat:
Old 10-24-2006, 02:18 AM

My vw rare parts collection...
ABT cylinder head-99% of people didnt know they were made or even seen a picture of one.They cost more then i have in my truck and 4runner together.

The wheels on the car are VWmotorsports wheels made by bbs for the 93 corrado race team(im told there are only 15sets of real vwms wheels left world wide)And custom made lips.

BBS steering wheel(not a copy) never been mounted and was made the same month the wheels were(8 of 92)

New oem storm badges

Sorry just thought id post some pics of the other love of my life. Its kinda in my family..My dad and brother had a 180sx(jdm 240) with a full factory s15 silvia front clip on it.Everything on it was jdm.Im working on my dads project car thats a euro spec m6. The rare parts thing is carryin over to the 4runner too.....I even found a set of JDM plates for it and the truck and a rare set of the light up plates. Now for badges and rare options....

Last edited by vwfastg60; 10-24-2006 at 02:19 AM.